EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Welcome New Members to the Usagi Yojimbo Dojoboard Forums

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Welcome New Members to the Usagi Yojimbo Dojoboard Forum

Postby tylersticka » Sat May 18, 2019 14:11 +0000

Thanks for the warm welcome, maka!

I finished re-reading everything minutes ago. Super excited to see where the new color series goes!
tylersticka
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby lookatyouhacker » Thu Jun 06, 2019 13:23 +0000

Hi. My name is lookatyouhacker like from System Shock, and I find it an honor to contribute to these forums.
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Postby maichan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 13:36 +0000

いらっしゃいませ! or, Irasshaimase! :lol:

Welcome to the Dojo tylersticka and lookatyouhacker!

Looking forward to sharing some conversations about Usagi and Sakai Sensei over a hot cup of ocha. :D
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Edgar718 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 18:59 +0000

Whats up everyone!

My name's Edgar from NYC. I was always a big TMNT fan and in May of this year I said to myself why not check out the "samurai bunny" I remember from the comics/cartoon crossovers and I was blown away!!! Between the art and stories I was instantly hooked! Fast forward two months later I own probably every exclusive figure, series one statue set from Roku Toys, fantagraphics #1 and last week just got my CGC graded 8.0 Albedo #2 so I guess you can say I dove in head first LOL! I also currently have a commission in the works to pick up at Baltimore Comic Con. Wouldn't mind checking out other Usagi Yojimbo collections that are out there so just send me a follow on instagram at anerdfrombklyn and I'll follow back of course. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of u and share some stories, take care!!!!
Edgar R.
Edgar718

Postby Kaimuki » Mon Jul 01, 2019 19:39 +0000

Edgar718 wrote:Whats up everyone!

My name's Edgar from NYC. I was always a big TMNT fan and in May of this year I said to myself why not check out the "samurai bunny" I remember from the comics/cartoon crossovers and I was blown away!!! Between the art and stories I was instantly hooked! Fast forward two months later I own probably every exclusive figure, series one statue set from Roku Toys, fantagraphics #1 and last week just got my CGC graded 8.0 Albedo #2 so I guess you can say I dove in head first LOL! I also currently have a commission in the works to pick up at Baltimore Comic Con. Wouldn't mind checking out other Usagi Yojimbo collections that are out there so just send me a follow on instagram at anerdfrombklyn and I'll follow back of course. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of u and share some stories, take care!!!!

Welcome to the dojo Edgar!
WOW you have collected all of that already??? And in only 2 months!?!?
LOL!! Albedo #2!! Congrats Edgar!!!
You are off to an amazing start!! :D
Kaimuki

Postby estee » Mon Jul 01, 2019 20:31 +0000

Edgar718 wrote:Whats up everyone!

Talk about hitting the ground running with being a fan! Congrats all around.

The Albedo #2 must have put you back a few shekles. Wont ask how much. The unwritten of the board. :D
estee

Postby Mayhem » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:59 +0000

Running? Usain Bolting more like :lol:

Welcome and keep reading ;)
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Maka » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:05 +0000

Dear Edgar,

Wow! I agree with the rest of the dojo. What a way to jump in and get the holy grail! But now you have to track down the limited edition hardcovers and Saga books. ;) :lol:

As you discovered, Usagi is one of the best story universes to explore. It is so rich and rewarding. Welcome to dojo! You will find friends here. Peace, maka
Maka

Postby maichan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:33 +0000

すごいね!
< Sugoi ne! >
WOW!

Talk about diving right in! Haha! I hereby bestow the honorable title of Eager Edgar upon you! :wink: All in jest of course!

Welcome to the Dojo, and the wonderful world of Usagi Yojimbo. You've got a lot of reading to get caught up on, but I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute of it.

If you want to see some of our collections, just hop on over to the Stan Sakai Art Gallery for a look, and feel free to start your own gallery thread. :D
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Stan Sakai » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:41 +0000

Welcome, Edgar. I guess Julie and I will see you in Baltimore!
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby Edgar718 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 15:31 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:Welcome, Edgar. I guess Julie and I will see you in Baltimore!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and I definitely look forward to meeting you both in Baltimore!!!
Edgar R.
Edgar718

Postby kamandi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:21 +0000

Hi, everyone!

I'm a new member to the board but I've been reading Usagi for a while. It's one of my all-time favorite books. I mostly grew up reading super-hero books but actually read a lot of 'kids books' too. So Usagi in some ways feels like it's combining the style of those 'funny animal' type books with the action & adventure I would get from the super-hero books. I've mostly lost interest in the 'mainstream' comics of Marvel & DC but I still love Usagi.

John Q
kamandi

Postby maichan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 +0000

kamandi wrote:Hi, everyone!

I'm a new member to the board but I've been reading Usagi for a while. It's one of my all-time favorite books. I mostly grew up reading super-hero books but actually read a lot of 'kids books' too. So Usagi in some ways feels like it's combining the style of those 'funny animal' type books with the action & adventure I would get from the super-hero books. I've mostly lost interest in the 'mainstream' comics of Marvel & DC but I still love Usagi.

John Q

Welcome to the Dojo kamandi!

I've been reading comics for only 30 years, and I went through a 'mainstream' comics period with 'superheroes' and all that too. One thing that I stayed true to though is Usagi Yojimbo (as well as Groo and Hellboy). Over those 30 years I learned that Usagi Yojimbo has something for everyone, and the story and art never get dull - they just get better with age, like a good jar of Shōyu. Kanpai!
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Maka » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:27 +0000

Welcome to the Dojo John! We are glad you have joined. We have the best people here who love discussing Usagi/Stan Sakai/and all kinds of other cool things.

Usagi is the only continuing series comic that I have in my pull list at my local comic book store. The other stuff I get are mostly recommendations that Stan made on this discussion board through the years (Chris Schweizer, Sergio Aragones, and a bunch of others throughout the years) and independent/small press stuff.

Join the discussion, make new friends, and enjoy the news. Peace, maka
Maka

Postby Edgar718 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:18 +0000

Welcome John Q!!!!
Edgar R.
Edgar718

Previous

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum