EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Here be the games of trivia where you can show off your knowledge and maybe even win some cool prizes

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Eltanin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 19:11 +0000

For this week trivia, send me a pm with a list of at least two occasions when some original art by Stan Sakai was publicly exhibited.

You can list more for bragging rights. :D
User avatar
Eltanin
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:15 +0000
Location: Wisconsin/France

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Eltanin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 19:53 +0000

Sorry, I've been busy today and didn't have much time to come here until now.

I received 2 answers :

1-Kaimuki
Kaimuki wrote:
Eltanin wrote:For this week trivia, send me a pm with a list of at least two occasions when some original art by Stan Sakai was publicly exhibited.


Hello Eltanin :D

Japanese American National Museum
July 9 - October 30 2011
&
Temecula Valley Museum
August 25 - October 2, 2018



2-Gaffey
Gaffey wrote:
Eltanin wrote:For this week trivia, send me a pm with a list of at least two occasions when some original art by Stan Sakai was publicly exhibited.
Japanese American National Museum
Year Of The Rabbit: Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo
July 9 through October 30, 2011

San Diego Comic Art Gallery
The Usagi Yojimbo exhibit
April 20th through late June of 2017


After using random.org (sorry, I didn't take a screenshot from my phone), the winner is Kaimuki!

Congratulations Kaimuki!
User avatar
Eltanin
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:15 +0000
Location: Wisconsin/France

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Eltanin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 19:55 +0000

Twice sorry, I just realized that the trivia ended Tuesday evening, while I was sure it was supposed to end last night. :oops:
User avatar
Eltanin
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:15 +0000
Location: Wisconsin/France

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Gaffey » Thu Sep 06, 2018 20:32 +0000

I could have sworn there was an exhibit somewhere in Europe in the early 2000's. I wanted to say Spain, but I couldn't find any info on it.
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby jabba359 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 22:05 +0000

I should probably get the August/September prize pack figured out and posted... :roll: I know it'll have at least one pretty rare item, with something very similar (though I believe less rare) having sold for $76 on eBay recently. :wink: Guess I'll put that on my to-do list for tomorrow.
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Steve Hubbell » Thu Sep 06, 2018 22:16 +0000

Gaffey wrote:I could have sworn there was an exhibit somewhere in Europe in the early 2000's. I wanted to say Spain, but I couldn't find any info on it.

2016 Salon del Comic de Granada, probably not the one you were thinking of......
User avatar
Steve Hubbell
Taisho
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 15:25 +0000
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Kaimuki » Fri Sep 07, 2018 0:45 +0000

Sorry I am pretty new to playing Usagi trivia..
I wanted to ask, is the winner supposed to be the one that posts the next trivia question?
User avatar
Kaimuki
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 17:36 +0000

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:52 +0000

Kaimuki wrote:Sorry I am pretty new to playing Usagi trivia..
I wanted to ask, is the winner supposed to be the one that posts the next trivia question?

Yes!

Since you got the right answer again, now you have to post two trivia questions..... :D

PS
Isn't this fun?

(If you answer correctly, you'll have to post a third trivia question.....)
User avatar
Steve Hubbell
Taisho
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 15:25 +0000
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Eltanin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:53 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:
Gaffey wrote:I could have sworn there was an exhibit somewhere in Europe in the early 2000's. I wanted to say Spain, but I couldn't find any info on it.

2016 Salon del Comic de Granada, probably not the one you were thinking of......

There was also the Otomo exhibit in Angoulême in 2016 with one piece by Stan. The trivia was about exhibits with at least some pieces by Stan, not necessarily exhibits with only Stan's work.
User avatar
Eltanin
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:15 +0000
Location: Wisconsin/France

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Gaffey » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:44 +0000

Those aren't the exhibits I'm thinking of. I remember the original art for the print that has Usagi with Tomoe, Gen & Katsuichi was hanging on a wall. It's one of my favorite pieces of art Stan has ever created. I want to say ziritrion posted about it. He was an active member in the early 2000s.

I hope I didn't make this exhibit up in my head. :lol:
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Trivia August 30 - September 5

Postby Gaffey » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:03 +0000

jabba359 wrote:I should probably get the August/September prize pack figured out and posted... :roll: I know it'll have at least one pretty rare item, with something very similar (though I believe less rare) having sold for $76 on eBay recently. :wink: Guess I'll put that on my to-do list for tomorrow.
I hope one of the "rare" items is a Rose City Comic Con badge. 8) I just saw one on Instagram.
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000


Return to 質問と回答 - Usagi Trivia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest