EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Yojimbo: Senso

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Usagi Yojimbo: Senso

Postby Angilasman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:31 +0000

Has Stan mentioned or hinted when the main series is coming back?

Also, wasn't there an already finished Usagi issue in the can before the hiatus?
Angilasman
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Stan Sakai » Mon Feb 02, 2015 14:31 +0000

Angilasman wrote:Has Stan mentioned or hinted when the main series is coming back?

Also, wasn't there an already finished Usagi issue in the can before the hiatus?

The first three issues for Usagi's return are already done, and the first comes out, I think, in May. It is a three issue story with Kitsune meeting Chizu for the first time. Kitsune's happy-go-lucky attitude is a nice contrast with Chizu's super serious one.

I am halfway through the 4th issue (#148) The One-Armed Swordsman.

I just did the cover and thumbnails for a story before Usagi went on hiatus. I will use it further down the line.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby BuckRogers » Mon Feb 02, 2015 16:34 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
Angilasman wrote:Has Stan mentioned or hinted when the main series is coming back?

The first three issues for Usagi's return are already done, and the first comes out, I think, in May. It is a three issue story with Kitsune meeting Chizu for the first time. Kitsune's happy-go-lucky attitude is a nice contrast with Chizu's super serious one.

I just did the cover and thumbnails for a story before Usagi went on hiatus. I will use it further down the line.

Such AWESOME news!!!
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby Angilasman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 18:30 +0000

Well, that made my day!

Thanks for the update, Stan!
Angilasman

Postby estee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 16:38 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:

Kitsune and Chizu...boo...meet...ya!
estee

Postby PalmettoKnight1 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 17:00 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:

Whoa ! Kitsune meets Chizu!? Oh boy two of my top favorite characters together! Well Usagi and Kiyoko are the other favorites of mine. I'm looking forward to this issue then! And it comes out when my birthday is too! Keep up the great work!
PalmettoKnight1

Postby Mayhem » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:21 +0000

You just know it's going to be acid and alkali with those two... reaction everywhere heh...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: Usagi Yojimbo: Senso ebundle on sale...

Postby go » Wed Feb 04, 2015 17:00 +0000

go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby PalmettoKnight1 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 17:14 +0000

Mayhem wrote:You just know it's going to be acid and alkali with those two... reaction everywhere heh...

No doubt about that. Wondering when the preview is going to be available. Probably April.
PalmettoKnight1

Postby Jubei » Thu Feb 05, 2015 17:11 +0000

BuckRogers wrote:
Maka wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:These days, for better or worse, it is sooooo easy to just get everything on-line but if we only had on-line, then my kiddos would not have fallen in love with comics after going to the shop and seeing everything all over the walls.

I like shopping at my local comic book store, even though I can get a cheaper on-line. I have been shopping there for 20 years. Over the years, I've grown to really like the staff. They have had some awesome signings in the past, even Stan signed here one year (but I was out of town). They donate comics to the library and give money to support local charities. They give kids store credit for their "A" grades on report cards. I want them to stay around for as long as they can make it. So I try to buy my comics from them when possible.

But when they can't get the Usagi stuff I want, I go on-line. :)

Peace, maka

This sounds like a great shop really worth supporting. My local shop in Newburgh, NY is very small and seems to cater more to the adult crowd as the books on the walls have a lot of gore/slasher type comics so I do cringe a bit and steer my 6 and 8 year old to the appropriate places in the shop. But I have only seen adults in the shop whenever I have gone so the owner has to sell what sells.

But now that we are going more regularly perhaps he'll start to make it a bit more kid friendly. I do not expect it but I do hope for it!

My old LCS and current LCS are usually good at stocking the regular Usagi title and the Senso mini even though I put any Usagi-related book on my monthly pull list. However, when it comes to trades, I usually resort to online sources. Though my current LCS recently did a great job in ordering me a copy of the Sakai Project book.
Jubei

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:42 +0000

Chizu and Kitsune meeting each other???

First thought of them together made me think of Shaw and Root on Person of Interest......
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby PalmettoKnight1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 16:34 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:Chizu and Kitsune meeting each other???

First thought of them together made me think of Shaw and Root on Person of Interest......

I was thinking of another pairing but now I can't remember it. XP

Anyhow this will certainly let us see sides of chizu and kitsune we've never seen before: jealous sides. Most certainly will be interesting.
PalmettoKnight1

Postby Usagi-chan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 19:01 +0000

Will there be a sketchbook section in the Senso hardcover?

Usagi-Yojimbo
Usagi-chan

Postby Stan Sakai » Tue Feb 10, 2015 21:19 +0000

Usagi-Yojimbo wrote:Will there be a sketchbook section in the Senso hardcover?

Yes, and it will reprint the 3 original pages that I changed. I also wrote/drew the introduction.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby Mayhem » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:46 +0000

Now that my copy of issue #6 has arrived... I guess it was inevitable, how it would pan out. But I did like the clever take on the ending, and a neat tip of the hat to Stan's "other" Usagi strand heh. Any chance of a fourth story in that franchise Stan? :D
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum