EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Weekly Trivia for the week of May 18th - May 31

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Weekly Trivia for the week of May 18th - May 31

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun May 24, 2015 11:58 +0000

The member to come up with the best excuse as to why Buck Rogers did not post this week's Trivia Challenge wins.

Be very very creative (examples include Neko ninja ate it, Tokage hijacked it, a couple pickpockets destroyed it, a woodcutter couple mulched it, etc)

The winner will be picked from all the entries by Buck Rogers and will receive a copy of Lionheart Tales: When Brains Collide (Not Dead Yet Comics, 2014) which features a great back cover by Stan Sakai.....

Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Re: Weekly Trivia for the week of May 18th - June 1

Postby jabba359 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:50 +0000

Haha, pretty funny that within two minutes of each other we both decided to post trivia to make up for last week not having one. :mrgreen:

Haven't we been running the trivia from Mon-Sun, which would make your question end on Sunday, May 31st and not June 1st? I only ask since it'll affect which month the winner gets put in for the prize pack.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Mayhem » Sun May 24, 2015 17:15 +0000

Obvious reason is that Princess Ardala kidnapped him, and he took two weeks to escape from her clutches...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby Jubei » Sun May 24, 2015 17:19 +0000

Buck Rogers answered the call of his comrade, Space Usagi, in helping him with a scouting mission. Their ship soon came under attack by a patrol of a rival clan and though they successfully fought them off, their ship was damaged, forcing our heroic duo to land upon a strange medieval world for assistance.

Our heroes soon came across a wandering warrior, a barbarian of sorts. A comic misunderstanding soon ensued (Buck wondered why this ruffian kept mentioning the verb 'grew'. A problem with their translator perhaps?) The barbarian became enraged over some perceived insult and suddenly launched a ferocious attack upon our heroes.

Out of the corner of his eye, Buck noticed the barbarian's canine dog advancing, noted the look of loyalty and concern in the dog's eyes, and thus was unsurprised when the canine leapt to his master's defense. During this melee, Buck's Trivia Challenge slipped from his vest pocket and ended up sliced and torn by both sword and claw.
Jubei
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun May 24, 2015 22:35 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Haha, pretty funny that within two minutes of each other we both decided to post trivia to make up for last week not having one. :mrgreen:

Haven't we been running the trivia from Mon-Sun, which would make your question end on Sunday, May 31st and not June 1st? I only ask since it'll affect which month the winner gets put in for the prize pack.

Fixed, it now runs until May 31....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Re: Weekly Trivia for the week of May 18th - May 31

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun May 24, 2015 22:38 +0000

go wrote:Here is what I have heard:
Buck did not start his contest on time because Wilma Deering and Buck were busy meeting with Frank Miller about their new movie.....
Yah, that's the ticket!
Thank you very much for the fun!
Best wishes,
go
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Steve Hubbell » Mon May 25, 2015 22:39 +0000

I forgot to add that entries should be posted to this thread so everyone can read and enjoy them. And there is no limit on how many entries you post, the more excuses you post the better the chance Buck will pick one of yours..... :D
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby BuckRogers » Tue May 26, 2015 5:39 +0000

I am replying from my time "missing in action" but since I am loving this so much, I will withhold my reasons for not posting a question and see which one of you get's "the reason for me being gone" right on this thread!

As you can see, I am back with a vengence this morning and posting left and right. Sorry but as a hint as to why I did not post, I have been out of internet range (yes, places like that do still exist--Thank the Maker) for the last week!

Keep those guesses coming, they are making me laugh out loud at work this morning!
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby Maka » Tue May 26, 2015 7:07 +0000

Captain Rogers has gone on a cross country road trip with his kids to find all the missing Usagi Yojimbo collectables he is seeking. He has decided that eBay and other internet sites are a cheating when it comes to Usagi collectables. Only if he buys these collectables face to face can he feel that they are worthy of his Usagi collection. He even try to crash Matt's graduation and Hannah's wedding in hopes of getting some original sketches that Stan did on his children's paper programs. Not successful, Cap was not deterred. He headed to the Dark Horse offices in OR and took an office tour of Brendan Wright's office in hopes of getting some Usagi unused pages. That did not work but he did get a beer and some cheese fries out of Brendan.

Hopefully, Cap will return soon to save the world, once again.

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby maichan » Tue May 26, 2015 8:03 +0000

Just when Captain Buck Rogers thought his days of adventure were over (now that he was married, raising a bunch of kids, and had a normal 9 to 5 job).... and as he was driving to work, a dimensional portal open up directly in front of his 1977 Ford Country Squire station wagon, thrusting the captain to 17th century Japan, however this was not the Japan of the Tokugawa period that the Captain had read about in the history books, no dear reader, this was a Japan filled with strange animal beings that walked and talked like humans, and what was even weirder was they spoke English (but it was English that had a lot of Japanese words and terms). So there he was stuck in the mud on a dirt road with his Ford, dumbfounded as a Ronin Rabbit rode by on a horse with no name shouting "I am Miyamoto Usagi! I have come to save the day once again!" :shock:

Then, before the Captain could call out "Usagi, my hero!", there was a sudden flash of light and a phone booth appeared next to the Ford, and a couple of dudes in the phone booth were yelling "Excellent!" After another flash of light the phone booth disappeared and so did the Captain and his station wagon.... The Ford seemed to be riding on a rainbow wave and after yet another flash of light, came to a stop in what appeared to be a dark alley, with no phone booth or 2 dudes in sight. The Captain could hear the sound of car horns honking and cabbies yelling.... they sounded like New York cabbies. Just as the Captain was about to get out of his vehicle, there was a 'thud' on the rooftop and someone yelled "Cowabunga!" The Captain stuck his head out the window, and there looking back at him was a green face with a big grin.... it... it, looked like a turtle.... a mutant turtle....... a teenage mutant ninja turtle! It was at this time the Captain was beginning to think something strange was going on, because in the street in front of him at the end of the alley, a DeLorean came to a screeching stop. The turtle on the roof yelled "Pizza time" and was gone down an open manhole, and was followed by 3 other turtle ninjas and a large rat....the Captain's attention turned back to the Delorean where there were two guys, one looked like a wacky professor and was yelling something about a Flux capacitor, while the other guy looked a little bemused. Then there was another flash, as if a lightning bolt had just struck and the Delorean and the Ford were both gone.

Just as soon as the Captain was able to take a breath, he and his trusty station wagon were thrust through a dimensional portal once again and the Captain was on the road where this all began. The Captain was a little dazed, but decided he was still not awake, and must have been dreaming.... and made a mental note not to eat natto with french fries late at night ever again. So, he continued on to work, and when he arrived, his boss asked, "Rogers, where have you been? It's Tuesday morning, May the 26th! You've been gone a whole week! You've got some explaining to do!"
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby go » Tue May 26, 2015 8:59 +0000

" I forgot." Buck Rogers (and also Steve Martin..:))
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby maichan » Tue May 26, 2015 9:13 +0000

go wrote:" I forgot." Buck Rogers (and also Steve Martin..:))

:lol:

go wins! :P
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Lobster Johnson » Wed May 27, 2015 10:12 +0000

The reason he could not post a trivia challenge this week is this: He was approached by Ford Prefect and told that the Earth was being destroyed by a Vogon spaceship. Fortunately, Ford managed to transport them into the Vogon spaceship and off of the Earth. Then, after a long and confusing series of events involving some truly awful Vogon poetry, they made their way to the ship called the Heart of Gold, where he used the improbability drive on the ship to come back to Earth and read this thread. :D

Speaking of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a few days ago was Douglas Adams appreciation day.
Lobster Johnson

Postby BuckRogers » Sun May 31, 2015 15:54 +0000

Alright, going to look through each of these and pick one. Few comments on them, though first.

Mayhem wrote:Obvious reason is that Princess Ardala kidnapped him, and he took two weeks to escape from her clutches...

At least two weeks, probably more like a month, but that was only b/c I was too exhausted! :shock:
Attachments
princess ardala.jpg
princess ardala.jpg (101.2 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
BuckRogers

Postby BuckRogers » Sun May 31, 2015 16:02 +0000

Oh man!!! These are all so awesome! Thanks for the fun and laughs all!

REALLY, really hard to choose!!! Guess that is my punishment for missing the quiz posting!!!

After much deliberation, I have to go with maichan as he has incorporated just about every genre/film/comic that I grew up with and loved!

But, since I am also a surgeon in real life, the only missing reference is, of course, THE Doctor (going with the first Doctor I watched as he will always be my favorite)!

So maichan, I pass the baton to you for this next week's quiz!!!
Attachments
doctor.jpg
doctor.jpg (23.58 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
BuckRogers

Next

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia