EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Weekly Trivia Challenge Oct 19-25

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Weekly Trivia Challenge Oct 19-25

Postby Gaffey » Sun Oct 25, 2015 20:05 +0000

I couldn't find any Space Usagi Jizos. One was a stone lantern and the other was a fancy stack of stones. :lol:
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Maka » Sun Oct 25, 2015 21:44 +0000

jabba359 wrote:
Eltanin wrote:
Steve Hubbell wrote:Have you had any responses from anybody coming in from the UY Dojo Facebook page to participate?

Unfortunately, no.

I've been considering a FB only giveaway (separate from our trivia contest here). It would likely be more of a mini prize pack and wouldn't be a monthly thing; probably more of a one-off giveaway.

I vote for this idea and like it a lot. There are a lot of fans on FB. It would be nice to give them a chance to win some cool Stan Sakai and Usagi Yojimbo collectibles. Go for it, I say!

Thanks for all your generosity! Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby maichan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 22:30 +0000

No guessing for me this time around! Too many pages to look through and too little spare time on my part. :oops:

I agree with Maka and Kyle, a FB only giveaway sounds good. While I favor the stability of forums, FB is trending and while I'd rather see those fans on the forum, maybe if they have their own giveaways, they may wander over here too... :wink:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Eltanin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:10 +0000

After a few last minutes guesses, here are the final results:

1-Gaffey: 28
2-Trevis Woods: 27
3-Steve Hubbell:15

In total, 30 Jizo have been found (which can be obtained by combining Gaffey and Trevis lists), which, added to the example of 200 Jizo, brings to a total of 31 Usagi stories featuring a Jizo!
Not all of them are very clear, and I tried to use my best judgement to decide if something was a Jizo or not. So, I hope you won't hold it against me if I made a mistake.

Here is the list:

Two hundred Jizo (page 1 panel 2 and plenty others panels) - Example, didn't count for the contest.
Senso part 5 (page 16 - panel 2)
The Artist (page 3 - panel 5)
Cut the Plum (page 1 - panel 1)
Fever Dream (page 1 - panel 3)
The Ghost in the Well part 2 (page 23 - panel 2)
Taiko part 2 (page 24 - panel 2)
The Killer (page 8 - panel 5)
Village of Fear (page 3 - panel 1)
Jizo (page 1 - panel 3) (and almost every other panel)
Runaways part 2 (page 5 - panel 5)
Lightning Strikes Twice (page 1 - panel 4)
Green Persimmon (page 1 - panel 2)
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Tournament (page 7 - panel 2)
Three Seasons (page 2 - panel 2)
Kitsune's Tale (page 9 - panel 3)
Boss Hamanaka's Fortune part one (page 2 - panel 2)
Sparrows chapter 1 (page 14 - panel 2)
Sparrows chapter 2 (page 8 - panel 4)
Kitsune Gari (page 2 - panel 1)
The Beggar (page 14 - panel 4)
The Fortress (page 20 - panel 1)
The Outlaw (page 12 - panel 5)
A Town Called Hell part 1 (page 1 - panel 2)
Those Who Tread on the Scorpion's Tale part one (page 1 - panel 1)
The One Armed Swordsman (page 9 - panel 5)
The Distant Mountain (page 2 - panel 3) (and page 11- panel 3)
Ice runners (page 1 - panel 4) (and page 14 - panel 2)
Encounter at blood tree pass (page 13 - panel 4)
Vendetta (page 10 - panel 1)
Showdown part 1 (page 5 - panel 4)

Finally, there is one panel I didn't accept, but since both Gaffey and Trevis mentionned it, I put it here so you can decide for yourself if it's a Jizo or not (it doesn't change the outcome of the contest, anyway):
The Obakeneko of the Geishu clan page 1 panel 3 ---> I don't think it's a Jizo. I think it's more likely a simple marker stone. There is not enough element for me to identify it as a Jizo (no visible neck shape, for example).

Thank you to the participants, and particularly Gaffey and Trevis, who made competition to each other until the very last moment!
Eltanin
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Gaffey » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:34 +0000

Cool. I'll come up with a question later today. It'll be much easier than this one. :P

When I get some free time I'll have to see which Jizos I missed. Most of my searching was done during The Flash and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I did a second pass through some of the books during the football game yesterday. I came across so many hidden images! 8)

jabba359 wrote:I've been considering a FB only giveaway (separate from our trivia contest here). It would likely be more of a mini prize pack and wouldn't be a monthly thing; probably more of a one-off giveaway.

Maybe you could ask them who their favorite character is (other than Usagi) or their favorite story? They would be forced to put down an answer and do a little thinking. Then you could select a winner a random.
Gaffey

Postby maichan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:08 +0000

Congratulations to Gaffey, Trevis, and Steve!

And thank you Eltanin! :D ...this was kind of like a where's Waldo, but with Jizo! :lol: Where Jizo?
This will give me something to do once I have some spare time.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Trevis Woods » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:41 +0000

Congrats Gaffey!!! I was so sure I had it with 27. I missed the Killer storyline Jizo. I was also looking while I watched TV. I tried to include the priest named after Jizo in the darkness and the soul storyline and one of the evil statues in the same story because it had the cape/shroud tied around its neck like some regular Jizo but no luck.
Great question and a good competition!
Trevis Woods

Postby Lobster Johnson » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:00 +0000

Congratulations Gaffey, and thanks to Eltanin for a fascinating competition! I didn't have time to look (and I'm still missing a few books, so I probably wouldn't have found them all anyway :oops:) but I did enjoy seeing others go on a Jizo hunt! :D
Lobster Johnson

Postby Maka » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:50 +0000

That was a cool contest! Well done! Congrats Gaffey! Peace, maka
Maka

Postby Gaffey » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:23 +0000

Thanks.

I think I missed:

Ice Runners (page 1 - panel 4) (and page 14 - panel 2) - How did I miss this one? :shock:
Encounter at Blood Tree Pass (page 13 - panel 4) - The story title doesn't even sound familiar.

Trevis Woods wrote:I tried to include the priest named after Jizo in the darkness and the soul storyline and one of the evil statues in the same story because it had the cape/shroud tied around its neck like some regular Jizo but no luck.

Don't worry, I tried to claim this as a futuristic Jizo (Space Usagi) :lol:

FYI - The new Weekly Trivia Question is up. I thought I had already asked about the turtle, but my list says otherwise.
Gaffey

Postby Eltanin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:18 +0000

Gaffey wrote:Cool. I'll come up with a question later today. It'll be much easier than this one. :P

The question was only hard because there was competition. Since you only needed to find more Jizo than the other contestants, if everybody had been too lazy to flip through all the books, you could have won with just 1 or 2 Jizo. :)

I have to admit I had a good laugh with some of the suggestions you and Trevis tried to claim as Jizo. :lol:
Eltanin

Postby Mayhem » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:59 +0000

Congrats to those people who spent the time looking through the issues :)
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby jabba359 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 13:14 +0000

Gaffey wrote:
jabba359 wrote:I've been considering a FB only giveaway (separate from our trivia contest here). It would likely be more of a mini prize pack and wouldn't be a monthly thing; probably more of a one-off giveaway.

Maybe you could ask them who their favorite character is (other than Usagi) or their favorite story? They would be forced to put down an answer and do a little thinking. Then you could select a winner a random.

That was my thought for that giveaway, not a trivia, but a question that all they have to do is answer to get entered. Perhaps I'll even use the question you suggested. I want to check with Stan to make sure he's okay with me giving away a couple of the forum trivia items he donated since it'll be going to a non-forum, non-trivia thing. I don't think it would be a problem, but don't want to be presumptuous with the items Stan donated.
-Kyle
jabba359

Previous

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia