EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Merchandise and Prints!

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Usagi Merchandise and Prints!

Postby Lobster Johnson » Fri Mar 11, 2016 15:03 +0000

Mr-Redgie wrote:Loving this thread, and with some really nice responses

If I can give my suggestions:

More Limited Edition Prints
Roku series 3 statues (including Sasuke and Inspector Ishida)
Sideshow collectible statues
Maybe some Mondo statues too (example - http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles ... do-902635/)
Jabba's awesome T-shirt design
A book of covers / end-papers
Gallery Edition 3
Series of Hot Toys Mini Cosbaby (example - http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail ... ductID=164)
Usagi Lego play set :D
More plushies (example - https://forbiddenplanet.com/194594-ghos ... stay-puft/)
A good Usagi key ring

More quality Usagi products can only be a great thing!

Dave

I'd be satisfied with just some UY action figures. I love taking pictures of my action figures fighting and hanging out, and it would be great to have the Usagi characters as part of that. :D
Lobster Johnson
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby go » Fri Mar 11, 2016 19:11 +0000

Dear Reader,
Hat please?
Best wishes to all.
go
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby jabba359 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 15:39 +0000

Was just thinking today that an iron-on patch would be awesome. Usagi's clan crest, the chop logo, or Usagi himself would be cool and patches are relatively cheap to manufacture and don't take up much space, making them easy to transport to conventions. I got the idea after looking at some Hellboy/BPRD patches. I wish there was a patch of the actual Hellboy character (there was a BSA jamboree patch, but those are limited, expensive, and have all the jamboree text on them).

Hellboy patches.jpg
Hellboy patches.jpg (49.53 KiB) Viewed 7212 times

Also, while I was at a convention the other week, I asked about prints and the feedback I got was that doing a limited print run is a good way to go. Signed would be cool, but at the very least numbered. Just numbering would be a good way to not take up Stan's work time since someone else can number them. Besides, he can sign them on a one by one basis at conventions. Another way to keep them limited without numbering is to have a couple prints that are just made available for that year. I believe Mike Mignola does it this way, where he introduces a couple limited prints near the beginning of the year and at the end of the year they are discontinued. He then makes a couple new prints for the next year. By doing this, he only has to carry a few different prints at a time (no big back catalog of prints to manage), creates a scarcity which drives sales (if you want the print, you better get it now because it won't be around at next year's convention), and also keeps the inventory fresh by having all new material each year.

Lastly, I'd like to see a book of the sketchbooks all collected together. Those first few are really hard to find.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sun Mar 13, 2016 21:44 +0000

More prints are always nice, but as someone who already has more prints and art than I have wall space for, how about a nice comprehensive coffee table book with full-color reproductions of all the prints that have already been released? And is it feasible to market a custom "Usagi" art portfolio to store all the prints and original artwork that has not found wall space yet?
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Maka » Sun Mar 13, 2016 22:05 +0000

How about custom death head bubbles? Send in your picture and get your own personalized death head bubble on a patch, t-shirt, coaster, hat, sticker.

I'm kidding. I'm kidding. :)

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby nekobasu380 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:12 +0000

How about some Usagi post cards? It may be old-fashioned given the prevalence of instant messaging and email, but they still exist (I'm into postcrossing lately and I'm getting the hang of it).
nekobasu380

Postby Stan Sakai » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:39 +0000

There will be Usagi caps in May. However, it will be a one-time printing and will not be offered again. I will get you details after everything is confirmed.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby go » Thu Mar 24, 2016 13:16 +0000

Dear Sensei Sakai,
Thank you very much.
Best wishes to all.
go
go
Shinobi<Special Ninja Agent>

Postby maichan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 20:00 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:There will be Usagi caps in May. However, it will be a one-time printing and will not be offered again. I will get you details after everything is confirmed.

This is good news.
I look forward to further announcements.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Maka » Fri Mar 25, 2016 18:46 +0000

This news makes me very happy! Thank you for making a new Usagi hat! I will definitely buy one. Peace, maka
Maka

Postby jabba359 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:43 +0000

Just in case anybody isn't on Facebook or misses this post, Stan's professional page wrote:

There is a new Usagi cap coming out from Nogginwear. Preorder it now for a $5 discount.

http://www.nogginwear.com/stansakai/

Sounds like it'll be a baseball/golf style hat, with the design on it to still be completed.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Gaffey » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:24 +0000

jabba359 wrote:with the design on it to still be completed.

So it's not going to be the chop design?

Thanks for posting the link.
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby jabba359 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:05 +0000

Gaffey wrote:
jabba359 wrote:with the design on it to still be completed.

So it's not going to be the chop design?

Thanks for posting the link.

Stan said in the comments of the post, "I have not drawn the design yet."

Whether or not that means a new "chop" design, or something else altogether, I'm not sure.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Mayhem » Sat Apr 02, 2016 14:05 +0000

Something inspired by my trivia contest this week. Anyone just buying the trades won't get to see any of the great art on the back of most of the individual issues. I wonder if there's an opportunity and possible demand to collect a load of that coloured art in a book perhaps?
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Postby OnitsukaTiger » Sat Apr 02, 2016 15:47 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Something inspired by my trivia contest this week. Anyone just buying the trades won't get to see any of the great art on the back of most of the individual issues. I wonder if there's an opportunity and possible demand to collect a load of that coloured art in a book perhaps?

I would absolutely buy a book featuring individual cover art. All I have are the omnis. I wish this concept was more popular. I want something like this for Hellboy too but doubt it'll happen.
OnitsukaTiger

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum