EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Weekly "Trivia" contest: January 11 - 17

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Weekly "Trivia" contest: January 11 - 17

Postby maichan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:07 +0000

Well, I really wasn't expecting to win...
I'm not prepared for a 'real' trivia question, so I present you dear reader with this instead...

What character from the Usagi universe would you like to see in their own stand-alone story (or lead role)?
It can be any character you like, even if they have been prominently featured before.

I'm not even prepared to to answer my own question, but I think I'd like to see Sasuke make a return. My fascination with Yokai and Yūrei has grown and I'd like to see more tales that feature Sasuke and some mystical creatures or creatures from the spirit world.

Please PM me your answers so as not to influence each other.
Please tell me the character (characters) and why you'd like to see them in their own story. If you have an idea for a story, please give a brief description of it.
There is no right or wrong answer, so be creative with your suggestions and explanations.

At the end of the week I'll go through them all, and share them with everyone.
In honor of Gaffey & Taylor, I will let my faithful companion Momo help make the choice.

This contest makes you eligible for the January Trivia Prize Pack.
Last edited by maichan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 18:56 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Re: Weekly "Trivia" contest: January 11 - 17

Postby Lobster Johnson » Mon Jan 11, 2016 13:18 +0000

Fun question! I've got a couple ideas...
Lobster Johnson
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby maichan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:58 +0000

I was getting worried that I hadn't received any responses, but this morning I received a reply.

We have one entry so far. Who will be next?

Last edited by maichan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 15:35 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Lobster Johnson » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:16 +0000

maichan wrote:I was getting worried that I hadn't received any responses, but this morning I received a reply.

We have one entry so far. Who will be next?

I forgot to write my entry! I'll work on one today!
Lobster Johnson

Postby maichan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:24 +0000

We have 2 entries now!

Will the Lobster be next?
Last edited by maichan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 15:35 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:46 +0000

We have another entry.

The tally is now at 3.

I await further submissions.

Enter now & grab your chance for an opportunity at January's Trivia Prize package!
Last edited by maichan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 15:36 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 13:06 +0000

Ohhh, it's getting busy here. We now have 4 entries.

Last edited by maichan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 15:37 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 13:40 +0000

5!

We have 5 entries!

Last edited by maichan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 15:38 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 15:18 +0000

We are now at 6 entries.

Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 14:30 +0000

Yesterday saw us reach entry number 7!

Only a few more days to submit your entries and a chance to have your entry selected as this week's winner by the famous Momo-chan, who can be seen here at her computer console ...
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 15:47 +0000

Kreeeeawwwwwwww!!

Calling all Kaiju! We have 8 entries now!
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Usagi-chan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 16:18 +0000

Your dog is adorable :D !
Usagi-chan

Postby jabba359 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:36 +0000

To keep myself impartial in selecting trivia prize winners, I don't participate in the weekly contests. But I wanted to share my idea, as this week's question got me all excited for a stand alone story (or mini-series), so I figured I'd wait until the end of the trivia week to post so I don't influence anybody else's answers.

Gen is my favorite supporting character. I love his gruff demeanor and, as a huge Toshiro Mifune fan, I appreciate the similarities between the two. For my idea, I'd love to see a Gen spin-off run where we get to follow along on an adventure of this bounty hunter. While I don't have a specific story in mind, I'd love to see Gen tracking down an influential villain from his past. In the process of this quest, Gen must face something that happened with this villain in his childhood, allowing us to see a flashback to how Gen grew up and became the person he is.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Lobster Johnson » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:12 +0000

jabba359 wrote:To keep myself impartial in selecting trivia prize winners, I don't participate in the weekly contests. But I wanted to share my idea, as this week's question got me all excited for a stand alone story (or mini-series), so I figured I'd wait until the end of the trivia week to post so I don't influence anybody else's answers.

Gen is my favorite supporting character. I love his gruff demeanor and, as a huge Toshiro Mifune fan, I appreciate the similarities between the two. For my idea, I'd love to see a Gen spin-off run where we get to follow along on an adventure of this bounty hunter. While I don't have a specific story in mind, I'd love to see Gen tracking down an influential villain from his past. In the process of this quest, Gen must face something that happened with this villain in his childhood, allowing us to see a flashback to how Gen grew up and became the person he is.

Good answer! While Gen is not my favorite supporting character (Sasuke holds that role), I do think he's a great character. Some of the funniest moments in UY involve Gen.
Lobster Johnson

Postby maichan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:28 +0000

Well, this week's contest has come to an end.
We had 9 entries including Jabba's.

Here are all the entries.

Trevis Woods wrote:The Assassin's Guild
Their story lines are always interesting to me and usually offer a great battle or fight scene at some point.
Their members are usually a better quality of villian in both skill and personality. They already have a long running grudge against Usagi because of all the times he has interfered.
It would be nice to see a behind the scenes type of story to see who is pulling all the strings, what their motives are in relation to the overall scope of Usagi's world. It would be interesting to see how they find members and why they choose certain teams or individuals for each target.
It would be cool to perhaps see the story told from the point of view of a new member who is hearing about that "long eared samurai" and all the trouble he brings to the Guild. Then toward the end he would be sent on an assignment, meet Usagi on the road and realize to late that he has fallen into the same problem all those before him did. This would be similar to having a story told from a new Storm trooper's point of view who rises through the ranks and eventually comes in contact with a Jedi. Essentially he is full of awe and wonder because Usagi's legend has preceded him throughout his time with the Guild. :shock: . Hope that makes sense.

BuckRogers wrote:Good Morning!

Just a quick answer but I would love to see a stand alone series of Sasuke', the demon hunter.

I love his professionalism and the way he is a bit stand-offish but also how he usually has the greatest opponents and seems to be only motivated by his sense of integrity and honour about the job that he does. He is also so mysterious and I wonder about his backstory.

I think he'd make a great stand alone series.

Thanks for the fun question!!!
Buck

Lobster Johnson wrote:Hi maichan,
The characters I’d most like to see return are Sasuke and Yagi (with Gorogoro). There have been numerous Sasuke stories, but he’s such a fun character for Usagi to interact with. Not to mention that whenever Sasuke shows up, there’s sure to be awesome monsters involved. Someday I’d love to see another watercolor story like Yokai, especially if it involves more monsters!
I also really like the characters of Yagi and Gorogoro. Maybe they could come across other members of Usagi’s world, like Gen or Kitsune. Maybe a story where Gen is hunting Yagi for the bounty on him, but in the end he can't do it because he feels bad for Gorogoro. A Gen vs Yagi fight would be really interesting...

Steve Hubbell wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would love to see Inspector Ishida fronting his own mystery series, even if it was only one issue a year squeezed into Stan's work schedule, or possibly a mini-series drawn by a guest artist if needed....

Image Image Image

Maka wrote:Dear maichan,

I would like Zato Ino. Tales of the blind pig. The "real" TV series and movies show there is a lot of stories that could be told. I think it would be best to have the stories happen before the dragon bellow storyline so we can respect Stan's wishes to let him have a peaceful life.

The other character I think would make a great series would be inspector Ito. Mysteries are fun and allow for a lot of creativity.

Fun question! Happy new year! Much love to your wife, you and your family.

Peace, maka

Mayhem wrote:There's only really one choice here for a spin-off series: Gen.

He's mad, he's bad, he'll do anything for the money (well, almost anything, he's softened since we've gotten to know him), and who knows what crazy adventures he's getting up to when we don't see him as part of Usagi's travels. And let's face it, everyone loves an anti-hero...

Chopalong Slashity wrote:I've got a couple ideas:

A) There's more Neko Ninja loyal to Chizu than just Kimi, so why haven't we seen any of them? There's a story there.

B) Whatever happened to Sakura? Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't read the entire series back to back yet) but it seems like she was introduced and never showed up again. Gen apparently has met her before and she seems like a VERY mysterious individual...

C) Remember the chatty old lady and the nukenubi from "Nukekubi"? Now imagine them as a CRIME-FIGHTING DUO.

Eltanin wrote:Hi!

Almost forgot to take part in the trivia this week.

Even if he has already been featured a lot in the past, I'd like more stories with inspector Ishida as a main character. His investigations are always interesting to follow.

jabba359 wrote:To keep myself impartial in selecting trivia prize winners, I don't participate in the weekly contests. But I wanted to share my idea, as this week's question got me all excited for a stand alone story (or mini-series), so I figured I'd wait until the end of the trivia week to post so I don't influence anybody else's answers.

I wrote all the names on slips of paper and Momo randomly selected one of them...

Congratulations Mayhem! You are this weeks winner!
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Next

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia