EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Yojimbo Wristwatch Questions

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Usagi Yojimbo Wristwatch Questions

Postby adventuremaster18 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 13:45 +0000

Hello there, I'm kinda new here as I only really started getting into Usagi Yojimbo earlier this year and just joined the forum, so if this post is in the wrong place or somethings wrong with it, I apologize. So I recently went to my local Vintage Stock, which is essentially the place where I buy most of my dvds, video games, blurays, comics, etc. They also have a lot of toys and collectables, but I usually don't purchase them. However, I came across a Usagi Yojimbo Wristwatch for the price of about $15 and I just has to get it. The container is in very poor condition as there's a bit a of tape residue, some scratches, and the fabric at the bottom is starting to fall off, however, the watch itself looks like it hasn't even been taken out and it's apparently number 912 out of 1000. It says limited edition, so is this rare? When did it come out? Does the fact that it is in rough condition mean it's not worth much or did the people who sold me this just have no idea what it was worth? I'd just like to know more about it.

Pictures:
https://i.imgur.com/yR8UCFO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/z39ylI5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9qNOOJT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/O32G2sy.jpg
adventuremaster18
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Usagi Yojimbo Wristwatch Questions

Postby Maka » Tue Jul 31, 2018 14:48 +0000

Dear adventuremaster,

You got a great deal! There were only 1000 of these made. Usagi seems to be more collectable today than ever before. Just look at these last Abedo #2 issues on eBay. Crazy. You did very well. I'm sure a bunch of people here would love to buy that watch for $15.

I wear my usagi watch every day and it still works. I had to repair the crown once. Replaced the battery every couple of years. The strap is difficult to replace because of the different sizes of connection (the limited metal piece has a larger connector, so I just removed this). I accidently forgot to take it off when I went swimming in Lake Tahoe last week but it still works. It's very scratched up but is still very cool.

Congratulations on your find!

Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Mayhem » Tue Jul 31, 2018 15:12 +0000

Welcome :)

You can usually find an example of the watch on eBay. I’d say even in that condition, $15 was good value!
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Kaimuki » Tue Jul 31, 2018 17:12 +0000

Hi! Awesome find for $15!
The watch was released in the year 2000 & retail price was $50.

As for what it is worth... it's worth what ever people are willing to pay I guess.
There are some on ebay & amazon where people are asking outrageous prices but I I've never seen it sell for what they are asking.
I did see 2 of them close on ebay in the last year in the $70-$80 price range & they were brand new.
Kaimuki

Postby adventuremaster18 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 17:26 +0000

Thanks for the replies everyone, I was really curious about the watch and how much it was worth. Thanks for answering my questions!
adventuremaster18

Postby lloris » Sun Aug 26, 2018 14:48 +0000

Totally worth it!
Yeah man, there is so much fun there. This place a little slice of heaven for me. That is right, better italian.grand.prix.com online. This ain't joke.
lloris

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum