EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Yojimbo: Senso

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Usagi Yojimbo: Senso

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:19 +0000

I am really hoping to see a print portfolio made of the cover art to the UY: Senso series, something which even colorist Tom Luth has expressed a desire to see released.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Mayhem » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:41 +0000

Still waiting on issue #6 here, damn only getting my comics sent out once per month heh...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby BuckRogers » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:13 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Still waiting on issue #6 here, damn only getting my comics sent out once per month heh...

Same here! Killing me! I am purposefully carefully looking at these posts and turning away quickly if there is any mention of what happens. Still have no idea what happens and cannot wait much longer to find out.
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby estee » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:45 +0000

Sigh...I hate being a nerd...we are so obsessive.

My LCS asked if I wanted the Limited Edition HC for the latest Usagi Trade...THEN he asked if I wanted the HC for Senso.

Ugh! So expensive. But...I...must...have...everything...Usagi!!

Then he said the Senso HC is only $20...well okay then through it in!

Whew...that was close. :D
estee

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:48 +0000

estee wrote:Sigh...I hate being a nerd...we are so obsessive.

My LCS asked if I wanted the Limited Edition HC for the latest Usagi Trade...THEN he asked if I wanted the HC for Senso.

Did you remember to have him order you the Usagi Yojimbo Saga #2 and #3 in the limited edition hardcovers? :D
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby estee » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:29 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:
estee wrote:Sigh...I hate being a nerd...we are so obsessive.

Did you remember to have him order you the Usagi Yojimbo Saga #2 and #3 in the limited edition hardcovers? :D

Yes...yes I did.

D'uh. :D
estee

Postby Mayhem » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:22 +0000

After the cock-up my shop made with the first Saga and not reserving me one, I think they'll be making sure they are ordering a couple more copies of the rest heh...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby BuckRogers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:23 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Still waiting on issue #6 here, damn only getting my comics sent out once per month heh...

Yup, picked up 4 and 5 from my local comic shop today. So very excellent. Now the kiddos and I are desperately awaiting Issue 6 to close it out and bring it home.

But, I do not understand how some people already have Issue 6 when my local shop told me that it had not yet beed released. Can anyone explain it to me?
BuckRogers

Postby Gaffey » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:36 +0000

Issue 6 was released on January 7th. Maybe your shop forgot to order it.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/24-907 ... bo-Senso-6
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby BuckRogers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:10 +0000

Gaffey wrote:Issue 6 was released on January 7th. Maybe your shop forgot to order it.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/24-907 ... bo-Senso-6

Could be. He told me that it was not released yet so I do wonder about the guy a bit.

Hopefully now that he knows that we are coming in at least once a month and that my kiddos are bringing in their allowance to spend there, he will be better about keeping up with all the Usagi stuff for us! I want to support the local shop so will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

These days, for better or worse, it is sooooo easy to just get everything on-line but if we only had on-line, then my kiddos would not have fallen in love with comics after going to the shop and seeing everything all over the walls.
BuckRogers

Postby maichan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:59 +0000

Good comic book shops are fewer and far between these days. But take a look around and maybe there are others in your area. Or, maybe like you said, this shop might start to keep up on Usagi related publications a little better. BTW, you can always check Dark Horse online, Diamond Previews, or Comic Shop News www.csnsider.com for release schedules.

I'm fortunate as the shop I frequent has been around a long time and I've shopped there from the beginning. I know the manager and all the staff, and the manager is an Usagi fan himself. He and his staff are more than happy to help me in my quest for all things Usagi (as well as any other comic related needs).

Good luck!
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Maka » Sun Feb 01, 2015 13:30 +0000

BuckRogers wrote:These days, for better or worse, it is sooooo easy to just get everything on-line but if we only had on-line, then my kiddos would not have fallen in love with comics after going to the shop and seeing everything all over the walls.

I like shopping at my local comic book store, even though I can get a cheaper on-line. I have been shopping there for 20 years. Over the years, I've grown to really like the staff. They have had some awesome signings in the past, even Stan signed here one year (but I was out of town). They donate comics to the library and give money to support local charities. They give kids store credit for their "A" grades on report cards. I want them to stay around for as long as they can make it. So I try to buy my comics from them when possible.

But when they can't get the Usagi stuff I want, I go on-line. :)

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 13:51 +0000

I am lucky to have a great local comic shop (Fanfare) which I have been buying from pretty steady since I first discovered Groo the Wanderer way back in the mid-eighties. For a while I shopped at another local shop which opened around the corner from where I was living at the time during the mid-nineties (actually the same people who ran the company which made the Usagi pewter figures) but they closed up when the industry did the down-turn in the later nineties. I buy all my new comics and books through Fanfare, foreign editions or when it is something like the "Beachball editions" being the exceptions.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby BuckRogers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 15:11 +0000

Maka wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:These days, for better or worse, it is sooooo easy to just get everything on-line but if we only had on-line, then my kiddos would not have fallen in love with comics after going to the shop and seeing everything all over the walls.

I like shopping at my local comic book store, even though I can get a cheaper on-line. I have been shopping there for 20 years. Over the years, I've grown to really like the staff. They have had some awesome signings in the past, even Stan signed here one year (but I was out of town). They donate comics to the library and give money to support local charities. They give kids store credit for their "A" grades on report cards. I want them to stay around for as long as they can make it. So I try to buy my comics from them when possible.

But when they can't get the Usagi stuff I want, I go on-line. :)

Peace, maka

This sounds like a great shop really worth supporting. My local shop in Newburgh, NY is very small and seems to cater more to the adult crowd as the books on the walls have a lot of gore/slasher type comics so I do cringe a bit and steer my 6 and 8 year old to the appropriate places in the shop. But I have only seen adults in the shop whenever I have gone so the owner has to sell what sells.

But now that we are going more regularly perhaps he'll start to make it a bit more kid friendly. I do not expect it but I do hope for it!
BuckRogers

Postby Marco Polo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 20:29 +0000

I've only found 2 shops in Melbourne Australia that get Usagi in, but the numbers are so limited I rarely have the time to go into the city centre to get a copy before they're gone. At the moment I've only go Senso 1 & 2. I mostly import anything USAGI to feed my obsession. It often ends up being so much cheaper, but I have to wait to bulk order everything.
Be more like a Panda. They're Black, White and Asian.
Marco Polo

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum