EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Has anyone ever wondered...

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Postby Andy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 22:13 +0000

Just my opinion, but Usagi seems like an only child to me. I can't even explain why.
Andy
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Redwall Templar » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:47 +0000

Andy wrote:Just my opinion, but Usagi seems like an only child to me. I can't even explain why.

I suppose I feel the same way myself. Then again I am an only child, well I'm 32 so I'm not a child. lol. Only child to a single parent. So for me it is easy to see your point and probably agree.

Then again, I'm sure whatever Stan decides to add is Usagi's journey to harmony unfolds will make for a good story no matter what he decides to suprise us with.
Redwall Templar

Re:

Postby richarddragon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:57 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
Todd Shogun wrote:
Stan, out of curiosity, did Usagi have any brothers or sisters?

I don't know. What do you think? Should I give Usagi any sibling? It could lead to a few interesting story ideas.

Did Stan stop pursuing this line of thinking? it sounded fun!
Now would I cheat a friend?
richarddragon

Re: Has anyone ever wondered...

Postby OnitsukaTiger » Sat Jun 09, 2018 20:01 +0000

I always assumed he was an only child but I assume that about a lot of people and am often surprised to find out they have siblings. I think this would be a very interesting thing to mix up UY. I really like the idea of his brother being a priest or farmer or something very humble and mundane.

I would love to see a few issues devoted to Usagi's family line. Seeing the swords get passed down to other family members would be a lovely story. Or, perhaps they don't get passed to family, kind of like the movie The Red Violin but somehow make it back to his descendants after being "lost".

Seeing a WW2 UY story would be incredible, maybe like the way Senso was a self-contained project?
OnitsukaTiger

Previous

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum