EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Inazuma (Non-posessed) vs Katsuichi-Sensei

This is where the fighting happens, the "Battle Board" where Usagi goes up against his friends, and his enemies, and even his fellow comic book heroes in blazing tournaments of honor and skill, and maybe even a little bit of trickery, because anything can go in the Center Ring!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Inazuma (Non-posessed) vs Katsuichi-Sensei

Postby Joesha » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:38 +0000

Mr Sakai said Inazuma is the best fighter of the UY-verse. But so far Katsuichi seems quite unbeatable. How will this duel go?
Joesha
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Inazuma (Non-posessed) vs Katsuichi-Sensei

Postby dhfujii » Wed Mar 23, 2016 23:45 +0000

Hmmm, Stan's words are cannon, but just for arguments sake if he didn't say that, or if he meant tier wise ie excluding "master class," that's a hard one lol

Katsuichi lost an eye, but was still able to beat Koji. Koji beat Usagi in a fairly quick match, but they were pretty even before Koji's sandal broke. Inazuma trounced Gen and Stray Dog without blinking an eye (u get it?)...and cheap tricks work on both of them in a group fight... gahhhh I don't know!

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I think Inazuma would win. Imagine her beating through the ranks of challengers trying to get to a match. She'd wipe them out easier than Koji did. Koji is almost as good as Katsuichi, by a fraction. Plus, her style is purely her own, not to mention the Demon Powers seem to make her even more unpredictable. Yeah, I think she'd win. Unless, Katsuichi saw her style, and she saw his prior to fighting... if that was the case, I think he'd be the smarter fighter and figure out how to beat her. It still might not work though because she's freakishly talented.

It would be fun to read!
dhfujii
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby dhfujii » Wed Mar 23, 2016 23:50 +0000

I just noticed you posted "non-possessed" ...hmmm, I think she'd still go through the ranks easier than Koji, just not with as much freakish ease. Also, she still easily beat Gen, who is no pushover...I'm not sure even Katsuichi could beat Gen that fast. Although, in practice matches, he beats Usagi fairly quickly... then again, he knows Usagi's moves, Inazuma didn't know Gen's and she still wiped him out..

A scene I could see play out is this: Katsuichi would be able to figure out a clever way to win, but would probably comment to himself (if I didn't do x or y, I'd surely have lost).

Katsuichi in this one, mainly due to his experience and not engaging in a battle without analyzing it before.
dhfujii
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby richarddragon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:14 +0000

What I would like to see from this story would be something like this:

Inazuma plows through the students and Katsuichi is analyzing her every move. He finds some flaw in her technique and is ready to use it against her in a fight but he hits some snag. Something unforeseen happens and that advantage is lost. He'd then improvise and go on to win it anyway, but saying something to the effect of "ah I used something similar when battling such and such". And he would compliment her on her fencing skills, noting that she was tired when their match began.
Now would I cheat a friend?
richarddragon

Postby Rustyblade » Fri Sep 08, 2017 13:44 +0000

Non-posessed...then Kat would have it I'd have to say. But he would be walking away injured. That would be an epic battle.
Rustyblade

Postby estee » Mon May 27, 2019 17:53 +0000

Going with Inazuma.

I think her style would be just as unorthodox as Kat's or even moreso, seeing as her skill is natural, rather than taught.

I'm sure her husband wasn't all that enthusiastic with his training regime.

Plus his loss of eye would leave him at a disadvantage with such a skilled opponent.
estee

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Dojo Center Ring