EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

UY #164 (possible spoilers)

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

UY #164 (possible spoilers)

Postby richarddragon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 +0000

Is it bad form to discuss a recently released comic, even with the spoilers warning, or is it OK?
Now would I cheat a friend?
richarddragon
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: UY #164 (possible spoilers)

Postby jabba359 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:55 +0000

I think it's okay, especially with "possible spoilers" in the thread title. If somebody decides to read the thread, they're going into it knowing spoilers await.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby richarddragon » Sat Dec 09, 2017 20:29 +0000

I'll take your word for it :D

So, having read the last issues, I seriously fear Stan might shock us by showing cute little Nii is actually a criminal - maybe Nezumi, hopefully not the Master.

It began with issue #163 when, out of the blue, Usagi and Ishida praise Nii. And in this issue we had Usagi joking about Nii being Nezumi.

It might be just a red herring, and Nii's truly surprised face gives me hope I'm wrong.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?
richarddragon

Postby Trevis Woods » Sun Dec 10, 2017 16:06 +0000

At first After reading 163 I was almost certain Nii was Nezumi but after reading 164 I think Nii is the Master. Looking back through issue 162, Nii does something very specific that makes me think he is the Master. Plus I don't think he can be Nezumi because of the spot around his eye. I think that would be seen even with his mask on.
I love how Stan has tied all of this together. Brilliant stuff as usual. Can't wait to read the next issue!!!
Trevis Woods

Postby richarddragon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 18:42 +0000

Trevis Woods wrote:At first After reading 163 I was almost certain Nii was Nezumi but after reading 164 I think Nii is the Master. Looking back through issue 162, Nii does something very specific that makes me think he is the Master.

Aw don't get my hopes down. Lol

I know what you're referring to, but I think the last page of 159 fits better.
Trevis Woods wrote:Plus I don't think he can be Nezumi because of the spot around his eye. I think that would be seen even with his mask on.

My daughter (she's 9) also said that. Great minds?
Trevis Woods wrote:I love how Stan has tied all of this together. Brilliant stuff as usual. Can't wait to read the next issue!!!

It can't come soon enough :)
richarddragon

Postby richarddragon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 18:51 +0000

Just an afterthought after re-reading #164: I'm almost positive Nii is Nezumi and Chief Inspector Ito is the Master. His desperation to get Nezumi at all costs smells fishy. Plus, he would have better criminal connections than an inexperienced officer. Also, I can see Nii being soft-hearted enough to be Nezumi.

Re-reading their first appearances, both could be the Master if you approach them with that mindset. But like I said, I don't see Nii having that time and intellect to have amassed such a large operation in such a short period of time. Besides, he seems devoted enough to Ishida.
richarddragon

Postby Maka » Mon Dec 11, 2017 0:06 +0000

I don't think Nii is Nezumi. But I don't know who is.

I have no idea who the master is but Ito seems too obvious of a choice, to me,

I'm just happy to see Nezumi use hanafuda cards to fight. Many years ago, I wrote on the boards an idea of using hanafuda cards as a calling card/clues for murders. Stan liked the idea and asked me to use the idea (which I immediately gave to Stan). viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1886&p=11460&hilit=hanafuda#p11460 This isn't that story but I'm glad hanafuda cards have finally made it into an Usagi issue. And Stan said he wanted to tell a few more Inspector Ishida stories. Stan's done that and more. Thanks, Stan! :)

This is a great story reminds me a little of the movie Iron Monkey. Maybe Toto is Nezumi, have you seen him fight with a fish? ;)

Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Lobster Johnson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 17:26 +0000

Apologies for my lateness, but I'm just catching up on new comics. I'm very curious to see how the Nezumi story will play out, but even more so to see what Nii is up to (if anything).
I'm really enjoying the dialogue between Usagi and Ishida. It's always fun to see that Ishida is plenty tough too, and even has some tricks Usagi doesn't know.
Lobster Johnson

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum