EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Has anyone ever wondered...

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Has anyone ever wondered...

Postby Redwall Templar » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:35 +0000

What becomes of Usagi's bloodline when the Samurai are considered no longer needed and during WW2?

Just my imagination at work that's all.
Redwall Templar
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Todd Shogun » Sun Feb 20, 2005 20:51 +0000

Depends on what happens to Jotaro and if Usagi will have any more children. If Jotaro is killed and Usagi dies a bachelor, the blood line ends. Unless Usagi had any siblings. Stan, out of curiosity, did Usagi have any brothers or sisters?
Todd Shogun
Shogun

Re: Has anyone ever wondered...

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun Feb 20, 2005 21:47 +0000

Redwall Templar wrote:What becomes of Usagi's bloodline when the Samurai are considered no longer needed and during WW2?

Just my imagination at work that's all.

The bloodline must have continued because there is supposed to be a dirict line of decent from the feudal period Usagi to the futuristic Usagi.

Terry Miyamoto - from Stan's near imposible to find story "Ten Little Critters" and cameo appearence in the 8 page Lionheart tale "A Little Mobster Story" that Stan did with Tom Stazer - is Miyamoto Usagi's twentieth century decendent.

The Miyamoto Usagi character from the Space Usagi stories is also supposed to be a direct decendent.

At one time, Stan wanted to do some stories featuring various decendents of Miyamoto Usagi, with the stories centered on the specific decendents that his swords were passed down to.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Redwall Templar » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:40 +0000

I hope he still does. I'd find that very facinating. I wasn't aware he'd dabbled in the idea already. I hope in the future it is explored a little.

Oh yes, I understand Space Usagi is.

Stan, are you still considering on ever exploring this idea?
Redwall Templar

Postby Todd Shogun » Mon Feb 21, 2005 14:54 +0000

Doh! Youre' right, I forgot about Terry!!!
Todd Shogun
Shogun

Postby Stan Sakai » Wed Feb 23, 2005 18:59 +0000

Todd Shogun wrote:
Stan, out of curiosity, did Usagi have any brothers or sisters?

I don't know. What do you think? Should I give Usagi any sibling? It could lead to a few interesting story ideas.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby Todd Shogun » Wed Feb 23, 2005 20:23 +0000

Yes. A sister would be a really cool idea. A brother would too, but we already have the Usagi/Kenichi relationship, which is similar to two brothers...unless you made the brother way older than Usagi...maybe a long lost big brother who was thought to have been killed when Usagi was a child, but turns up somewhere else...maybe as a priest or a bandit to add a twist....Maybe we could do a mass "vote" among the UY Dojo Members... the winning sibling will appear in a future issue of Usagi...there are dozens of possibilities...
Todd Shogun
Shogun

Postby Stan Sakai » Wed Feb 23, 2005 22:34 +0000

Todd Shogun wrote:Yes. A sister would be a really cool idea. A brother would too, but we already have the Usagi/Kenichi relationship, which is similar to two brothers...unless you made the brother way older than Usagi...maybe a long lost big brother who was thought to have been killed when Usagi was a child, but turns up somewhere else...maybe as a priest or a bandit to add a twist....Maybe we could do a mass "vote" among the UY Dojo Members... the winning sibling will appear in a future issue of Usagi...there are dozens of possibilities...

As you said, Kenichi is positioned very much like a brother. If Usagi were to have a real brother, I would make him older. He would have left home much earlier than Usagi for sword-training. His path would take him on a different road--perhaps to serve a lord, or perhaps to become a bandit chief. There are a lot of possibilities.

Speaking of relatives, Tomoe's cousin Noriko is introduced in UY 83, the first part of The Treasure of the Mother of Mountains.
Last edited by Stan Sakai on Wed Feb 23, 2005 22:40 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby Stan Sakai » Wed Feb 23, 2005 22:36 +0000

I also considered giving him an uncle, to mirror Lord Noriyuki's Uncle Akira in the last Space Usagi story.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby Redwall Templar » Thu Feb 24, 2005 17:55 +0000

Hi Stan.

Has there ever been more than a few mentionings of Usagi's mother? I didn't catch onto Usagi until a few tradepaperback later on, unfortunatly. So there are still some small gaps for me to fill in on what already is established. If not, will there ever be more on his mother in future stories via flashbaks or short stories. Did Usagi's mother die at his birth or sometime soon after?

An uncle aye? Would this uncle be dirty behind the scenes full of dishonor I wonder interfere with the Jotaro, Kenichi, Usagi matter. And/Or if Usagi were to have a brother, would this brother being different from Usagi be the head of a Ninja clan? Just a few questions and thoughts.

I would imagine if something like that ever got out, it could ruin the family name. That is if I have come to understand the culture of this time and place of Japan. Am I?
Redwall Templar

Postby Stan Sakai » Thu Feb 24, 2005 23:36 +0000

Redwall Templar wrote:Hi Stan.

Has there ever been more than a few mentionings of Usagi's mother? I didn't catch onto Usagi until a few tradepaperback later on, unfortunatly. So there are still some small gaps for me to fill in on what already is established. If not, will there ever be more on his mother in future stories via flashbaks or short stories. Did Usagi's mother die at his birth or sometime soon after?

I never mentioned Usagi's mother or any other member of his family besides his father who was killed by Lord Hikiji.

I don't know what became of her.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby Jerry » Fri Mar 04, 2005 19:49 +0000

>
>Maybe we could do a mass "vote" among the UY Dojo Members...
>

Hai! It is very good idea... :)

Abayo.
My sWord is a mirror of my soul...
Jerry

Postby Usagi » Sat Mar 05, 2005 15:32 +0000

I kinda like the idea of Usagi finding him mom again...(or for the first time in our cases) - and getting informtion form her or something leading on to like - a sister- who might already be married and have little bunnys for herself :D haha- and or that leading to as Stand might say, an Older Brothor-

Or Usagi meeting up with this Hot bunny and then finds out they are related- <-- that stuff is alwaysdromatic- -->> but can be fun. Haha....

Votes are cool too... :D
"Ich wundere mich wie weit es ist zu sonne wenn du ihr entgegen rennst."
Usagi

Postby Redwall Templar » Sat Mar 05, 2005 17:33 +0000

Usagi wrote:I kinda like the idea of Usagi finding him mom again...(or for the first time in our cases) - and getting informtion form her or something leading on to like - a sister- who might already be married and have little bunnys for herself :D haha- and or that leading to as Stand might say, an Older Brothor-

Or Usagi meeting up with this Hot bunny and then finds out they are related- <-- that stuff is alwaysdromatic- -->> but can be fun. Haha....

Votes are cool too... :D

OR take the first part of your idea and turn it into a ghost story.
Redwall Templar

Postby Usagi » Sat Mar 05, 2005 17:52 +0000

:shock: ......Ohhhhhh Spookyness! :)
"Ich wundere mich wie weit es ist zu sonne wenn du ihr entgegen rennst."
Usagi

Next

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum