EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Weekly Trivia Challenge: 24 NOV- 30 NOV

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Weekly Trivia Challenge: 24 NOV- 30 NOV

Postby BuckRogers » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:46 +0000

I really loved Lobster Johnson's question a few weeks ago that drew in a lot of responses. It was not too hard but it required a bit of searching and it was a fun question.

But, that being said, I also have really liked the questions that call for more personal creativity from our forum as we have such great members here.

So, with that being said, what I am asking for is that the contestants send me their ideas for a follow on story line that they wished had been written. For example: I wish that Usagi could meet up with Sasuké again and that they could go on a "mission" together to combat and eradicate an area of one or more demons. I miss Sasuké stories.

More "points" if you can make the story line continue straight out of another story's ending.

I am only looking for a general plot line but have all the fun you want filling it out. One sentence, like mine above, is enough but if you want to flush it out more, please feel free to do so.

As for judging the "winner", that will not be easy but we'll figure something out next Monday!

PM me your ideas if you would so that it will not influence others ideas.

Thanks!
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Weekly Trivia Challenge: 24 NOV- 30 NOV

Postby maichan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:53 +0000

I approve! :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby BuckRogers » Sun Nov 29, 2015 13:19 +0000

Just back from my trip.

Only one, yes one, submission so far!

Maybe you are trying to make it easy on me for selecting a winner but I would prefer at least a few answers!

Doesn't need to be more than a one liner!

I'll announce a winner tomorrow morning!

Tickle those "little grey cells" and see if you can come up with something!

Buck
BuckRogers

Postby Lobster Johnson » Sun Nov 29, 2015 15:26 +0000

BuckRogers wrote:Just back from my trip.

Only one, yes one, submission so far!

Maybe you are trying to make it easy on me for selecting a winner but I would prefer at least a few answers!

Doesn't need to be more than a one liner!

I'll announce a winner tomorrow morning!

Tickle those "little grey cells" and see if you can come up with something!

Buck

I need to get thinking! I've been really busy with the holiday and I forgot to compose an entry! :oops:
I do have a few ideas, though...
I’d like to see Usagi team up with a laconic, goggle-wearing ronin known only as... Lobster Johnson! Just kidding. :wink:
Lobster Johnson

Postby Mayhem » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:57 +0000

Sorry, been occupied, some crappy things going on over the weekend to myself and people I know :?

I'll sling an entry along in a mo...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby BuckRogers » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:31 +0000

"maka:
1) A day in the life of the retired Zato-Ino. Maybe it could be told in "sound form" with a distinct style of drawing. That might get old fast, so other perspectives could be drawn of people or animals that come into contact with Zato during the day. Maybe there could be a Zato dream sequence where he "sees" the world. Maybe Spot could even come back in that dream? Maybe parts of it could be done in pantomime comic strips. That might sound boring because there is no battle or fights. But I would love to see Zato-Ino again. Maybe teaching his daughter a life lesson.

2) My daughter would like to find out what happened to Sakura's brother.

3) The marriage of Tomoe.

Peace, maka"

"Eltanin:
In one of the stories, we saw that Stray Dog gives the money he earns from rewards to an orphanage.
I would like to know more about this in a new story: what is Stray Dog connexion to the orphanage? How would Gen and Usagi react when discovering the truth about Stray Dog kindness?"

"Steve Hubbell:
I can't really think of any particular "plot" that I would like to see continued, but I would really enjoy seeing Stan bring his vision of some more iconic characters from Japan's fantastic chambara / jidai geki film series such as Tange Sazen (the one armed, one eyed swordsman), Nemuri Kyoshiro (the nihilistic half caucasian swordsman), or Yagyu Jubei......"

"Mayhem:
Personally I'd like Stan to go way, way back and write a story or two about Usagi and Kenichi growing up, and their friendship with Mariko. We never really learn an awful lot about it, and it was expanded slightly for the stage play. Would be nice to have a story or two there, in the same way as young Usagi learning with Katsuichi has been shown a few times"

Great ideas! So here you go Stan, if you ever hit Writers Block here is a list of ideas! :D

As for a winner, the only problem with these subjective questions like mine is that the weekly trivia question poser has to choose only one answer!

But, that being said, maka has made it easy for me as he included his daughter's choice and I have a weak spot for kids (having five of my own that adore Usagi!) and I also really wonder about Sakura and her past and her brother so I am going with maka's daughter's story line for the win!

Thanks all for playing along!

maka (or your daughter) is now tasked with coming up with a question for this week!

Happy sword swinging to all of you this next week!
BuckRogers

Postby Trevis Woods » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:48 +0000

Congrats Maka and family;) a ton of good ideas this week. Gone for a bunch of family things and haven't been on here for a few days. Now with all these ideas Stan can start a second monthly title just dealing with expanding old plot lines.
Trevis Woods

Postby Eltanin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:10 +0000

Congrats Maka and co!
Eltanin

Postby maichan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:21 +0000

Congratulations Maka's daughter! :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection