EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

thanks stan for angouleme

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

thanks stan for angouleme

Postby zog » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:07 +0000

Hi Stan, Thank you so much for your sketches done at angouleme.
I know it was a while ago but i only now have had time to catch up with comics and stuff.

I am from Australia and angouleme was the end of my european winter holiday! You did a neat sketch of "usagi in france" and also sketched/signed a book. I got a photo too. You seemed a little bit, uh, tired, understandingly as evidently you must not have got your allocated break because as soon as you put down your pen after me you tucked into a big sandwich! So I tried to bother you as little as possible. :D

Angouleme was great, i recommend it wholeheartedly to any comic reader, there is a real culture there of artists taking time to do complex sketches for fans. And there is a great international alternatives section. And comics in the SNOW!! Can't be beat, especially for someone who had never experienced snow until that trip. Unfortunately, an artist i was waiting to see, jeffrey brown, was unable to make the last day because he was snowed in. All part of the experience!
zog
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum