EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

The Usagi Yojimbo Saga

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: The Usagi Yojimbo Saga

Postby runnah4life808 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 21:42 +0000

Received my copy of Saga 5. That was enough to make my day... until I flipped to the dedication page...

...and saw my commission from four years ago! :shock:

:D
Last edited by runnah4life808 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 23:29 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
runnah4life808
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby maichan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 22:53 +0000

runnah4life808 wrote:Received my copy of Saga 5. That was enough to make my day... until I flipped to the dedication page...

...and saw my commission from six years ago! :shock:

:D

Oh, awesome! :)
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Lobster Johnson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:04 +0000

I recently swapped some books with a friend (who is something of an Usagi fan), and one of the books I received was UY Saga Vol 2 in hardcover! :shock: This is my first Usagi hardcover, and it's really nice (there's a head sketch in it, too!). A big thank you to my friend! :D
Lobster Johnson

Postby jabba359 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 13:37 +0000

If someone doesn't have the hardcover of Saga vol. 4, it's currently only $30 on Amazon. At that price, I'm tempted to pick up a second one!

http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-Sag ... 75%3A35-70
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby BuckRogers » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:03 +0000

jabba359 wrote:If someone doesn't have the hardcover of Saga vol. 4, it's currently only $30 on Amazon. At that price, I'm tempted to pick up a second one!

http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-Sag ... 75%3A35-70

Holy Smokes! That's cheap!

And they have the Saga Vol 2 for $37.88. Definitely time to buy if you do not have these.

http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-Sag ... MAYJG3VD0M
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Mon Feb 08, 2016 18:41 +0000

Nabbed both of those because those were way too good to pass up. Thanks to both of you!
Chopalong Slashity

Postby jabba359 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 20:24 +0000

Chopalong Slashity wrote:Nabbed both of those because those were way too good to pass up. Thanks to both of you!

I'm happy to be an enabler. :mrgreen:
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Tue Feb 09, 2016 18:24 +0000

jabba359 wrote:
Chopalong Slashity wrote:Nabbed both of those because those were way too good to pass up. Thanks to both of you!

I'm happy to be an enabler. :mrgreen:

<cut to 10 years from now, camera focused on a scraggly, unshaven Chopalong in a box in an alley wearing a worn-out signed black Jei t-shirt and surrounded by Usagi books and merchandise>

"CURSE YOU, JABBAAAAAA!!"
Chopalong Slashity

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:54 +0000

Forgive the doublepost, but question---as someone who is still a new reader to the series, are the Saga books a more "complete" way to get up to speed than the individual volumes, or are there some things that have shown up in the Saga format but not in the volumes and vice versa?
Chopalong Slashity

Postby Maka » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:21 +0000

Chopalong Slashity wrote:Forgive the doublepost, but question---as someone who is still a new reader to the series, are the Saga books a more "complete" way to get up to speed than the individual volumes, or are there some things that have shown up in the Saga format but not in the volumes and vice versa?

The UY saga books are the most complete way to get up to speed. They contain all of the major storylines and even some of the harder to find stories or covers (like radio comics art of Usagi Yojimbo covers). The trade paperbacks are also the best bang for your buck. The individual volumes do not have any bonus things unless you count the limited hardcovers have the special numbered plate/art at the beginning. But nothing in terms of story. If you want story, the saga books are the best way to go, in my opinion, because they are printed in the same size as the original comic and are cheaper than the individual trade paperbacks.

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Sun Feb 14, 2016 0:19 +0000

Maka wrote:
Chopalong Slashity wrote:Forgive the doublepost, but question---as someone who is still a new reader to the series, are the Saga books a more "complete" way to get up to speed than the individual volumes, or are there some things that have shown up in the Saga format but not in the volumes and vice versa?

The UY saga books are the most complete way to get up to speed. They contain all of the major storylines and even some of the harder to find stories or covers (like radio comics art of Usagi Yojimbo covers). The trade paperbacks are also the best bang for your buck. The individual volumes do not have any bonus things unless you count the limited hardcovers have the special numbered plate/art at the beginning. But nothing in terms of story. If you want story, the saga books are the best way to go, in my opinion, because they are printed in the same size as the original comic and are cheaper than the individual trade paperbacks.

Peace, maka

Got it. Guess I'll patiently wait for Saga Vol. 6, then.

(This is hardly a bad thing as it just means another excuse to re-read everything prior all over again. And again. And again. :mrgreen: )

(Also, on a related note, one thing I *do* like more about *one* of the specific TPBs is the back of whichever volume The Black Soul was---the "corrupted"-looking Usagi head in the corner next to Jei was just funny-looking. :mrgreen: )
Chopalong Slashity

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Thu Feb 18, 2016 14:02 +0000

Chopalong Slashity

Postby Shadowfax » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:41 +0000

I may as well give this a shot . . . I read on this thread that a few Dojo members managed to get extra copies of Saga Volume 1 signed / numbered limited edition, the one that dealers are trying to sell for $400 plus. Not going to encourage that sort of behavior, but if anyone has an extra copy they would part with for, say, a 100% profit over cover price, plus shipping, PLUS some Usagi trade items, please get in touch and we can negotiate!

Thanks,
Shadowfax
Shadowfax

Postby jabba359 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 13:18 +0000

Don't forget that UY Saga vol. 6 comes out this week. Instocktrades finally updated today (they usually do it on Sunday, if I remember correctly), so I got my order in. :mrgreen:
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Trevis Woods » Tue Apr 26, 2016 14:15 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Don't forget that UY Saga vol. 6 comes out this week. Instocktrades finally updated today (they usually do it on Sunday, if I remember correctly), so I got my order in. :mrgreen:

Ordered mine today as well. Prices at Instocktrades are crazy good! HC and TPB edition ordered together with free shipping for $60 total is something that is simply awesome.
I will say it again that they have the best packing out there and very quick shipping considering it is free. I'm so glad somebody mentioned them on this forum. It has been a huge blessing for getting the most for your money.
Trevis Woods

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum