EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

The Usagi Yojimbo Saga

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: The Usagi Yojimbo Saga

Postby John Pannozzi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 22:32 +0000

And coming next year is Usagi Yojimbo Saga: Legends, which will collect Space Usagi, Yokai, and Senso.
John Pannozzi
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Krash01 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:05 +0000

Does anybody have any news about the Saga #8 release date?
Krash01

Postby Nightmist » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 +0000

Hi Guys, is there any chance for a reprint of these volumes? i miss volumes 6 and 7 (the softcover ones) and they seems impossible to find. It looks like other volumes are out of print too, i'd really like to complete my collection please give me hope :P

thanks!
Nightmist

Postby jabba359 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:38 +0000

Nightmist wrote:Hi Guys, is there any chance for a reprint of these volumes? i miss volumes 6 and 7 (the softcover ones) and they seems impossible to find. It looks like other volumes are out of print too, i'd really like to complete my collection please give me hope :P

thanks!

Welcome to the forum! I wasn't aware that these were out of stock, but you're right. I'd be surprised if they weren't getting another run, so hopefully they get another printing in the near future. It looks like vol. 6 is still available from Stan's online store right now.

http://stansakai.com/product/usagi-saga-volume-6/

I just looked at eBay and the vol. 6 softcover is more expensive than the hardcover!!! :shock:

It may also pay off to check your local comic shops, as mine had the full set as recently as a month or two ago (I haven't looked more recently than that). I'll stop by there on Wednesday and see if they still have them.

edit: I had time to stop by my local comic shop today and they don't have vol. 6 anymore, but do have vol. 7. If you want me to pick it up for you and ship it, it would run about $26 (after discount, taxes, and media mail shipping) if you're in the U.S.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Nightmist » Mon Jun 18, 2018 17:02 +0000

Unfortunately i'm from Italy so buying them from US is a nightmare, shipping fees and tax duties are huge. Yojimbo now is published in Italy too, but i already had some american volumes when they started, so i'd like to complete this series if i can. Yeah the price for the few remaining ones is impressive, volume 2 seems out of stock too by the way, i really hope DH will fill the gaps, the yojimbo saga is surely the best way to jump on board.

Thanks for the welcome and the help, i appreciated it man :wink:
Nightmist

Postby Mayhem » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:08 +0000

Could always get 6 and 7 from Amazon, actually 7 is in stock on the UK site, and 6 is in stock on the US site. And before you say, "but postage!", the one from the US is listed as under 6 GBP shipping to the UK, so can't imagine it will be hugely higher to Italy. And third party sellers are almost as good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Usagi-Yojimbo- ... jimbo+saga

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listi ... jimbo+saga
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby Nightmist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:34 +0000

Unfortunately none of those sellers ships ship to italy, but thanks!
Nightmist

Postby Eshbaal » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:16 +0000

Nightmist wrote:Unfortunately none of those sellers ships ship to italy, but thanks!

Maybe try Amazon.de? I sometimes have more luck with that than UK or US.
Eshbaal

Postby Mayhem » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:45 +0000

The problem may be, Italian post has such a bad reputation. I wouldn’t ship anything there without it being fully tracked and insured.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby Kaimuki » Wed Jun 20, 2018 19:46 +0000

Nightmist wrote:Unfortunately i'm from Italy so buying them from US is a nightmare, shipping fees and tax duties are huge. Yojimbo now is published in Italy too, but i already had some american volumes when they started, so i'd like to complete this series if i can. Yeah the price for the few remaining ones is impressive, volume 2 seems out of stock too by the way, i really hope DH will fill the gaps, the yojimbo saga is surely the best way to jump on board.

Saw this UY Saga Volume 6 on ebay and it says it ships to Italy....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Horse-Usagi-Yojimbo-Saga-Book-6-Stan-Sakai-Comic-Ninja-Rabbit-Japan-Anime/183284397276
Kaimuki

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sat Jun 23, 2018 0:18 +0000

https://www.facebook.com/darkhorsecomic ... =3&theater

Just ran across this in a reply comment on Dark Horse's Facebook page.....
George Panagopoulos wrote: stupid question, are you gonna do the same for BPRD and other hellboy related stories? also is there gonna be new omnibus edition for usagi yozimbo? thanks !!! (i have already preorder all the hellboy omnibus, no summer vacation , i will enjoy the darkness this summer!)

Dark Horse Comics wrote: You can see the details of which stories are in each of the Hellboy Omnibus and Short Stories (part of the Omnibus series) collections on our site - check out the Short Stories volumes in particular. Usagi Yojimbo Saga volumes will be reprinted next month, and BPRD should remain in omnibus (collected) volumes, although not planned to get the same exact treatment as the Hellboy Omnibus eds.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Nightmist » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:00 +0000

great news!
Nightmist

Postby maichan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:13 +0000

Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Otter » Wed Jan 16, 2019 14:12 +0000

For any Aussies in here, Angus & Robertson has Saga 8 HC available for pre-order for $89 and includes free postage.

That's the best price I've paid for any Saga book.
Even if the breath between us smells of alcohol,
Call it confusion in the best way possible.
Otter

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum