EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

February Trivia Prize Pack

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

February Trivia Prize Pack

Postby jabba359 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 16:22 +0000

Okay, after giving it some thought and running some ideas by a dojo friend, I'm going to be changing up the frequency of the prize packs. The Usagi community has grown a ton on Facebook and I wanted to make sure that all the people over there can also participate in some of the giveaways. At the same time, I also want to make sure that our tight-knit group of friends here can continue to benefit from the greater chances of winning. So my current plan is to still do monthly giveaways, but it will be one month on Facebook, then two months here, then another month on Facebook, two months here, etc. Since January was a Facebook giveaway, February and March will take place here. I'll see how that goes for now. As part of that, I'm changing the rules slightly so that a person can not win back to back months (but everyone is encouraged to play the weekly trivia anyway).

As always, thanks to Stan for all the items he has donated for these giveaways and for signing the piles of stuff I bring him at conventions. The giveaways wouldn't be possible without his generosity. Special thanks to Gaffey, Steve H, and Grusagi for the items they've donated, and especially Maka for donating the Usagi on Horse action figure in this month's prize. More thanks goes out to all the artists who have been kind enough to provide original sketches for the sketch cards. Finally, thanks to all of you for participating and making this a great forum.

So, how does one win a prize pack? Here's how:

*Participate in the weekly trivia as you normally do.
*The winner or winners (if more than one) of the weekly trivia will be entered into the monthly prize drawing. If you win a weekly trivia question and don't want to be entered into the prize giveaway, just PM me and I'll exclude you from the randomizer at the end of the month.
*The winners of the trivia that ends during the prize month are eligible (for example, if a weekly trivia ends on April 30th, you qualify for April's prize pack, if it ends May 1st, you'd be in May's drawing).
*As people win the weekly trivia contests, I'll update the list of all the winners (in the order they won) and then use a random number generator (https://www.random.org/) to select the Prize Pack winner.
*I will announce in this thread who the prize pack winner is and contact them via PM for shipping info. International participants are welcome to play along.
*Participants can not win two months in a row, but they can still play the weekly trivia any weekly wins on the month after a win will not count as an entry into the monthly prize pack. Back to back wins are rare, but I want to make sure that with the small number of players we have, the prizes get spread out a bit. Thanks for understanding.
*These rules are subject to change on subsequent months if there are bugs to work out.

Here's what's up for grabs (remember, if it's signed in the picture, then the item you receive will be signed as well). Items are not to scale :D :

About the artist - This month's original sketch card is by David Petersen. I'm sure you're all aware of who David is, but in case you aren't familiar with his work, he is the creator of the award winning comic Mouse Guard. Earlier this year, David's illustrations were featured in a new release of Wind in the Willows and he provided the retailer incentive cover art for Usagi/TMNT. He currently has a Mouse Guard movie in active development. In his spare time (of which there isn't much), David makes wizard wands, builds small scale buildings and houses for his Mouse Guard series, creates his own role-playing games, and occasionally gets some sleep. You can see a lot more of his work and process here: http://davidpetersen.blogspot.com/ (If this card looks familiar, it was won by Steve last November, but he had won the previous David Petersen sketchcard a couple years earlier, so I swapped it out for a different one and returned this one to the prize pool).

February entries:
1. Mayhem
2. Steve Hubbell
3. Casey Burns
Last edited by jabba359 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 18:31 +0000, edited 3 times in total.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: February Trivia Prize Pack

Postby jabba359 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 16:25 +0000

The first week's trivia question will be up shortly, complements of Maka (the winner of our last Dojo trivia giveaway in December).
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Maka » Tue Jan 30, 2018 18:23 +0000

jabba359 wrote:The first week's trivia question will be up shortly, complements of Maka (the winner of our last Dojo trivia giveaway in December).

It’s up in the “Usagi Trivia - February 1st-7th” thread. Good luck! Peace, Maka
Maka

Postby Mayhem » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:18 +0000

Well that explains why I didn't see anything here last month then! Although I don't recall seeing it on FB either...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby jabba359 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 23:49 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Well that explains why I didn't see anything here last month then! Although I don't recall seeing it on FB either...

It ran for the first two weeks of January and was pinned to the top of the Dojo page. I asked people to "like" the Anthony Wheeler page (since he donated such a fantastic sketch card) and asked people to list their favorite Usagi story or arc.

https://www.facebook.com/UsagiYojimboDojo/photos/a.140219746007630.20232.122550191107919/1899674926728761/?type=3
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:19 +0000

Just a quick FYI before I leave the airport, I'm out of the country for the week so I'll do the prize drawing when I get back. I'll also be late posting up the March prize pack, but rest assured, there will be one.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Maka » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 +0000

Safe travels and good filming. Peace, maka
Maka

Postby jabba359 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 18:36 +0000

Okay, this one is a smaller pool of people, with only three potential winners. I input the numbers into random.org and got...

33 February prize random.jpg
33 February prize random.jpg (30.21 KiB) Viewed 484 times

Mayhem! Congrats! This prize will make it's way across the ocean and the Usagi on Horse, being a Walmart exclusive, will probably be one of the only ones (and perhaps *the* only one) in the UK.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Mayhem » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:51 +0000

Woot...! :)

Now that's a bonus heh...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia