EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Weekly Trivia Contest Dec 29 - Jan 4

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Weekly Trivia Contest Dec 29 - Jan 4

Postby Jubei » Mon Jan 04, 2016 16:41 +0000

Well, you didn't specify how many ideas we can postulate so here's a few that comes to mind....

My traditional wish is for a crossover/team-up with Hoppy the Marvel Bunny, of the Marvel Family. Especially if you use the light-hearted, fun tone of the Fawcett books of the '40s & '50s (which is well-suited to both titles and characters). The Rock of Eternity could be used as a gateway to Usagi's world.

Ooh, how about a crossover with the Thundercats? The various animal species abound (especially if you use the format and scenarios of the most recent cartoon, which was great). Maybe Jei will begin teaming up with Mumm-ra (both beings' powers associated with 'gods') but perhaps Usagi will have to eventually team up with Jei to stop Mumm-ra's latest plans because it conflicts with Jei's goals and vision. Just a rough sketch of an idea. (Plus, seeing Lion-o and Usagi fighting side-by-side would be cool).
Jubei
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Mon Jan 04, 2016 20:40 +0000

Last suggestion from me....

It would be cool to see Usagi go to China and meet up with Kung Fu Panda...
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Lobster Johnson » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:00 +0000

I had a really hard time judging this one (lots of great ideas). I think I'll have to go with Eltanin's idea about a Hellboy/Usagi crossover. I've wanted to see something like that for a long time, as those books are two of my favorite comics. Thank you to everybody that participated, and congratulations Eltanin!
I had a few ideas for Usagi crossovers:
A Lobster Johnson/Usagi crossover. This one doesn't really make a lot of sense, as the comics are very different, but they are my two favorite characters and it would be extremely cool. I've always wanted to see how Lobster would be drawn by Sensei, and also how Lobster Johnson artist Tonci Zonjic would draw Usagi. Perhaps this story could involve the 1930s pulp hero version of Usagi ("Shadow of the Rabbit") that has been mentioned in interviews.
Yagi and Gorogoro crossover with Lone Wolf and Cub! I know very little about Lone Wolf and Cub, but Yagi and Gorogoro are two of my favorite Usagi characters, and it would be neat to see them crossover with their inspirations.
A Space Usagi/Firefly crossover. This is another idea that simply mashes together two of my favorite series, but I think it could be a lot of fun. Just imagine the witty banter! Seeing Gen interact with Jayne would be interesting (actually, I think Gen is more honorable than Jayne...). Would Gen try to collect the bounty on Simon and River? Probably not, but it would be fun to see Usagi yell at him if he considered it. :wink: It would also be interesting if Kitsune was involved somehow, considering the Serenity crew is made up of thieves. Who would be faster on the draw - Mal with his gun, or Usagi with his sword?
Lobster Johnson

Postby jabba359 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:48 +0000

Congrats Eltanin!

I would also like to see an Usagi/Hellboy crossover. Hellboy is probably my second favorite comic universe after Usagi.

The Firefly crossover also sounds fun. I like the way you think, Lobster!
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby maichan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:02 +0000

Congratulations Eltanin!

I too wouldn't mind a Hellboy/Usagi crossover. Like Jabba, it is my second favorite comic, well, maybe third... it's a toss up between Groo and Hellboy. :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby BuckRogers » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 +0000

Lobster Johnson wrote:
A Space Usagi/Firefly crossover. This is another idea that simply mashes together two of my favorite series, but I think it could be a lot of fun. Just imagine the witty banter! Seeing Gen interact with Jayne would be interesting (actually, I think Gen is more honorable than Jayne...). Would Gen try to collect the bounty on Simon and River? Probably not, but it would be fun to see Usagi yell at him if he considered it. :wink: It would also be interesting if Kitsune was involved somehow, considering the Serenity crew is made up of thieves. Who would be faster on the draw - Mal with his gun, or Usagi with his sword?

E-GAD, what an idea! It never even crossed my mind to do a Firefly/Usagi crossover! That is just a fantastic idea that I would LOVE to see. Can you imagine Inara and Kitsune??? Tomae and Zoe'?? Mal and Usagi? And yes, Gen and Jayne. Wow! My mind is blown! Love it!
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby Maka » Tue Jan 05, 2016 17:25 +0000

Congrats Eltanin! I'll join the chorus and say that I would love a Usagi/Hellboy crossover. Suggested title: Rabbit in Hell! :lol: or Yokai, The Bunny, and other Strange Tales.

Come on, Stan and Mike! Do a "Legends of the Guard" kind of collection allowing others artist to create stories based on both your characters and possibly their interactions. I know Mike is taking time off to paint (at least I read that on the internet) and Stan has his hands full with his normal crazy Usagi productions, so this is perfect way to get more UY/HB stories, build audiences across both books, and give other writers and cartoonists a chance to show their chops. I know it is more complicated than this but I can dream, right? :lol:

Fun contest. Great answers from everyone!

Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Lobster Johnson » Tue Jan 05, 2016 17:45 +0000

Maka wrote:Come on, Stan and Mike! Do a "Legends of the Guard" kind of collection allowing others artist to create stories based on both your characters and possibly their interactions. I know Mike is taking time off to paint (at least I read that on the internet) and Stan has his hands full with his normal crazy Usagi productions, so this is perfect way to get more UY/HB stories, build audiences across both books, and give other writers and cartoonists a chance to show their chops. I know it is more complicated than this but I can dream, right? :lol:

That's a great idea! I would certainly read it.
There was something like that called Hellboy: Weird Tales a few years back. It only involved Hellboy, of course, and some of the stories weren't great, but it was interesting.
Mike Mignola will be painting for a while, once Hellboy in Hell concludes after two more issues.
Lobster Johnson

Postby Eltanin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 18:59 +0000

Wow, I didn't expect to win.
Great ideas from everybody.

As a fan of the Firefly TV series, I would be really curious as to how a crossover with Usagi would turn out. This seems a bit a crazy idea, but crazy is good. :D
Eltanin

Previous

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia