EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Weekly Trivia Contest Dec 29 - Jan 4

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Weekly Trivia Contest Dec 29 - Jan 4

Postby Lobster Johnson » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:29 +0000

Throughout the years, Usagi Yojimbo has crossed over with a few other fictional characters, such as the Ninja Turtles. My question for this week is "What other characters/universes would you like to see Usagi cross over with, and why?". You could use Space Usagi too, if you wanted a crossover with a group of space-faring heroes, or Nilson Groundthumper and Hermy if you wanted.
I hope you have fun with the question!
Edit: Go ahead and post your answers here so everyone can see them. Forgot to specify in my original post.
Lobster Johnson
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Weekly Trivia Contest Dec 29 - Jan 4

Postby go » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:43 +0000

Dear Readers,
I would like the characters in Mouse Guard to interact with Usagi Yojimbo.
The mix of cultures would be fun.
Best wishes to all.
go

Last edited by go on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:44 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby BuckRogers » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:51 +0000

Samurai Jack!!!

My family just LOVES Samurai Jack!

Usagi and Jack could team up and go after Aku and Jei. There could be a time warp and Usagi could be tranpsorted into the time where Samurai Jack is and they could work together. Would make for some great story lines and scenes in my opinion!!!

Fun question!!!
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby Eltanin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:55 +0000

I'd like to see Hellboy interacting wih Usagi. I think it would be fun to see the two characters teaming up to fight dark forces.
Hellboy drawn by Sensei and Usagi drawn by Mignola are both awesome (As you can see in the few pinups already published here and there), so I would be happy with any of the two drawing the crossover, and extra happy if they share the work.
Eltanin

Postby Trevis Woods » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:00 +0000

Space Usagi and Rocket Raccoon!

I could see Gen and Rocket getting along very well and both driving Usagi crazy.
Of course, the space pirate rabbit Blackjack O'hare and his black bunny brigade would have to be the big bad in this story. Usagi needs an epic battle with another rabbit... Usagi's samurai swords vs. Blackjack's pirate scimitar/cutlass would make for some good stuff.
The aliens from Senso would also need to make an appearance because let's be honest, any chance we get to see Stan draw more panels or covers of Usagi battling octopus tentacles is awesome.

Variant covers by Skottie Young are a must!
Trevis Woods

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Dec 30, 2015 13:24 +0000

OK, this is based upon the dream commission I would love to get someday....

Usagi meeting up with Sergio Aragones' Catnippon

and Fran Carmona Martinez's la Oveja Samurai.....

(la Oveja is the one in the second panel)
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby maichan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 13:48 +0000

Hmmm.....

Some great ideas so far. I was thinking Mouse Guard also, but couldn't decide if the Mouse Guard characters should be Usagi-sized or remain more mouse-sized. :roll:

But, since I'm not really a big fan of crossover stories, especially from different 'universes', I decided to go with... an Usagi Yojimbo and Space Usagi crossover. I don't have any detail worked out, but the story would have to involve some sort of time travel or time rift. The story could unfold in many ways, but I was thinking in terms of one of two main ways:

1) Space Usagi could be in the midst of some adventure against a new foe. The enemy escapes a confrontation by going back in time, and it just happens to be feudal Japan during the time of Miyamoto Usagi. The remainder of the story unfolds from there with the two Usagi's meeting each other and joining forces. They eventualy defeat the enemy (or do they?) and Space Usagi returns to his own time. There is a short version and long version to this adventure. In the long version (several volumes) the two Usagi's meet and find out who each other is. In the short version the two Usagi's have only a brief encounter during a battle, and Space Usagi doesn't realize who Usagi Yojimbo actually is until after returning to his own time.

2) Usagi Yojimbo and Sasuké are battling a powerful priest who opens a time portal that thrusts Usagi & Sasuké far into the future. By chance or by divine intervention, the pair encounter Space Usagi who helps them find a way back home so that they can save Japan from the evil priest's foul plans. While I like this idea, it is faulty... if the priest changes the Japan of the past, then the future should be different and Space Usagi wouldn't be as we know him now... some clever story writing will be required from Sensei Sakai.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby maichan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 13:49 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:OK, this is based upon the dream commission I would love to get someday....

Usagi meeting up with Sergio Aragones' Catnippon

Steve wins, hands down! :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Lobster Johnson » Wed Dec 30, 2015 18:09 +0000

maichan wrote:Hmmm.....

Some great ideas so far. I was thinking Mouse Guard also, but couldn't decide if the Mouse Guard characters should be Usagi-sized or remain more mouse-sized. :roll:

But, since I'm not really a big fan of crossover stories, especially from different 'universes', I decided to go with... an Usagi Yojimbo and Space Usagi crossover. I don't have any detail worked out, but the story would have to involve some sort of time travel or time rift. The story could unfold in many ways, but I was thinking in terms of one of two main ways:

1) Space Usagi could be in the midst of some adventure against a new foe. The enemy escapes a confrontation by going back in time, and it just happens to be feudal Japan during the time of Miyamoto Usagi. The remainder of the story unfolds from there with the two Usagi's meeting each other and joining forces. They eventualy defeat the enemy (or do they?) and Space Usagi returns to his own time. There is a short version and long version to this adventure. In the long version (several volumes) the two Usagi's meet and find out who each other is. In the short version the two Usagi's have only a brief encounter during a battle, and Space Usagi doesn't realize who Usagi Yojimbo actually is until after returning to his own time.

2) Usagi Yojimbo and Sasuké are battling a powerful priest who opens a time portal that thrusts Usagi & Sasuké far into the future. By chance or by divine intervention, the pair encounter Space Usagi who helps them find a way back home so that they can save Japan from the evil priest's foul plans. While I like this idea, it is faulty... if the priest changes the Japan of the past, then the future should be different and Space Usagi wouldn't be as we know him now... some clever story writing will be required from Sensei Sakai.

There was that great short story in the Space Usagi trade where Usagi and Space Usagi meet. That ending is hilarious!
As for your second idea, I think that could make for some really entertaining scenes. Usagi could be amazed by the future technology, while Sasuke is completely unfazed by the whole adventure. :lol:
Lobster Johnson

Postby Maka » Wed Dec 30, 2015 21:27 +0000

Usagi and Totoro. Forest spirits fits in perfectly with Usagi world.

This one page cartoon is from Adam Pasion's Uzomuzohttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324352192/uzomuzo-alternative-comics-from-japan/description kickstarter . One of the supporter levels offered to create a comic to be created for the book. I asked for Usagi and Totoro. Adam asked me to ask Stan if it was okay to use Usagi so he didn't infringe on Stan's rights. Stan gave his approval. Adam gave me an extra copy to final book give to Stan with a nice sketch in it. There was another support level (or maybe it was the same one) that allowed you to place a classified ad in the book. I asked that Adam put an ad for Usagiyojimbo.com website. Hopefully some Japanese nationalist were exposed to Usagi. :)

The comic:

Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Dec 30, 2015 23:33 +0000

I keep looking for a "like" button while I'm reading peoples posts here on the forum lately.....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Dec 30, 2015 23:42 +0000

Always thought this was a neat idea, but never did learn if it was actually authorized

Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Mayhem » Fri Jan 01, 2016 18:44 +0000

Space Usagi AND Bucky O'Hare... the two have some vague connection in the past, if you're unaware of it, then Google for why the Space Usagi cartoon never got off the ground.

Would be interesting to see the two of them cross swords, erm ears, whatever :P
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby maichan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:03 +0000

Lobster Johnson wrote:There was that great short story in the Space Usagi trade where Usagi and Space Usagi meet. That ending is hilarious!

Oops. It's been a while since I've read Space Usagi. Thanks for reminding me. I shall have to give it a re-read. Maybe that's where I got the idea... :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Lobster Johnson » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:07 +0000

Last day for the contest today!
Lobster Johnson

Next

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia