EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi in TMNT

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Usagi in TMNT

Postby Sketch » Thu Sep 14, 2017 18:02 +0000

I kindly ask the universe for a T.V. series/movie of Usagi Yojimbo. So many characters need the limelight someday like Gen! That would be awesome!
Could we please see a Usagi Yojimbo Television Series? I think if it was made just like these past 3 episodes then that would be an awesome series!

I just saw all three episodes of Usagi Yojimbo: The Animated Series guest starring the Ninja Turtles...oops sorry, I mean why not? The animation is so natural for something like this to happen. It is something I have dreamed of ever since I read my first Usagi comic. Miyamoto Usagi has been around for 30+ years now. It is time for him to have his light shine on us for a while. The Turtles are great, but Usagi has a whole world that needs to be enjoyed by a new generation who can experience him in a new way. So, I will be the third person to ask: Can we please have a Usagi Yojimbo Animated Series? Oh by the way, the Kappa Warriors can visit anytime!!!
Sketch
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Rustyblade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 21:26 +0000

Treadwell wrote:I'm happy for Seth Green to have a fun gig like this, but it's hard for me to suspend disbelief when Leonardo is talking. I just hear Seth Green. I see someone else did it at first.

Lol this. I loved these 3 eps, also my first time watching this version of tmnt, and Seth Green doing Leo's voice bugged me so much :lol: They should of casted him as one of the brothers but not Leo! His voice just doesnt fit that of the leader, but being born in 88 and growing up with the first movies and animated series I have a really specific tone I expect from Leo that Seth cant fulfill.
Rustyblade

Postby Sketch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:29 +0000

Rumours have been circulating in recent weeks as to Biggs’ future in the hit animated franchise, with Dominic Catrambone voicing the character in recent episodes.

So why the change?

When Metro contacted a Nickeldeon spokesperson for comment, we were told: ‘Jason is pursuing other projects and we wish him the best.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/19/jason-big ... z4skIPgD8g

I am not a huge fan of when actors no longer decide to follow through on contracts for a T.V. Show or Movie. It is irritating. For whatever reason it happens without consideration to the fans on either part of the actor or studio. It took me a while to stomach hearing Seth Green's attempt to channel Leonardo. I prefer Jason Bigg's or Dominic Catrambone's Leo voice over Seth's. Some people have a cartoon voice and others do not. You either have it or you don't.
Sketch

Postby Rustyblade » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:32 +0000

Whaaat, Biggs did the voice before Seth! Damn I can see his voice being better for the role than Green. Yeah its annoying when voice actors change after one being in the role for multiple seasons.
Rustyblade

Postby jabba359 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 16:43 +0000

I know, an old thread, but it seemed like the most appropriate place for this TMNT animated series related book.

When browsing the Usagi books section https://www.darkhorse.com/Usagi/Books of the Dark Horse website today, I noticed they list the upcoming Art of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles book https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3001-363/The-Art-of-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-HC. I assume it'll have some Usagi production art since they listed it under the Usagi "zone" of the website.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Stan Sakai » Fri Jan 25, 2019 22:12 +0000

jabba359 wrote:I know, an old thread, but it seemed like the most appropriate place for this TMNT animated series related book.

When browsing the Usagi books section https://www.darkhorse.com/Usagi/Books of the Dark Horse website today, I noticed they list the upcoming Art of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles book https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3001-363/The-Art-of-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-HC. I assume it'll have some Usagi production art since they listed it under the Usagi "zone" of the website.

I believe it will print the Usagi art done by Ciro Nieli, who produced the series. The art was used for a print by Mondo.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby jabba359 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 22:48 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:I believe it will print the Usagi art done by Ciro Nieli, who produced the series. The art was used for a print by Mondo.

Ah, maybe not worth a purchase for me then. I was hoping it would include some of the art you produced for your episodes.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby lookatyouhacker » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:29 +0000

Gi_Ra wrote:Could we please see a Usagi Yojimbo Television Series? I think if it was made just like these past 3 episodes then that would be an awesome series!

Gauntamout has been working on one since last February.
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Previous

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum