EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi contest of the week 24-28th Feb

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Usagi contest of the week 24-28th Feb

Postby Mayhem » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:51 +0000

Okay, short stack ponderings for people here this time, give a little lateness and everything that goes with it heh.

For Dark Horse issue #100, we had a comedy roast of Stan that featured a lot of bizarre goings on, and quite a few of us fans featured heh. When Dark Horse issue #200 eventually rolls around, how would YOU like to see Stan/Usagi honoured content wise for the issue? Post your ideas! The best/funniest/most impressive idea to me will win the contest.

I will try to close this down at the end of play Tuesday UK time (so perhaps 7pm EST), and thus give the winner enough time to post something for the 1st March heh.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: Usagi contest of the week 24-28th Feb

Postby Mayhem » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:36 +0000

Well, I was hoping for some ideas by now! We've got 12 hours or so to get them in ;)
Mayhem

Postby go » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:59 +0000

On a dark and stormy night...
Sensei Sakai experiences visits by the spirits of the characters he has created (thanks to Charles Dickens for the idea).
First the more primitive early characters visit to share scenes from the past.
Next the more refined current characters visit to discuss their current projects.
Finally, characters from Space Usagi visit to share the possibilities of our wonderful future.
In conclusion, Sensei Sakai is lauded by all of the characters for his wonderful work (which also would make a great poster).
Encouraged by his creations, Sensei Sakai creates even more beauty in the 21st century.
Thank you all for the fun.
Best wishes,
go
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby Slashuur » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:07 +0000

I was thinking something like a 'generic' TV show special.
For the sake of argument Usagi Yojimbo will be a TV show and all the characters will be actors.

Maybe Lord Hebi in a white tuxedo as the host of the show... "Welcome to the Super #200 Issue Special of Usagi Yojimbo Spectacular!" Some words and then he would present the first special section Interviews with the Stars! They will take place at their homes, something casual. First off, Usagi's best friend Gen! Perhaps in the middle of cooking some burguers in the grill, with some family and friends in the back of the scene. He would explain how comitted he is to the role that even he was the one that requested for his horn to be cutted. That's some professionalism right there! "It's really a pleasure to work with him" will add Kitsune, "I've learned a lot with him, he is so professional and talented".
Then Jei will be interviewed, everybody in the set love him, "out of the scenes he is a really nice guy" Tomoe will say, "He even brings donuts to the 'studio' sometimes" will add some Neko Ninjas, and Usagi will say "he is always there as a friend when you are in need". He will explain what kind of vocal tuner he uses to get that macabre voice, which brand of contact lenses he uses... Something like that :D

The next section... Where are they now?
This is gonna be good! Here are the interviews with members of the cast that haven't appeared for many reasons. Zato Ino, Shingen, Inazuma, Koji, Yagi, etc. What did it mean to be part of Usagi Yojimbo? Did they really expect it to get to this magnitude? And what are they doing now, maybe working as extras in commercials, they left acting and became 'producers' of some episode of the series? And of course, some gossip :D Do they have kids now? Are they married? Maybe some love stories that started in the studio? Were they fired because some misbehaving of their part? :lol:

The last section of the show... Blooper reel!
Lines forgotten, some comments between 'takes' of a scene, trips and falls, the mic appearing in a frame, jokes between members of the cast(like Usagi replacing Gen's katana for a 5-inch one; Gen will react "Ha... ha... Very funny guys ¬¬"), broken swords, even some 'Stan mistakes' I imagine something like Usagi fighting with some Neko Ninjas then "RYAAAA-huh? What? Where is my... Stan!! You forgot to put my wakizashi in the scabbard! Again!"(Just for the sake of funny moments, we all know that won't happen :mrgreen: )

Then everyone will say some words, thanking all the readers for their support, special thanks, mentions, etc.

I hope I give the right idea with my words :) In my mind it played greatly :lol:
(Sorry for the not-so-good english hehe)
Now I'm really curious to see what will really happen in issue #200!
⬛ Aldo
Slashuur
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby go » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:14 +0000

Hi Slashuur,
I think your idea is a great idea.
Your English is also superb.
Thank you for the fun!
Best wishes to all.
go
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby Gaffey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:13 +0000

Slashuur wrote:The last section of the show... Blooper reel!
Lines forgotten, some comments between 'takes' of a scene, trips and falls, the mic appearing in a frame, jokes between members of the cast(like Usagi replacing Gen's katana for a 5-inch one; Gen will react "Ha... ha... Very funny guys ¬¬"), broken swords, even some 'Stan mistakes' I imagine something like Usagi fighting with some Neko Ninjas then "RYAAAA-huh? What? Where is my... Stan!! You forgot to put my wakizashi in the scabbard! Again!"(Just for the sake of funny moments, we all know that won't happen :mrgreen: )
Blooper reel! :lol:
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Randy Clute » Tue Feb 28, 2017 17:03 +0000

I remember seeing in a reprint of the John Romita, Sr./Stan Lee Spider-Man run where there asked the question "What if Spider-Man was the star of another comic strip?" then went on to lampoon such classic strips and the artists who drew them, e.g. Dick Tracy by Gould.
I thought it would be interesting, and comedic, to see Stan Sakai put Usagi into various other comic books, ranging from old to modern, maybe work him into some foreign strips, like Asterix or Blueberry. He could hunt monsters in Tales from the Crypt in the style of Jack Davis, float through Slumberland in the pen of Winsor McCay, stop the Dragon Lady as Milton Caniff would draw, thwart the supernatural in the style of Mike Mignola (maybe even have him draw it), or contemplate life as the heir to Charles Schulz. I always like the alternate universe stories, like Space Usagi or Sensho, so I think it would be extremely entertaining to see Usagi thrust into iconic genres and styles.
Have a blessed day,
Randy Clute
Randy Clute

Postby Mayhem » Tue Feb 28, 2017 18:02 +0000

*peep* time up!

Three good ideas there submitted, but I think I'm going to have to go for Slashuur here, and his suggestion for "behind the scenes on Usagi!" skit. So congrats! 8)
Mayhem

Postby Warren » Tue Feb 28, 2017 19:40 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Well, I was hoping for some ideas by now! We've got 12 hours or so to get them in ;)

I drew a complete blank for the week! But I have to agree with Gaffey that Slashuur's blooper reel idea sounds great. :) Also Randy's idea - the #100 celebration was Dark Horse creators gathering into UY - I could see #200 as Stan and Usagi going off into other DH titles, and beyond.
Warren

Postby Slashuur » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:57 +0000

Wow! Thank you!
It's always great to take part in the Dojo :)
It's very fun to read all the cool ideas and to have the opportunity to share some too.

I really liked go's idea! With the past, present and future characters. And I did picture the poster! :D

With Randy's idea maybe I went a little too far :D I imagined Usagi as a Pokémon trainer or dressed as a moustached plumber trying to save the princess or with spiky purple hair shouting "It's time to duel!" as he summons the mighty Rabidragon to the field! Hehe :mrgreen:

Rabidragon.jpg
Rabidragon.jpg (71.51 KiB) Viewed 1645 times

Again thank you all :)
I'll think of something for the new contest and I'll post it in a few hours :wink:
⬛ Aldo
Slashuur

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia