EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Sasuke the Demon Queller

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Sasuke the Demon Queller

Postby OnitsukaTiger » Thu Feb 18, 2016 21:17 +0000

shaxper wrote:Sasuke has long been a favorite of mine. In my wildest dreams, I've often hoped that Stan would occasionally take breaks from Usagi to start intermittent solo series for characters like Sasuke and Inspector Ishida, who want to go on the kind of adventures that generally don't involve samurai.

I would love this. Those two characters are probably my favorite outside of Usagi's core group of people like Gen, Chizu, Tomoe, or Kitsune.

+1
OnitsukaTiger
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby miscatonic » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:49 +0000

I believe Sasuke fans should pay particular attention to the beginning of the next volume from IDW.
Host of The Ronin Rabbit podcast.
miscatonic

Postby lookatyouhacker » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:43 +0000

The first issue of the IDW series is out now and it began with him fighting a swarm of demons. That's right... He's ba-ack!
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Postby lookatyouhacker » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:55 +0000

And I"ll be honest with you guys, I really feel bad for him. He keeps on overexerting himself every time he battles demons. Lord Shoki even says that his life force is nearly drained, yet he sends him off on another mission anyways. He never seems to be able to catch a break.
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Postby Texcap » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:27 +0000

Very cool to see so many fellow Sasuke fans. I've long felt that, like so many other characters that Stan has created, that he could hold a series all his own. I've extremely grateful we've gotten to see him as well written as many times as we have.

It made my day to see him show up again in UY #1 (IDW) this last month. What a time to be a Usagi fan, eh?
Texcap

Previous

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum