EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Welcome New Members to the Usagi Yojimbo Dojoboard Forums

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Welcome New Members to the Usagi Yojimbo Dojoboard Forum

Postby Masterless Samurai » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:09 +0000

Thank you for the warm welcome Steve Hubbell! Also, thanks for sharing very interesting story about The River Rising with me! :)

I'm from Serbia. Unfortunately, we don't have Usagi Yojimbo publisher here, but Croatian BookGlobe publish nine Usagi books. The language is practically the same as Serbian, but, as far as I know, BookGlobe didn't start from first Usagi issues. Also, BookGlobe's books one and two are hard to get. :)
"It is not important to be better than someone else, but to be better than yesterday."
Masterless Samurai
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:51 +0000

Masterless Samurai wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome Steve Hubbell! Also, thanks for sharing very interesting story about The River Rising with me! :)

I'm from Serbia. Unfortunately, we don't have Usagi Yojimbo publisher here, but Croatian BookGlobe publish nine Usagi books. The language is practically the same as Serbian, but, as far as I know, BookGlobe didn't start from first Usagi issues. Also, BookGlobe's books one and two are hard to get. :)

The first seven books of Usagi Yojimbo: Zec Samuraj published by Bookglobe are the same initial seven books from Fantagraphics which make up the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition, starting with the very first Usagi story ever published, Zloduh iz Adachigahara, or The Goblin of Adachigahara under its English title. I believe Stan Sakai has stated that the Croatian translations were the very first foreign appearances of Usagi.

Of course the Fantagraphics Special Edition is a great place to start reading the older stories of Usagi. You get to meet all of Usagi's friends and acquaintances at the same time that he first meets them, and see how all those relationships evolve....
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Masterless Samurai » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:09 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:The first seven books of Usagi Yojimbo: Zec Samuraj published by Bookglobe are the same initial seven books from Fantagraphics which make up the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition, starting with the very first Usagi story ever published, Zloduh iz Adachigahara, or The Goblin of Adachigahara under its English title. I believe Stan Sakai has stated that the Croatian translations were the very first foreign appearances of Usagi.

Of course the Fantagraphics Special Edition is a great place to start reading the older stories of Usagi. You get to meet all of Usagi's friends and acquaintances at the same time that he first meets them, and see how all those relationships evolve....

Thanks, I appreciate the information you have provided me! If BookGlobe and Fantagraphics Special Edition have same content/stories I'll probably try harder to get Bookglobe books (first seven) if the price is right. I assume that is easier to read 150-170 pages books than 500-600 pages Fantagraphics Special Edition per book. :)
"It is not important to be better than someone else, but to be better than yesterday."
Masterless Samurai

Postby Steve Hubbell » Wed Jun 22, 2016 13:01 +0000

The nice thing about the UY Special Edition is that you get all seven books combined for one reasonably low price. Of course the Book globe editions are closer to your own language. Interesting choice. :D
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Masterless Samurai » Wed Jun 22, 2016 13:29 +0000

Agree, I haven't made decision yet. :D
Masterless Samurai

Postby Chopalong Slashity » Wed Jun 22, 2016 17:14 +0000

Welcome to the party, Masterless! (And hello again to everyone I'd already met, after being busy elsewhere for a while!)
Chopalong Slashity

Postby maichan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 17:40 +0000

Dear Masterless Samurai, Welcome to the Dojo!
It's always neat to welcome a new member, especially from another country.

The Dojo is a fun place, full of helpful and knowledgeable people.... as you've already learned.

Enjoy your stay! :D
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Masterless Samurai » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:24 +0000

Thank you all for welcoming me!
Masterless Samurai

Postby Eltanin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:21 +0000

Slightly late, I wish you a warm welcome as well.
Eltanin

Postby Masterless Samurai » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:56 +0000

Eltanin wrote:Slightly late, I wish you a warm welcome as well.

Thank you very much, Eltanin!
Masterless Samurai

Postby Maka » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:12 +0000

Welcome to the Dojo, MS! I like your profile picture. It seems familiar but I can't seem to put my hat on it. ;). Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby jabba359 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:35 +0000

Welcome! It's always good to get to know other Usagi fans from around the world. I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum! :mrgreen:
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Masterless Samurai » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:18 +0000

Maka wrote:Welcome to the Dojo, MS! I like your profile picture. It seems familiar but I can't seem to put my hat on it. ;). Peace, maka
:mrgreen: Thanks Maka! :)

jabba359 wrote:Welcome! It's always good to get to know other Usagi fans from around the world. I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum! :mrgreen:
Thanks for the kind words Jabba359! :)
Masterless Samurai

Postby dhfujii » Sat Jul 02, 2016 15:47 +0000

Hi Masterless Samurai. Welcome to the Dojo! It's interesting you brought up Book Globe. I was in contact with the Croatian Publisher not too long ago. We had exchanged e-mails and he was interested in publishing Usagi again but I think he was going through a big location move. Something about a fire, from what I can recall. Anyway, I e-mailed the foreign licensing department of Dark Horse and they should be taking care of that. Hopefully we can work something out with them soon!
dhfujii

Postby Masterless Samurai » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:14 +0000

dhfujii wrote:Hi Masterless Samurai. Welcome to the Dojo! It's interesting you brought up Book Globe. I was in contact with the Croatian Publisher not too long ago. We had exchanged e-mails and he was interested in publishing Usagi again but I think he was going through a big location move. Something about a fire, from what I can recall. Anyway, I e-mailed the foreign licensing department of Dark Horse and they should be taking care of that. Hopefully we can work something out with them soon!

Thanks Dhfujii! Great news, I would be delighted if BookGlobe can resume Usagi publishing! I decided to buy The Special Edition by Fantagraphics but also, I would like to read Usagi in similar language to mine. BookGlobe books are not costing a lot of money and it's pretty easy to find them in my country except books #1 and #2, so I'll give it a go.
Masterless Samurai

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum