EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

March Trivia Prize Pack

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

March Trivia Prize Pack

Postby jabba359 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 19:12 +0000

Okay, after giving it some thought and running some ideas by a dojo friend, I'm going to be changing up the frequency of the prize packs. The Usagi community has grown a ton on Facebook and I wanted to make sure that all the people over there can also participate in some of the giveaways. At the same time, I also want to make sure that our tight-knit group of friends here can continue to benefit from the greater chances of winning. So my current plan is to still do monthly giveaways, but it will be one month on Facebook, then two months here, then another month on Facebook, two months here, etc. Since January was a Facebook giveaway, February and March will take place here. I'll see how that goes for now. As part of that, I'm changing the rules slightly so that a person can not win back to back months (but everyone is encouraged to play the weekly trivia anyway).

As always, thanks to Stan for all the items he has donated for these giveaways and for signing the piles of stuff I bring him at conventions. The giveaways wouldn't be possible without his generosity. More thanks goes out to all the artists who have been kind enough to provide original sketches for the sketch cards. Finally, thanks to all of you for participating and making this a great forum.

So, how does one win a prize pack? Here's how:

*Participate in the weekly trivia as you normally do.
*The winner or winners (if more than one) of the weekly trivia will be entered into the monthly prize drawing. If you win a weekly trivia question and don't want to be entered into the prize giveaway, just PM me and I'll exclude you from the randomizer at the end of the month.
*The winners of the trivia that ends during the prize month are eligible (for example, if a weekly trivia ends on April 30th, you qualify for April's prize pack, if it ends May 1st, you'd be in May's drawing).
*As people win the weekly trivia contests, I'll update the list of all the winners (in the order they won) and then use a random number generator (https://www.random.org/) to select the Prize Pack winner.
*I will announce in this thread who the prize pack winner is and contact them via PM for shipping info. International participants are welcome to play along.
*Participants can not win two months in a row, but they can still play the weekly trivia any weekly wins on the month after a win will not count as an entry into the monthly prize pack. Back to back wins are rare, but I want to make sure that with the small number of players we have, the prizes get spread out a bit. Thanks for understanding.
*These rules are subject to change on subsequent months if there are bugs to work out.

Here's what's up for grabs (remember, if it's signed in the picture, then the item you receive will be signed as well). Items are not to scale :D :

About the artist - This month's original sketch card is by Anthony Wheeler. I found Anthony on Instagram and got to know him by chatting with him on some of his live streams. He very generously offered to do a couple cards (one of which was given away on the January Facebook giveaway) and really went above and beyond on these. He just started the convention circuit at Planet Comic last month and will be appearing at a couple others this year (C2E2 and at least one other I can't recall). You can check out his Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/anthonywheelerart/ his Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/anthonywheelerart or his website here: https://www.anthonywheelerart.com/.

March entries:
1. Gaffey
2. Trevis Woods
3. Steve Hubbell
4. Trevis Woods
Last edited by jabba359 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 16:16 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: March Trivia Prize Pack

Postby jabba359 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 17:22 +0000

Since we had a delay in starting the trivia this month, we only got three of the four weekly winners that we should have had. Since next month the prize pack is going to be on Facebook anyway, should I extend this one out an additional week to give one more person a chance to win?
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Steve Hubbell » Mon Mar 26, 2018 19:27 +0000

How about we just make it a short 5 day contest?
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby jabba359 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 21:12 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:How about we just make it a short 5 day contest?

That would work as well.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby richarddragon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:09 +0000

Back in the saddle after my move back to Brazil! (Don't worry, I still have a couple of US addresses up my sleeve in order to receive the prizes).
Now would I cheat a friend?
richarddragon
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby jabba359 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:58 +0000

richarddragon wrote:Back in the saddle after my move back to Brazil! (Don't worry, I still have a couple of US addresses up my sleeve in order to receive the prizes).

Glad to have you back! I was actually wondering where you went, as a few other Dojo members and I were discussing the forum at WonderCon this past weekend.

I miss Brazil. I lived in the Rio Grande do Sul back in '99-'01. Drink a Guaraná Antártica or two for me. :wink: I also liked Fruki guaraná, but it looks like you're in Brasília, and I'm not sure if Fruki is available outside the R.S. I seem to recall not really liking the Kuat guaraná nearly as much.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby richarddragon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 13:24 +0000

Ooooh that's nice. Missed you guys too!

Still anxious waiting on my move with my Usagi books and memorabilia, but at least I think I found a good apartment to fit the stuff into. :D

Yes, I do remember you mentioning Rio Grande do Sul. You'll only find Fruki there, and you're right about Kuat - it tastes like sink water probably would. But there's Antarctica everywhere, you know, and I'll treat myself to some now that you mention it ;)

jabba359 wrote:Glad to have you back! I was actually wondering where you went, as a few other Dojo members and I were discussing the forum at WonderCon this past weekend.

I miss Brazil. I lived in the Rio Grande do Sul back in '99-'01. Drink a Guaraná Antártica or two for me. :wink: I also liked Fruki guaraná, but it looks like you're in Brasília, and I'm not sure if Fruki is available outside the R.S. I seem to recall not really liking the Kuat guaraná nearly as much.
Now would I cheat a friend?
richarddragon
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby jabba359 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 16:24 +0000

Okay, drawing time. We have four entries and random.org picks...

"Click". 4, Trevis Woods!

I didn't get a good screen capture like I normally do, so had to go back and try to recreate it. "Click". 2 (Trevis Woods). "Click". 2 (Trevis Woods). "Click". 4 (got it!). Trevis Woods again. I guess the randomizer really likes Trevis, as it picked his numbers all four times I tried it!

34 March prize random.jpg
34 March prize random.jpg (65.77 KiB) Viewed 967 times
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 16:27 +0000

Even though the prize pack is going to be on Facebook for April, I'm going to be making a change so that on the off months, we keep playing weekly trivia and the winners during those off months will be entered into the next monthly drawing (so April winners will get a place in the May giveaway).
-Kyle
jabba359

Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia