EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

2019 Convention Schedule

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

2019 Convention Schedule

Postby Stan Sakai » Thu Feb 14, 2019 16:43 +0000

I'm getting a late start on conventions this year. I'll be adding to this list as more conventions are confirmed.

San Diego Comic Fest--March 8-10.
https://www.sdcomicfest.org

Pyrkon-- Poznan, Poland--April 26-28
https://pyrkon.pl/en/
Emi and I will be traveling in Europe right after this

Comic Con Revolution: Ontario--Ontario, CA May 18-19
https://comicconrevolution.com/ontario/

Heroes Convention--Charlotte, NC June 14-16
http://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon/

Comic-Con International: San Diego (aka San Diego Comic-Con) July 17-21
https://www.comic-con.org/cci

Fan Expo Canada--Toronto, August 22-25 (Julie, Emi, and me)
https://www.fanexpocanada.com/en/home.html

Other Realms Comics & Games--Honolulu, HI September 14. (Julie and me)
https://www.other-realms.com

Baltimore Comic-Con--October 18-20 (Julie and me)
http://baltimorecomiccon.com

Lucca Comics & Games--Lucca, Italy October 30-November 3 (Emi and me)
https://www.luccacomicsandgames.com/it/lcg/home/
User avatar
Stan Sakai
Sensei
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:21 +0000

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby Gaffey » Thu Feb 14, 2019 19:30 +0000

Wow, Baltimore and Heroes in the same year. 8)
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby jabba359 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 20:43 +0000

San Diego Comic Fest is unexpected! Maybe I'll come down for a day or two if my work schedule permits.
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby Stan Sakai » Thu Feb 14, 2019 20:56 +0000

jabba359 wrote:San Diego Comic Fest is unexpected! Maybe I'll come down for a day or two if my work schedule permits.


Yes, this is something I decided on a couple days ago. Sergio and Mark will be there and I figured they can't have a Groo panel without me. I don't think I will be set up with a table there, though.
User avatar
Stan Sakai
Sensei
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:21 +0000

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby jabba359 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 21:13 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
jabba359 wrote:San Diego Comic Fest is unexpected! Maybe I'll come down for a day or two if my work schedule permits.


Yes, this is something I decided on a couple days ago. Sergio and Mark will be there and I figured they can't have a Groo panel without me. I don't think I will be set up with a table there, though.


Good to know. Maybe I'll hold off then. I'll see if maybe Adriel and Daniel are interested in going down the day of the Groo panel.
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby Maka » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:54 +0000

I bought a ticket for Saturday’s comic con revolution already. Sdcf might work, depending on the day of the panel. Life is a little busy but if we don’t make time for some fun, it will just pass us by. Peace, maka
User avatar
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 20:10 +0000
Location: California

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby Stan Sakai » Sat Feb 16, 2019 13:27 +0000

Maka wrote:I bought a ticket for Saturday’s comic con revolution already. Sdcf might work, depending on the day of the panel. Life is a little busy but if we don’t make time for some fun, it will just pass us by. Peace, maka


I have an appointment Friday early afternoon so plan to be at Comic Fest Friday afternoon until Sunday mid-afternoon. I want to stop off at the Marukai market on the way home. There is a lack of Japanese markets in Temecula.
User avatar
Stan Sakai
Sensei
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:21 +0000

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby jabba359 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 16:07 +0000

Looks like there will be a panel at San Diego Comic Fest on Sunday.

SDComicFestUY35.jpg
SDComicFestUY35.jpg (108.77 KiB) Viewed 699 times
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby Stan Sakai » Sat Mar 02, 2019 16:47 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Looks like there will be a panel at San Diego Comic Fest on Sunday.



Wow! I just heard about this a half hour ago!

I will also have a table in the dealers' room.

I will be at from Comic Fest Friday mid-morning to early afternoon Sunday.
User avatar
Stan Sakai
Sensei
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:21 +0000

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby Maka » Sat Mar 02, 2019 16:55 +0000

Awe, man. I don’t think I can make this work. I have a my 31st high school reunion the night before and Cheryl has to submit student report cards that weekend. Bummed to miss it but have fun! Peace, maka
User avatar
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 20:10 +0000
Location: California

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby Thomas Froehling » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
Pyrkon-- Poznan, Poland--April 26-28
https://pyrkon.pl/en/
Emi and I will be traveling in Europe right after this


Sensei, if your travelplans include Germany, especially Berlin, do not hesitate to ask for assistance; it would be my pleasure and honor to act as your guide here in Berlin again!
Greetings from overseas
_______________________________________
* Everybody is an alien.... in almost all parts of the universe !*
_______________________________________
User avatar
Thomas Froehling
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:38 +0000
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby Stan Sakai » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 +0000

Thomas Froehling wrote:
Stan Sakai wrote:
Pyrkon-- Poznan, Poland--April 26-28
https://pyrkon.pl/en/
Emi and I will be traveling in Europe right after this


Sensei, if your travelplans include Germany, especially Berlin, do not hesitate to ask for assistance; it would be my pleasure and honor to act as your guide here in Berlin again!


Thank you, Thomas. I would liked to have seen you again however, after Poznan, Emi and I will travel to Vienna and Budapest, two cities neither of us has visited.

Emi is in Italy right now because she found a great airfare on American last week (less than $500 round trip to Rome).
User avatar
Stan Sakai
Sensei
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:21 +0000

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby estee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:16 +0000

OMG! You're coming to Fan Expo in Toronto!

I have so much for you to sign!!!

I'm nerding out!! :D
Image
User avatar
estee
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:39 +0000
Location: Canada

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby jabba359 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 14:28 +0000

estee wrote:OMG! You're coming to Fan Expo in Toronto!

I have so much for you to sign!!!

I'm nerding out!! :D


Did I miss a post somewhere? I don't see that on his schedule.
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: 2019 Convention Schedule

Postby estee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 21:12 +0000

Stan in Toronto is on the Fan Expo page

https://www.fanexpocanada.com/en/guests ... ators.html
Image
User avatar
estee
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:39 +0000
Location: Canada

Next

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest