EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Weekly Trivia Contest 20th July

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Weekly Trivia Contest 20th July

Postby Mayhem » Tue Jul 21, 2015 14:22 +0000

Okay, so I couldn't think of any interesting enough question for this week. So instead, it's time to convince me with an argument :P

The current Usagi story arc sees Chizu and Kitsune meeting for the first time. So my question is... which two Usagi world characters who have not met each other yet would you like to have meet up in a story, and why? Best answer and reason in my opinion will win for this week!
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: Weekly Trivia Contest 20th July

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue Jul 21, 2015 17:08 +0000

The Blade of the Gods meets the Demon Queller!

A showdown of Epic proportions. Does any more
really even need to be said?
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Lobster Johnson » Tue Jul 21, 2015 19:03 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:The Blade of the Gods meets the Demon Queller!

That would be epic! Maybe Sasuke's giant frog could swallow Jei...

I'd like to see Kitsune and the Demon Queller meet. I think their respective personalities could lead to some funny dialogue and conversations. (They have never met as far as I know. I haven't read every Usagi comic, so I am not sure if they have met or not).
Lobster Johnson
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue Jul 21, 2015 21:05 +0000

Lobster Johnson wrote:
Steve Hubbell wrote:The Blade of the Gods meets the Demon Queller!

That would be epic! Maybe Sasuke's giant frog could swallow Jei...

I'd like to see Kitsune and the Demon Queller meet. I think their respective personalities could lead to some funny dialogue and conversations. (They have never met as far as I know. I haven't read every Usagi comic, so I am not sure if they have met or not).

Unfortunately, Kitsune and Sasuke did meet already (UY Book 26: Traitors of the Earth), and there was some great funny dialogue... :D
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Maka » Tue Jul 21, 2015 22:30 +0000

Zato Ino and Inspector Ishida.

A mysterious death occurs in a small village. The inspector just wants the truth. The blind sword pig just wants to be left alone. Will the truth set Ino free? Or will he be force to leave his peaceful life and daughter behind, in order to save them? Find out in "You Can Never Leave Your Past Behind!"

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby Trevis Woods » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:12 +0000

Young Usagi meets present day Usagi...to my knowledge they have never met themselves before ;)

A young Usagi is goofing around and accidentally bumps into an old witch and knocks her into a ditch full of water...the witch warns him he will one day regret his immature behavior. Many years later Usagi walking the same path is bumped into by a rough housing group of kids. Their actions cause him to bump into an old woman(the witch from his childhood) and as their eyes meet they recognize each other. She looks exactly the same...She has a smile and he looks scared. She knocks him on the head with her cane and suddenly Usagi is standing in a familiar place and he sees himself as a child. Usagi sees his younger self about to do something questionable and as he runs over to stop him older Usagi makes matters worse and as the story progresses through a couple other scenarios with older Usagi trying to help himself he comes to realize kids will be kids and he can't change the past, nor does he want to because it made him who he is today. As he is thinking about this and walking with his younger self he looks over his shoulder and they have just passed the witch on the path they walk and since his younger self never bumped into her, the promise of a curse does not happen and Usagi returns to the present just in time to have that original group of young kids run into him and knock him into a ditch full of water instead of into the witch. Last two panels is him sitting in the ditch, waste deep in water with a smile on his face as the kids race away down the path and finally as he sits there the witch passes him by with a sly grin on her face.

I'm sure there are some possible plot holes since time travel is involved but it would be a great funny story that I'm sure Stan could improve on dramatically. I love Stan's facial expressions he gives to characters in funny or light hearted situations and it would be cool for Usagi to recognize himself but not have younger Usagi have any idea who he is and at times think he is just some boring old adult. It would even be cool to see some hidden Easter eggs of supporting characters as their younger selves running around in the backgrounds of some panels during the story.
How about it Stan?
Trevis Woods

Postby Mayhem » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:38 +0000

I was hoping for a few more entries... then again, it's summer so... people on holiday maybe. Or finding it hard to come up with ideas!

Anyhow, having assessed the entries, I've have chosen... Steve's suggestion of Jei vs Sasuke as the winner. Congrats :D
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby Lobster Johnson » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:03 +0000

Mayhem wrote:I was hoping for a few more entries... then again, it's summer so... people on holiday maybe. Or finding it hard to come up with ideas!

Anyhow, having assessed the entries, I've have chosen... Steve's suggestion of Jei vs Sasuke as the winner. Congrats :D

I would have suggested another idea, but I couldn't think of anything better than Jei vs Sasuke. Congrats to Steve!
Lobster Johnson

Postby Steve Hubbell » Mon Jul 27, 2015 17:05 +0000

Even though I believe a meet up between Jei-san and Sasuke is something a lot of fans have been waiting to see for a long time now, I have to admit that I love the answer that Trevis gave so much more than my own. And I would love to see it made into an actual story.....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Trevis Woods » Mon Jul 27, 2015 19:12 +0000

Congrats to Steve and Thanks for the kind words Steve...just to be clear, I agree that Sasuke vs Jei would in fact be an amazing story.
Trevis Woods

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia