EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

TMNT/USAGI HARDCOVER (SOLD OUT)

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: TMNT/USAGI HARDCOVER (SOLD OUT)

Postby Stan Sakai » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:29 +0000

Maka wrote:
Stan Sakai wrote:
Trevis Woods wrote:Any idea when these will be available on the website shop?
I don't want to miss out on one...Love this cover!
Thanks!

We have not received our copies yet but they will go up soon after we do. We ordered a lot of these variants so there is no danger of us selling out quickly.

Dear Stan, do you have any issues of the Usagi / TMNT Sakai cover variant softcover comic? I was going to order it with the sakai variant hardcover. But I noticed it was no longer available on the website. Thanks. Peace, maka

We are sold out in Temecula but I am still in Hawaii and I had brought some when we were guests at the Maui Con in October and had ten left. I'll bring a couple back home with me. You caught me at the right time because I am flying back to California today.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby jabba359 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 14:27 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
Maka wrote:Dear Stan, do you have any issues of the Usagi / TMNT Sakai cover variant softcover comic? I was going to order it with the sakai variant hardcover. But I noticed it was no longer available on the website. Thanks. Peace, maka

We are sold out in Temecula but I am still in Hawaii and I had brought some when we were guests at the Maui Con in October and had ten left. I'll bring a couple back home with me. You caught me at the right time because I am flying back to California today.

Yeah, I'm happy you'll get one Maka! :D

Have a safe flight Stan!
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue Mar 27, 2018 14:51 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
Trevis Woods wrote:Any idea when these will be available on the website shop?
I don't want to miss out on one...Love this cover!
Thanks!

We have not received our copies yet but they will go up soon after we do. We ordered a lot of these variants so there is no danger of us selling out quickly.

That is good to hear. I was worried that IDW might have "forgotten" to save your variants for you and were selling all of them at Wondercon..... :)
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Maka » Tue Mar 27, 2018 17:02 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
Maka wrote:
Dear Stan, do you have any issues of the Usagi / TMNT Sakai cover variant softcover comic? I was going to order it with the sakai variant hardcover. But I noticed it was no longer available on the website. Thanks. Peace, maka

We are sold out in Temecula but I am still in Hawaii and I had bought some when we were guests at the Maui Con in October and had ten left. I'll bring a couple back home with me. You caught me at the right time because I am flying back to California today.

I glad I asked! :) Thanks, Stan! Safe travels and welcome back to the mainland. Mahalo! maka
Maka

Postby jabba359 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 17:23 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:
Stan Sakai wrote:We have not received our copies yet but they will go up soon after we do. We ordered a lot of these variants so there is no danger of us selling out quickly.

That is good to hear. I was worried that IDW might have "forgotten" to save your variants for you and were selling all of them at Wondercon..... :)

That's exactly why I bought a copy at WonderCon, just in case.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby jabba359 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 20:29 +0000

Stan, I know originally the hardcover Sakai Exclusive was supposed to be limited to 150 copies, of which there were going to be 100 signed/numbered and 50 remarqued/numbered. When you say you ordered "a lot", it sounds like you may have gotten a larger quantity than was planned for that first version. Are there plans to offer any limited versions (such as remarqued copies)? When purchasing, will people be able to get them either signed or unsigned? I had a couple people inquiring on the Facebook Dojo page.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Trevis Woods » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:53 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Stan, I know originally the hardcover Sakai Exclusive was supposed to be limited to 150 copies, of which there were going to be 100 signed/numbered and 50 remarqued/numbered. When you say you ordered "a lot", it sounds like you may have gotten a larger quantity than was planned for that first version. Are there plans to offer any limited versions (such as remarqued copies)? When purchasing, will people be able to get them either signed or unsigned? I had a couple people inquiring on the Facebook Dojo page.

Great question! Especially since I just ordered mine from the Usagi shop yesterday. The description in the store states they will all be signed and a card from the Mysteries HC will also be included! I requested mine to be signed just in case and I also ordered a signed 101 cover print.
If there are other options for signed/numbered or remarqued please let me know if I need to do something different with my order.
Thanks!
Trevis Woods
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby maichan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:54 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Stan, I know originally the hardcover Sakai Exclusive was supposed to be limited to 150 copies, of which there were going to be 100 signed/numbered and 50 remarqued/numbered. When you say you ordered "a lot", it sounds like you may have gotten a larger quantity than was planned for that first version. Are there plans to offer any limited versions (such as remarqued copies)? When purchasing, will people be able to get them either signed or unsigned? I had a couple people inquiring on the Facebook Dojo page.

Great question! And going by Trevis Woods' post from this morning, it appears the TMNT X UY SAKAI VARIANT, HARDCOVER (2018) autographed by Stan, is in the shop now. I'd like to get a remarqued copy, but not knowing if they'll be offered online has me a little anxious, wondering if I should order the autographed copy so I don't miss out... :|
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Stan Sakai » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:39 +0000

Daniel ordered 500 copies so there should be no shortage of books for Dojo members. There will not be different tiers--blank, signed, remarqued--as there were for the Sakai Variant toys. They will all be signed and remarqued, that is signed with a quick sketch.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby maichan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:51 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:

Daniel ordered 500 copies so there should be no shortage of books for Dojo members. There will not be different tiers--blank, signed, remarqued--as there were for the Sakai Variant toys. They will all be signed and remarqued, that is signed with a quick sketch.

Cool! Thanks Stan! I will get an order placed after work today.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Kaimuki » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:23 +0000

SWEET!! Just ordered a copy for myself. Thanks Stan!
Kaimuki

Postby Trevis Woods » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:44 +0000

Received mine a couple days ago! Looks great! Also picked up a print of cover 101 which has been on my want list for a long time.
Shipped really quick and packaged safely.
Trevis Woods

Postby maichan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 20:10 +0000

Did any of you get receive a shipping notice when your book shipped? I haven't gotten my book yet and was wondering how long it took to arrive for you? I ordered mine on April 2.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Gaffey » Wed Apr 11, 2018 20:53 +0000

My copy just appeared on the front porch on Sunday. No shipping notice.

The recycling has already been picked up so I can't tell you when it was shipped.
Gaffey

Postby Maka » Wed Apr 11, 2018 21:30 +0000

No shipping notification for mine. Good luck!
Maka

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum