EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

July Trivia Prize Pack

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

July Trivia Prize Pack

Postby jabba359 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:45 +0000

Stan was generous enough to donate some items for trivia prizes, so now we'll have a little added incentive to participate in the quizzes. Last month's rules seemed to work well, so I'll stick with them again.

So, how does one win a prize pack? Here's how:

*Participate in the weekly trivia as you normally do.
*The winner or winners (such as the Mar 23-30 trivia, which has two winners) of the weekly trivia will be entered into the monthly prize drawing.
*The winners of the trivia that ends during the prize month are eligible (for example, if a weekly trivia ends on April 30th, you qualify for April's prize pack, if it ends May 1st, you'd be in May's drawing).
*As people win the weekly trivia contests, I'll update the list of all the winners (in the order they won) and then use a random number generator (https://www.random.org/) to select the Prize Pack winner.
*I will announce in this thread who the prize pack winner is and contact them via PM for shipping info. International participants are welcome to play along.
*These rules are subject to change on subsequent months if there are bugs to work out. :D

So, for the month of July, here's what's up for grabs (remember, if it's signed in the picture, then the item you receive will be signed as well):

edit 07/15: updated with additional items. This month's Original Artist Sketch Card comes from Sergio Aragonés, creator of Groo. For those not familiar with Sergio and Groo, it's a comic about a barbarian named Groo that travels around with his dog and generally causes hilarious havoc and destruction. Stan, besides writing, drawing, and lettering his monthly Usagi Yojimbo comic also does lettering duties on Groo. Stan has also been a frequent guest on comic convention panel The Sergio and Mark Show. At San Diego Comic Con this year, it was announced that The Sergio and Mark Show was ending. The good news is that they are ending it in name only, with it continuing on as the new and improved The Sergio, Mark and Stan Show (names not necessarily in that order), cementing Stan's place alongside his friends and coworkers Sergio Aragonés and Mark Evanier for upcoming iterations of this convention panel.

Now, before you say "Hey, we've seen these prizes already", there will be some cool additional items that haven't been offered in any of the prize packs yet. I even had to make my Photoshop template bigger so it'll accommodate the additional items! And if all goes well at SDCC, the remaining 3 months of prizes I have (July-Sept.) should have some one-of-a-kind items along with some other new things to mix up the giveaways a little bit. So sit tight and try to win, because I guarantee that the prizes will include some stuff you don't have in your collections.

July weekly winners:
1. Go
2. Gaffey
3. Maka
4. Mayhem
5. Steve Hubbell
Last edited by jabba359 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 17:05 +0000, edited 9 times in total.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: July Trivia Prize Pack

Postby Maka » Thu Jul 02, 2015 13:01 +0000

Thanks Kyle,

The suspense just gets bigger and bigger. Awesome!

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby jabba359 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 +0000

Updated with additional items. Considering the long professional relationship that Stan has with Sergio, I figured that I would kick off the Original Artist Sketch Cards with Sergio's donation. Good luck to everyone!
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 17:18 +0000

Okay, since the next trivia will end in August, it's time to figure out this month's winner.

July weekly winners:
1. Go
2. Gaffey
3. Maka
4. Mayhem
5. Steve Hubbell

And random.org chooses...

07 July prize random.jpg
07 July prize random.jpg (28.45 KiB) Viewed 581 times

Steve Hubbell! Congrats!
-Kyle
jabba359