EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Is there any chance of NECA doing an Usagi action figure?

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Is there any chance of NECA doing an Usagi action figure?

Postby OnitsukaTiger » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:09 +0000

The toy company NECA has slowly been releasing more and more TMNT action figures. They started with comic-style turtles about ten years ago or so and more recently have started to get into the movie, cartoon, and video game turtles figures with Playmates only allowing limited exclusives and convention releases. They currently have TMNT movie figures for sale at Gamestop and cartoon turtles 2-packs shipping to Target soon.This got me thinking about how totally incredible it would be to get a cartoon and/or comic style Usagi figure from NECA.

I was curious what the others think about this and for Stan if this is something he's ever considered before? I know there have been numerous Playmates figures over the years, the older antarctic press toys figures, and the now-cancelled 3A figure. NECA would do an incredible job with this and I'd love to see it. :o

Some pictures of what NECA has been releasing in the cartoon and video game style to give you all an idea of what their TMNT figures look like (for those who don't collect):

And this is their original comic-style turtles release:
OnitsukaTiger
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Is there any chance of NECA doing an Usagi action figure

Postby Otter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 18:29 +0000

I don't know if NECA would consider Usagi's appeal to be broad enough (and I'm not sure that Playmates would be willing to share their sales figures of the Usagi figures they did). Maybe the move to IDW could change that though.

If they did deem Usagi worth doing, it would undoubtedly be the version which appeared in the old cartoon, only two episodes from memory. I know I would prefer Usagi figures based on his own comic series, but I would definitely track down anything NECA decided to do.

I think our best hope for Usagi figures is a successful animated series. But NECA does amazing product, and I have a considerable collection of them. I'd add Usagi to the mix in a heartbeat (actually he'd be added to my Usagi figure collection, but you know what I mean ;) ).
Even if the breath between us smells of alcohol,
Call it confusion in the best way possible.
Otter

Re: Is there any chance of NECA doing an Usagi action figure

Postby Otter » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:09 +0000

Any chance that Stan has been having conversations with Brian Flynn from Super7 about Usagi and their new Ninja Turtles action figure series? I don't know why, but a Four Horsemen sculpted, classic Playmates toy inspired Usagi figure appeals to me more than a Fred Wolf cartoon inspired one (though I would like that too).
Even if the breath between us smells of alcohol,
Call it confusion in the best way possible.
Otter

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum