[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Usagi Yojimbo DojoBoard • View topic - We miss you, Tomoe.
EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

We miss you, Tomoe.

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: We miss you, Tomoe.

Postby maichan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:58 +0000

Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby maichan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:15 +0000

Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

maichan

Postby estee » Mon Jun 10, 2019 13:41 +0000

estee
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Angilasman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 15:44 +0000

You know, it can be hard for me to realize that a character has been gone for a long time because I'm always rereading old stories, either just because I felt like it or because I bought some sort of new edition.
Angilasman

Postby lookatyouhacker » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:49 +0000

Well, if there is to be a new series focusing on Usagi's supporting cast, similar to Sonic Universe, then maybe the Tomoe marriage would be better off being resolved in that instead. And if other creators are to lend to the project, then Eshbaal's would be an excellent contribution to it.

Still, I am a little curious about that other Usagi project slated for next year that is currently taking precidence, though. But I don't think Stan Sakai wants to spoil anything for us.
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Postby Maka » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:02 +0000

Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Maka » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 +0000

I’m hoping the unannounced project is something Stan mentioned in a podcast interview. But I don’t want to be the spoiler (and I have no insiders knowledge). Check out the IDW website for the link to the podcast and listen closely. :). At least, I think that is the one. Otherwise it’s the Culture Chat with Mimi Chan. Peace, maka
Maka

Postby lookatyouhacker » Tue Jun 11, 2019 16:31 +0000

I have actually listened to both of them and I'm not sure of either of them contains mentioning of the new project. Anyway, if a new series will focus on Usagi's supporting cast, do you think it's better for the Tomoe marriage subplot to be resolved in that rather than the main series, since Usagi's wanderings could end up being antagonistic to the amount of screen... er... page time that his friends get?
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Postby Eshbaal » Tue Jun 11, 2019 17:24 +0000

Eshbaal

Postby lookatyouhacker » Tue Jun 11, 2019 19:34 +0000

Last edited by lookatyouhacker on Wed Jun 12, 2019 14:32 +0000, edited 1 time in total.

lookatyouhacker

Postby lookatyouhacker » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:06 +0000

lookatyouhacker

Postby Maka » Thu Jun 13, 2019 15:31 +0000

Stan mentioned he wanted to do a war of the worlds series many years before he finally had the time to do Senso. For me, that was worth the wait. I really enjoyed that elsewhere-like tale (especially the death of Jei).

When I heard about the arraigned marriage of Tomoe, I was disappointed. I always hoped Usagi and Tomoe would get together (like they did in Mother of Mountains) in the end. But in Japanese takes, the happy ending is almost never realized.

Lookatyourhacker, I see your desire to have a new Tomoe story. It is natural to want to see loose ends tied up. And 14 years is a long time. But for me, admittedly a solid Stan Sakai fanboy, I want Stan to keep on making the stories he would like to read. I trust that Stan will get to the Tomoe story eventually. But in the meanwhile, I look forward to more stories about puppets, magic, hanafuda ninjas, and whatever else Usagi world takes place. And Usagi in color! Man, I’m looking forward to that!

The unannounced project I thought would be a chibi Usagi graphic novel. But I’m told by someone who knows more than me (which isn’t hard to find) that is probably not it. So i’ll guess that it is Usagi Yojimbo versus My Little Pony in a total IDW mashup battle!
Maka

Postby Angilasman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 17:48 +0000

^ Usagi vs. Popeye!

(Not sure if IDW still has the Popeye license?)
Angilasman

Postby lookatyouhacker » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:15 +0000

lookatyouhacker

Postby maichan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:14 +0000

Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

maichan

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum