EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:47 +0000

Just a quick trivia contest to wrap up the month with.

Usagi Miyamoto mark's the beginning and "Space" Usagi is the ending. They are connected through time by possession of what item?

Who else has Stan Sakai mentioned by name as (rightful) owners of this item at different times?

PM your answers and the random number generator will pick the winner if more than one correct answer is received.....
User avatar
Steve Hubbell
Taisho
 
Posts: 5805
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 15:25 +0000
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:01 +0000

Well, everybody who sent in an answer got the first part correct.

As far as the second part of the question, only one person's answer included Terry Miyamoto.

Surprisingly, no one mentioned Kitty from the Usagi's Arc short story.

So, the winner is (again) Trevis Woods!

Sent: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:45 +0000
From: Trevis Woods
To: Steve Hubbell

Subject: Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

I hope I get this right as Daisho is one of my favorite stories...
1. They are connected through time by the possession of Usagi's swords(Daisho)
2. the 15yr old boy from that story, Space Usagi, Terri Miyamoto, Jotaro inherits them in Senso and of course Usagi is a rightful owner.

There may be one more person but I'm not sure if that person is considered a "rightful" owner.
If I'm missing any number of people let me know and I will add to my answer.


Sent: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:37 +0000
From: Maka
To: Steve Hubbell

Dear Steve,

The swords (Usagi's Soul) (Daisho - two matching swords) (Wakizahi - short sword - named Aoyagi - young willow; Katana - long sword - named Yagi No Eda - willow branch) both swords were crafted by the swordsmith Koetsu. Usagi won them in the tournament of fencing put on by the Dogora School of Bujutsu. Lord Mifune gave them to Usagi for winning the tournament.

Who else own them? Jotaro, his 1st born son, and his firstborn son, other women in the family generations. There are probably more that I am missing. But that's all I'm going to submit for now. :)

Great short trivia questions. Thanks!

Peace, maka


Sent: Wed Mar 28, 2018 14:03 +0000
From: richarddragon
To: Steve Hubbell

The swords, right? There was a 15yo nameless kid from the 14th century mentioned in "Daisho"'s prologue as the first owner. Lord Mifune had them and Usagi won them as his prize in his first tournament. Usagi had it, of course, and so did Jotaro and several men and women (as told at the end of Senso) until they reached Space Usagi.


Sent: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:30 +0000
From: longshot
To: Steve Hubbell

Hi Steve!
Usagi's katana is the link, belonging to Counselor Miyamoto and Jotaro.


Sent: Sat Mar 31, 2018 15:41 +0000
From: Gaffey

To: Steve Hubbell

Hey Steve,

Here's my guess.

Possession - katana.

Rightful owners - I know they were given to Jotaro during Senso and passed down through the generations until "Senso" Usagi inherited them.

I can only think of two other characters who have possessed the sword. One would be Lord Mifune (given to Usagi after he won a tournament) and General Fujii (taken from Usagi).
User avatar
Steve Hubbell
Taisho
 
Posts: 5805
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 15:25 +0000
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Postby Gaffey » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:20 +0000

Congrats Trevis!

Steve Hubbell wrote:As far as the second part of the question, only one person's answer included Terry Miyamoto.
I might have to turn in my DojoCard because I don't remember who Terry Miyamoto is? :?

EDIT: I found out who Terry is.
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2383
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Postby Trevis Woods » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:55 +0000

Thanks!
Kyle can you let me know if I need to come up with a question for this week?
I know the contest is on FB this month so just wanted to check and see what needs to happen.
User avatar
Trevis Woods
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:15 +0000

Re: Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Postby jabba359 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:30 +0000

Trevis Woods wrote:Thanks!
Kyle can you let me know if I need to come up with a question for this week?
I know the contest is on FB this month so just wanted to check and see what needs to happen.


Yeah, let's do a question. I'll add all the weekly winners in April into the May drawing.
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Postby richarddragon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:27 +0000

Gaffey wrote:Congrats Trevis!

Steve Hubbell wrote:As far as the second part of the question, only one person's answer included Terry Miyamoto.
I might have to turn in my DojoCard because I don't remember who Terry Miyamoto is? :?

EDIT: I found out who Terry is.


Then pray enlighten me, for I also do not remember ;)
Now would I cheat a friend?
User avatar
richarddragon
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:13 +0000
Location: Brasilia, DF, Brazil

Re: Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Postby Gaffey » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:21 +0000

I took this from an Amazing Heroes interview. I don't recall ever reading Ten Little Critters.

...a 20th century descendant of Usagi who's an investigative reporter. I've been serializing one of her stories, "Ten Little Critters", in Rowrbrazzle, which is a funny-animal APA. It's a whodunnit based on Agatha Christie's "Ten Little Indians". A bunch of reporters get summoned to an island and of course they are all dying off one by one. I intersperse clues throughout the entire story and by the end of the series if you're observant you should be able to logically deduce who the killer is. So I'm having fun with that.
And this is from a contest Steve won last year.

UY v1 #24 (Sep/1990) "A Little Mobster Story" (featuring Lionheart)
story and layouts: Tom Stazer, art: Stan Sakai - the only professionally published story in which Terry Miyamoto appears
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2383
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Postby richarddragon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:48 +0000

Gaffey wrote:I took this from an Amazing Heroes interview. I don't recall ever reading Ten Little Critters.

...a 20th century descendant of Usagi who's an investigative reporter. I've been serializing one of her stories, "Ten Little Critters", in Rowrbrazzle, which is a funny-animal APA. It's a whodunnit based on Agatha Christie's "Ten Little Indians". A bunch of reporters get summoned to an island and of course they are all dying off one by one. I intersperse clues throughout the entire story and by the end of the series if you're observant you should be able to logically deduce who the killer is. So I'm having fun with that.
And this is from a contest Steve won last year.

UY v1 #24 (Sep/1990) "A Little Mobster Story" (featuring Lionheart)
story and layouts: Tom Stazer, art: Stan Sakai - the only professionally published story in which Terry Miyamoto appears


Never seen it collected. Will check it out :D
Now would I cheat a friend?
User avatar
richarddragon
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:13 +0000
Location: Brasilia, DF, Brazil

Re: Usagi March Mini Trivia Contest (March 27 - 31)

Postby richarddragon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:01 +0000

Just found out it was a short cameo on UY #23, not 24. Ah well, will have to track down an old issue.
Now would I cheat a friend?
User avatar
richarddragon
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:13 +0000
Location: Brasilia, DF, Brazil


Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest