EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby Gaffey » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:33 +0000

Release date is June 19, 2019. That's three days after Stan attends HeroesCon in Charlotte. Boo! :(

Other than that... 8)

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190591

According to Previews, Daniel Warren Johnson's cover will be a 1 in 10 variant.

Image
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby Gaffey » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:38 +0000

And don't forget to get your free promo poster on April 10th. That's when they're scheduled to be in local comic shops.
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby Stan Sakai » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:53 +0000

Gaffey wrote:Release date is June 19, 2019. That's three days after Stan attends HeroesCon in Charlotte. Boo! :(

Other than that... 8)

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190591

According to Previews, Daniel Warren Johnson's cover will be a 1 in 10 variant.

Image


I hope to have some advance copies at HeroesCon.
User avatar
Stan Sakai
Sensei
 
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:21 +0000

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby Stan Sakai » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:54 +0000

Gaffey wrote:And don't forget to get your free promo poster on April 10th. That's when they're scheduled to be in local comic shops.


The promo posters will be the same image as the ComicsPros prints, but on much cheaper paper. However, I do hope to get some of those as well.
User avatar
Stan Sakai
Sensei
 
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:21 +0000

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby Mayhem » Sat Mar 23, 2019 15:04 +0000

Oh this is going to be fun... not... the incentives are 1:10, 1:25, and Kevin’s cover is 1:50 ! :o

Now if I’m lucky, Kevin might have copies of that in his fan club. eBay for the other two probably as apparently my LCS only gets in two copies of Usagi per issue.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
User avatar
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 2788
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:54 +0000
Location: London, England

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby jabba359 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 16:12 +0000

Mayhem wrote:Oh this is going to be fun... not... the incentives are 1:10, 1:25, and Kevin’s cover is 1:50 ! :o

Now if I’m lucky, Kevin might have copies of that in his fan club. eBay for the other two probably as apparently my LCS only gets in two copies of Usagi per issue.


Yeah, 1:25 and 1:50 won't be the easiest ratios to get ahold of. :?

By the way, where are you finding this info? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby Gaffey » Sat Mar 23, 2019 17:37 +0000

jabba359 wrote:By the way, where are you finding this info? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
I found it on Bleeding Cool. I did a Google search for 'Usagi Yojimbo incv' and it was the third link. INCV is the term PREVIEWS uses for incentive variants.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/22/transformers-ghostbusters-crossover-in-idw-full-june-2019-solicits/

Image
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby Mayhem » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:18 +0000

jabba359 wrote:By the way, where are you finding this info? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I just changed the number in the previews catalog link to the next consecutive numbers. Anything that can be requested via Diamond should be listed. If there's a genuine gap and page not found, it then usually means Retailer Exclusive or one that can't be directly ordered for some reason.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
User avatar
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 2788
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:54 +0000
Location: London, England

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby jabba359 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 22:14 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
Gaffey wrote:And don't forget to get your free promo poster on April 10th. That's when they're scheduled to be in local comic shops.


The promo posters will be the same image as the ComicsPros prints, but on much cheaper paper. However, I do hope to get some of those as well.


The IDW booth at WonderCon had a bunch of promo posters on cheaper paper, so I wonder if these are the same as what the comic shops will get. They also come folded into fourths, so definitely not quite as nice as the ComicsPro prints.

Image
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby estee » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:01 +0000

Cool!
Image
User avatar
estee
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:39 +0000
Location: Canada

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby maichan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 17:41 +0000

Yeah, that's cool! Neat to be here for the beginning of a new era in Usagi's stories.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 1930
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: A little Minka, somewhere in the countryside...

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby jabba359 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 16:26 +0000

Something Stan mentioned to me at SD Comic Fest that wasn't announced yet is about the Walter Simonson variant cover:
Order 25 copies and receive a free variant by Walt Simonson—half of a special edition connecting cover that will be completed with Ragnarok: The Breaking of Helheim #1, coming this July!


https://www.newsarama.com/44557-idw-pub ... tions.html
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby Stan Sakai » Mon Apr 01, 2019 16:43 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Something Stan mentioned to me at SD Comic Fest that wasn't announced yet is about the Walter Simonson variant cover:
Order 25 copies and receive a free variant by Walt Simonson—half of a special edition connecting cover that will be completed with Ragnarok: The Breaking of Helheim #1, coming this July!


https://www.newsarama.com/44557-idw-pub ... tions.html


Yes, it’s a “connecting cover”, that is, a double page spread that we both worked on. It’s not that I did half of it, and Walter did the other half. I roughed it out and inked his Thor character from Ragnarok and other parts of the art and he did Usagi and finished it,so both our work is throughout the 17x22” original. My cover will be used for a Ragnarok variant.

I just saw the finished inks, and it looks great! I had never collaborated this way, and it was fun. There will be a limited number of prints made for the dinner, but I don’t know if there are plans for it beyond that (aside from the actual covers).

The original art will be auctioned for a charity.
User avatar
Stan Sakai
Sensei
 
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:21 +0000

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby mrmikeryan108 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:52 +0000

Connecting covers are always fun, thanks for the info and the details. Can't wait to see it!
User avatar
mrmikeryan108
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:32 +0000

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 in Previews

Postby maichan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:22 +0000

*Retailer incentives:
Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Daniel Warren Johnson!
Order 25 copies and get one free variant cover by Walt Simonson!
Order 50 copies and get one free variant cover by Kevin Eastman!

I guessing most of the variant covers will be somewhat hard-to-get. My local comic book store is on the 'small side' and I assume they probably won't order more than 10. I'll have to keep my eyes open for other sources. I especially would like to get all the variants for issue number one.
I wonder if Stan will have any through his shop?
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 1930
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: A little Minka, somewhere in the countryside...

Next

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests