EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi TMNT figure in Stores?

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: Usagi TMNT figure in Stores?

Postby jabba359 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 +0000

No worries, it can get a bit confusing. I'm pretty sure everybody I know that found the blue 6" Usagi found it at Target as well. Walmart has occasionally shown it in stock on brickseek.com (an inventory checker), but I was never able to translate that into finding it on store shelves.

Thanks for the heads up on Big Lots. I'm not sure that I need another one, but may take a look since Gaffey needs one.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Gaffey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 14:38 +0000

Please don't go out of your way for me. If I find one then I might pick it up. I'll be content with the Sakai version. 8)

I would like to see a side by side of the two figures Otter has. I looked at over 20 figures on eBay and none of them have dark eyebrows.
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby maichan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 15:59 +0000

Thanks for the updates guys.

The "blue" Usagi should also have been available at Toys R US. I never saw one there, or anywhere, but I did see the Turtles at TRU.

I stopped by one Big Lots during lunch. They had 'some' TMNT figures, but none from the series with Usagi. The retail price of what they did have was $10. I think that is more than elsewhere, and here I thought Big Lots was supposed to have discounted prices.

Regarding the eye brows.... I noticed the Stan Sakai Exclusive has an eye brow over the right eye & scar on the left. This seems to be the same as the SDCC version.

I have not seen any blister card versions with an eye brow.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Gaffey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 17:05 +0000

I'll stop by Big Lots tomorrow on my way to Home Depot. I've never been in there, but it's worth a try.
Gaffey

Postby Otter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:21 +0000

Gaffey wrote:
I would like to see a side by side of the two figures Otter has. I looked at over 20 figures on eBay and none of them have dark eyebrows.

Not sure how to share photos. Do I need to upload them to an image hosting site first, or is there a quicker way?
Even if the breath between us smells of alcohol,
Call it confusion in the best way possible.
Otter
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Trevis Woods » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:54 +0000

I finally found one in St. Louis at a JC Penny store. It was damaged but it has still been the one and only figure I have ever seen in a store. I had an easier time finding Gen a few years ago when those figures were released.
I have checked other JC Penny stores with no luck. Larger metro areas seem to have been more up to date on their stock. Many of the smaller JC Penny, Toys R Us, K-Mart and Big Lots that I have checked have had figures from over a year ago wtih no new inventory.
Target near where I live had the new figures but only one case at a time which meant only 1 Usagi figure every month or so. I keep seeing people have mentioned the blue figure at WalMart but I also have never seen it.
I'm assuming that since these figures were released back in July/August that they have kind of run their course. Is anybody still finding new boxes of these getting stocked on shelves? I know I keep seeing new figures popping up on ebay everyday so maybe they are still being ordered.
Trevis Woods

Postby Gaffey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:13 +0000

Otter wrote:
Gaffey wrote:

Not sure how to share photos. Do I need to upload them to an image hosting site first, or is there a quicker way?
For a quick one time photo you can use http://postimages.org. Drag your image onto the page, then copy the Direct link it creates at the bottom of the page and post it on this thread. Be sure to put [img]Usagi-picture-link-goes-here[/img] around the link.
Gaffey

Postby Gaffey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 +0000

Gaffey wrote:I'll stop by Big Lots tomorrow on my way to Home Depot. I've never been in there, but it's worth a try.

I stopped by a few stores on my way to Home Depot.

Big Lots - They don't sell TMNT toys
Walmart - Usagi with horse
Target - Usagi with horse
Home Depot - No Usagi figures!
Gaffey

Postby maichan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 13:23 +0000

Gaffey wrote:Home Depot - No Usagi figures!

Say what?!?!
That's just wrong!!!
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Otter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 13:51 +0000

Gaffey wrote:For a quick one time photo you can use http://postimages.org. Drag your image onto the page, then copy the Direct link it creates at the bottom of the page and post it on this thread. Be sure to put [img]Usagi-picture-link-goes-here[/img] around the link.

Thanks, I'll give it a crack.
Otter

Postby jabba359 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 17:56 +0000

No luck at my Walmart or Big Lots.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Kaimuki » Tue Dec 05, 2017 19:30 +0000

I went to my local Big Lots today, they had lots of TMNT figures with Usagi's picture on the card however no actual Usagi figure in stock.
My friend who lives in the next city over texted me a photo though, he went to his local Big Lots and scored one :shock:

My local Big Lots:

My friend found one at his local store...lucky guy!!
Kaimuki

Postby Otter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:59 +0000

Apologies for the lack of photography skills, but the difference should be apparent.
Otter

Postby Gaffey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:59 +0000

Interesting. I went to the TMNT forum to see if any of the collectors were discussing this variant. I couldn't find it if they were.
Gaffey

Postby Maka » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:34 +0000

The one I have doesn't have the dark eyebrow. That's cool that there is a variant. Peace, maka
Maka

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum