EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

The Usagi Yojimbo Saga

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: The Usagi Yojimbo Saga

Postby jabba359 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 14:33 +0000

Trevis Woods wrote:I will say it again that they have the best packing out there and very quick shipping considering it is free. I'm so glad somebody mentioned them on this forum. It has been a huge blessing for getting the most for your money.

Yeah, their packing puts Amazon to shame. I've been checking their site a couple times a day since Saturday night, just after midnight waiting for them to update with this week's new items (since that's when they normally update). Ordered the UY Saga HC and picked up the final two Mind MGMT books I needed to complete that series. It was only $1.75 to upgrade to FedEx Ground (a little faster and with tracking), so I sprung for that as well. I figured I was saving enough by ordering through them that I could splurge a little on shipping. ;)
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Gaffey » Tue Apr 26, 2016 15:11 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Don't forget that UY Saga vol. 6 comes out this week. Instocktrades finally updated today (they usually do it on Sunday, if I remember correctly), so I got my order in. :mrgreen:

They've been updating their Deals of the Week and Latest Releases on Tuesday for quite some time. Other than Taco Tuesday at a local restaurant that's what I look forward to the most. :lol:
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby jabba359 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 16:02 +0000

Gaffey wrote:They've been updating their Deals of the Week and Latest Releases on Tuesday for quite some time. Other than Taco Tuesday at a local restaurant that's what I look forward to the most. :lol:

Good to know. I could've sworn they updated those Saturday night/Sunday morning, right at midnight. :? Next time I'll wait until Tuesday before obsessively checking. :P
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Otter » Sat May 14, 2016 3:49 +0000

Mine arrived yesterday from Angus & Robertson. It's a beautiful collection. A&R have been a great spot to get the Saga volumes from in Australia, but they haven't yet listed volume 7 in hardback, and the price of 6 had creeped up about $12 from the original listing. I guess the falling Aussie had to catch up to us sometime.

Has there been any speculation as to when we will see volume 8 given we've almost caught up to the individual issues?
Even if the breath between us smells of alcohol,
Call it confusion in the best way possible.
Otter
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Mayhem » Sat May 14, 2016 6:34 +0000

I don't think Saga #7 is listed in Diamond yet, which may explains the lack of their listing.

We wouldn't see Saga #8 before end of next year I'd imagine, if not later...
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby JLM » Sat May 14, 2016 8:34 +0000

Mayhem wrote:I don't think Saga #7 is listed in Diamond yet, which may explains the lack of their listing.

Pretty sure I saw it in Previews a week or so ago. :)
JLM

Postby Mormegil » Mon May 16, 2016 6:52 +0000

Mayhem wrote:I don't think Saga #7 is listed in Diamond yet, which may explains the lack of their listing.

We wouldn't see Saga #8 before end of next year I'd imagine, if not later...

I would think volume 8 would be at least two years out. It will be volumes 29,30,31. Book 30 hasn't even released yet and you would think Dark Horse would want to give the individual volumes time to sell out.

The thing i'm on the fence about is do i want the digest size book if i'm already buying the issues...Part of me wants to buy the issues and then just wait for the Saga edition to come out. I don't have a complete set of the individual volumes and i doubt i ever will, the used price is just too high for the 5 books i'm missing.
Mormegil

Postby Otter » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:53 +0000

Saga #7 pre-ordered. I'm really looking forward to "completing" this collection. It's gonna look great on the shelf... although, did anyone else's copy of #6's lettering on the spine seem shinier than the previous releases?
Even if the breath between us smells of alcohol,
Call it confusion in the best way possible.
Otter

Postby JLM » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:40 +0000

Picked up the latest Saga today. It's #10 of the edition. Not sure why a low, randomly allocated, number is exciting, but it is.

Wondering now when we'll see Saga #8....
JLM

Postby maichan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 21:20 +0000

Picked up mine today. Number looks like 350, but could possibly be 356 :roll:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Thu Sep 22, 2016 22:18 +0000

Picked up my copy of Saga #7 yesterday (or Wednesday, depending on your time zone) and it is a nice and easy to read #42/1500....

Now for the long wait for Saga #8, which at the earliest will be this time next year....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Warren » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:58 +0000

My first signed and numbered book arrived this morning: Saga book 2, a nice, round #1300. :)
Warren

Postby Warren » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:31 +0000

And as mentioned elsewhere, Saga book 3, number 831. Along with the strange sense of quality and style from the hardcover (maybe it's the limited edition working it's mojo) and the sign 'n' sketch by the sensei himself, I can see how somebody could get addicted to these. :) I'm already deciding which bank to rob for a hardcover copy of Saga book 1.

I'm also getting ahead of myself with a digital copy of Saga #5. So I've been binging on Usagi Yojimbo lately, and again I'm in the position of wanting to rave about a bunch of stories that are probably already well leafed-through to most of you. It brings me to a question that I've wondered about. (And sorry for shoving it into this thread...) On one hand, I can't disagree with this Comics Alliance column in that the comic is so consistently good that you kinda run out of things to say, but I've noticed that there's not much discussion about the stories, here on the Dojo. Not a criticism, just a slightly puzzled observation - can anyone throw some light on it? And do I have the nod to go ahead and make an idjit of myself with half-baked reviews...?
Warren

Postby Mormegil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:15 +0000

Warren wrote:And as mentioned elsewhere, Saga book 3, number 831. Along with the strange sense of quality and style from the hardcover (maybe it's the limited edition working it's mojo) and the sign 'n' sketch by the sensei himself, I can see how somebody could get addicted to these. :) I'm already deciding which bank to rob for a hardcover copy of Saga book 1.

I'm also getting ahead of myself with a digital copy of Saga #5. So I've been binging on Usagi Yojimbo lately, and again I'm in the position of wanting to rave about a bunch of stories that are probably already well leafed-through to most of you. It brings me to a question that I've wondered about. (And sorry for shoving it into this thread...) On one hand, I can't disagree with this Comics Alliance column in that the comic is so consistently good that you kinda run out of things to say, but I've noticed that there's not much discussion about the stories, here on the Dojo. Not a criticism, just a slightly puzzled observation - can anyone throw some light on it? And do I have the nod to go ahead and make an idjit of myself with half-baked reviews...?

I thought that as well when I first started poking my head in around here. I think that article kind of answers the question for you. We all read the issues when they come out, but no one has anything bad to say about them. So nothing gets said. I read it, I love it, I eagerly await the next issue (new issue Wednesday, woo!.)

I've read most of the series twice and I plan on starting it again sometime next year. I've even read that article you posted twice.
Mormegil

Postby Steve Hubbell » Mon Nov 21, 2016 19:23 +0000

Warren wrote:I'm also getting ahead of myself with a digital copy of Saga #5. So I've been binging on Usagi Yojimbo lately, and again I'm in the position of wanting to rave about a bunch of stories that are probably already well leafed-through to most of you. It brings me to a question that I've wondered about. (And sorry for shoving it into this thread...) On one hand, I can't disagree with this Comics Alliance column in that the comic is so consistently good that you kinda run out of things to say, but I've noticed that there's not much discussion about the stories, here on the Dojo. Not a criticism, just a slightly puzzled observation - can anyone throw some light on it? And do I have the nod to go ahead and make an idjit of myself with half-baked reviews...?

Dojo member Shaxper has set up a great "Dojo Annex" over at the Classic Comics Forum which includes a nice "Usagi Yojimbo General Discussion" section where each and every issue has (or will eventually have) its own thread where it can be discussed, reviewed, examined, or raved over.

http://classiccomics.org/board/54/usagi ... discussion
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum