EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

February/March Trivia Prize Pack

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

February/March Trivia Prize Pack

Postby jabba359 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 17:07 +0000

Hey, this prize pack has a few last chance/only chance items. The Hungarian vol 16 HC (#40/100) is the only copy I have to give away and comes with a signed and numbered bookplate. This prize is complements of Krash01 and http://www.vadviragok.hu/. The RCCC 2016 badge is the last one I have, as is the old-color cloissone pin.

As always, thanks to Stan for all the items he has donated for these giveaways and for signing the piles of stuff I bring him at conventions. The giveaways wouldn't be possible without his generosity. Also, thanks to all of you for participating and making this a great forum.

So, how does one win a prize pack? Here's how:

*Participate in the weekly trivia as you normally do.
*The winner or winners (if more than one) of the weekly trivia will be entered into the monthly prize drawing. If you win a weekly trivia question and don't want to be entered into the prize giveaway, just PM me and I'll exclude you from the randomizer at the end of the month.
*The winners of the trivia that ends during the prize months are eligible. If a trivia question ends on a following month, you will be entered into the next prize pack pool.
*As people win the weekly trivia contests, I'll update the list of all the winners (in the order they won) and then use a random number generator (https://www.random.org/) to select the Prize Pack winner.
*I will announce in this thread who the prize pack winner is and contact them via PM for shipping info. International participants are welcome to play along.
*Participants can not win two prize packs in a row, but they can still play the weekly trivia any weekly wins on the month after a win will not count as an entry into the monthly prize pack. Back to back wins are rare, but I want to make sure that with the small number of players we have, the prizes get spread out a bit. Thanks for understanding.
*These rules are subject to change on subsequent months if there are bugs to work out.

Here's what's up for grabs (remember, if it's signed in the picture, then the item you receive will be signed as well). Items are not to scale :D :

February/March entries:
1. Maka
Last edited by jabba359 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 20:40 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyle
jabba359
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Re: February/March Trivia Prize Pack

Postby Gaffey » Sun Feb 10, 2019 18:13 +0000

Hey jabba,

You can remove my name from line 2. I didn't officially enter Maka's contest. I was aware of the answer but I didn't play hoping someone else would play/win.
Gaffey

Postby jabba359 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 20:41 +0000

Gaffey wrote:Hey jabba,

You can remove my name from line 2. I didn't officially enter Maka's contest. I was aware of the answer but I didn't play hoping someone else would play/win.

Done.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Trevis Woods » Mon Feb 11, 2019 20:55 +0000

I’m totally not familiar with this HC Edition. Can I get some info on it? I assume it is a standard volume 16 Shrouded moon but from Hungary?
That RCC badge is my favorite cover art...love the colors and design
Where did that CBLDF/TFAW signature card come from? When was it released? I’ve never found one or seen one pop up for sale anywhere. Was it a common thing and I just missed it?
Trevis Woods
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Mon Feb 11, 2019 22:04 +0000

Trevis Woods wrote:I’m totally not familiar with this HC Edition. Can I get some info on it? I assume it is a standard volume 16 Shrouded moon but from Hungary?
That RCC badge is my favorite cover art...love the colors and design
Where did that CBLDF/TFAW signature card come from? When was it released? I’ve never found one or seen one pop up for sale anywhere. Was it a common thing and I just missed it?

That is a special limited edition hardcover of Shrouded Moon published by Stan's Hungarian publisher, which is s/n on a b/w tip in plate, limited to 100 copies. It is the only Usagi book published in Hungary to have both a standard tpb and a hardcover edition. I believe it was released to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Usagi being published in Hungary. Unlike the English ltd edition hardcovers, this one does not have a dust jacket, the artwork is printed on the actual cover, similar to the Usagi yojimbo Saga hardcovers.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby jabba359 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 23:12 +0000

What Steve said. Here's the webpage for the book: http://www.vadviragok.hu/Usagi-Yojimbo-16-dedikalt

As for the CBLDF/TFAW card, on the back it advertises an auction benefiting the CBLDF in 2009 (TFAW must have been sponsoring the event). I'm guessing by the date (July 25th) and the listing of Stan's booth number on the front that the auction was run in tandem with San Diego Comic Con.

-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Trevis Woods » Tue Feb 12, 2019 15:00 +0000

Thanks Steve and Kyle...great info! I appreciate it!
Trevis Woods
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia