EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

August Trivia Prize Pack

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

August Trivia Prize Pack

Postby jabba359 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 17:56 +0000

Stan was generous enough to donate some items for trivia prizes, so now we'll have a little added incentive to participate in the quizzes. Last month's rules seemed to work well, so I'll stick with them again.

So, how does one win a prize pack? Here's how:

*Participate in the weekly trivia as you normally do.
*The winner or winners (such as the Mar 23-30 trivia, which has two winners) of the weekly trivia will be entered into the monthly prize drawing.
*The winners of the trivia that ends during the prize month are eligible (for example, if a weekly trivia ends on April 30th, you qualify for April's prize pack, if it ends May 1st, you'd be in May's drawing).
*As people win the weekly trivia contests, I'll update the list of all the winners (in the order they won) and then use a random number generator (https://www.random.org/) to select the Prize Pack winner.
*I will announce in this thread who the prize pack winner is and contact them via PM for shipping info. International participants are welcome to play along.
*These rules are subject to change on subsequent months if there are bugs to work out. :D

So, for the month of August, here's what's up for grabs (remember, if it's signed in the picture, then the item you receive will be signed as well). Items are not to scale :D :

Special thanks to Gaffey for donating both the Groundthumper Mini as well as the Phantoons Usagi card.

About the artist - This month's original sketch card is a watercolor piece by Rob Duenas, also known as Sketchcraft. Rob is an illustrator and graphic designer who has designed many of the comic book character t-shirts you've probably seen in stores. He also keeps a very active YouTube channel showing his art and design processes. You can check out more of his art here: http://sketchcraft.tumblr.com/

August weekly winners:
1. Trevis Woods
2. Mayhem
3. Gaffey
4. Mayhem
5. Trevis Woods
Last edited by jabba359 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 17:03 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: August Trivia Prize Pack

Postby jabba359 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 23:40 +0000

I suppose I better do the drawing. And the August winner is...

08 August prize random.jpg
08 August prize random.jpg (31.58 KiB) Viewed 811 times

Mayhem! Congrats!
Last edited by jabba359 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 17:04 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Mayhem » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 +0000

Woot! :D

I was hoping to win mostly to get a copy of that Nilson Groundthumper mini, so I don't have to go hunting on eBay now for it :)
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby Usagi-chan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:27 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Woot! :D

I was hoping to win mostly to get a copy of that Nilson Groundthumper mini, so I don't have to go hunting on eBay now for it :)

Congratulations!

If you only wanted the Nilson Groundthumper mini, I'd happily take the other things....just to get them off your hands.Don't want them cluttering up the house or anything like that. :lol:
Usagi-chan
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Gaffey » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:09 +0000

Congrats.

FYI - You can get a Groundthumper MINI for free when you purchase any Usagi Yojimbo tpb from the Fantagraphics online store.
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Mayhem » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:59 +0000

Oh, really? Huh. Still, would be slight overkill given I have all the trades in hardcover heh. Useful to know for other people here though!

Usagi-chan wrote:If you only wanted the Nilson Groundthumper mini, I'd happily take the other things....just to get them off your hands.Don't want them cluttering up the house or anything like that. :lol:

Somehow, I think I will be keeping the sketch card as well ;)

As for the rest, I may re-use them as partial prize material for the next time I set a question, if I get around to pulling my finger out and preparing it. It would be reasonably hard, hence the "incentives" if anyone got all the answers correct...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby jabba359 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 15:50 +0000

Well, you got one copy and Steve got the other last month (it wasn't listed as a prize for July, but Steve already had almost everything else already so I traded it out for him). That's all the copies I had.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Gaffey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 16:04 +0000

jabba359 wrote:

Well, you got one copy and Steve got the other last month (it wasn't listed as a prize for July, but Steve already had almost everything else already so I traded it out for him). That's all the copies I had.

Noooooooooo!! :lol:

I was going to offer him mine plus some other things for his sketch card.
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Maka » Thu Sep 03, 2015 16:24 +0000

Congratulations Mayhem!
Maka

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia