EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1

Postby jabba359 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 13:13 +0000

(reposting because of the mysterious missing posts at page breaks phenomenon seems to have struck)

Back in early July, the second printing was announced by Bleeding Cool to arrive August 21, but then that date got bumped back to August 28, where it's stayed for quite a while. As of last week, it was still showing as arriving August 28th. Today, when I went to check this week's releases, Comic List is now showing it as TBD and PreviewsWorld isn't listing it on their August 28th release chart. So I guess it's been delayed even more? :|
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Trevis Woods » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:24 +0000

Previews World website is showing Issue 1 (2nd Printing) releasing next week on Sept 11,2019!!!
With Issue 4 hitting shops today we get back to back weeks of Usagi!
Trevis Woods
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby maichan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 +0000

Trevis Woods wrote:Previews World website is showing Issue 1 (2nd Printing) releasing next week on Sept 11,2019!!!

YAY!!!! ..........but I hope I'll be able to get a copy. My local comic book store is closing after 33 years of business and I haven't found a replacement shop yet... :cry:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Maka » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:44 +0000

Maichan, that sucks about your lcbs. I hope you find a new one that has good staff to connect with.

I didn’t get the reprint of #2 and I’m not sure if I will get a reprint of #1. I buy two issues of Usagi to support Stan (and it helps that I don’t have anything else in my pull). My store didn’t offer me a free replacement if #2 and the spine was not perfect on any of the issues, so I passed.

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby maichan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:08 +0000

Maka wrote:Maichan, that sucks about your lcbs. I hope you find a new one that has good staff to connect with.

I didn’t get the reprint of #2 and I’m not sure if I will get a reprint of #1. I buy two issues of Usagi to support Stan (and it helps that I don’t have anything else in my pull). My store didn’t offer me a free replacement if #2 and the spine was not perfect on any of the issues, so I passed.

Peace, maka

Thanks Maka.
I guess I took it for granted how lucky I was having this comic book store so close to me (only 10 minutes away).

They used to have 3 stores back when comics were strong. The original store was in Hawaiian Gardens, and later on there was another in Garden Grove. I'm pretty sure the one in Hawaiian Gardens was the one you told me was the first comic book store you ever visited. The guy that used to work there back then was Mark, so you probably met him back in the day. He was managing the Westminster store, where I shop, until just recently. He's a big Usagi fan, so in a way you & I have a connection with each other from way before we ever met.

I want to get this reprint because it is a new cover done by Stan, and since I already have just about all the variants, I can't not get this one.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby jabba359 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 14:01 +0000

Trevis Woods wrote:Previews World website is showing Issue 1 (2nd Printing) releasing next week on Sept 11,2019!!!

The weekly email from IDW also says the second printing is coming out next week. Since it has an all new cover, I'll get it. I've bought all the other covers, so don't want to quit when I'm only a single cover away from completion. :D
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Shadowfax » Thu Sep 05, 2019 13:27 +0000

jabba359 wrote: I've bought all the other covers, so don't want to quit when I'm only a single cover away from completion. :D

Does that mean you got your hands on a Slab City edition? Has anyone??

Shadowfacts
Shadowfax

Postby jabba359 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 13:38 +0000

Shadowfax wrote:
jabba359 wrote: I've bought all the other covers, so don't want to quit when I'm only a single cover away from completion. :D

Shadowfacts

Yes, I got one of Stan's comp copies at SDCC, as he had a few that looked to be undamaged.

The first shipment to Slab City were all damaged, so got reprinted and those were all damaged, then the root cause of damage was supposedly found so a third reprinting was made (only 200 copies this time) and were supposed to be shipped August 28th (I assume "shipped" meant shipped from IDW over to England). So, as far as I know, Slab City is waiting for these to show up so they can inspect them, bag them up, and then ship them out.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby miscatonic » Sun Sep 08, 2019 17:44 +0000

Shadowfax wrote:

Shadowfacts

Slab City announced via Facebook that their 3rd shipment had arrived and everything already paid should be sent out by tomorrow.
Host of The Ronin Rabbit podcast.
miscatonic

Postby jabba359 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 18:33 +0000

No luck with the second printing at the four shops I checked with. But a friend said his shop will order in some extra copies, so I'll just have to wait an extra couple weeks to get mine (plus one for somebody from the group buys that PM'd me about getting him a copy - I have to check my messages to remember who).
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby maichan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:03 +0000

jabba359 wrote:No luck with the second printing at the four shops I checked with. But a friend said his shop will order in some extra copies, so I'll just have to wait an extra couple weeks to get mine (plus one for somebody from the group buys that PM'd me about getting him a copy - I have to check my messages to remember who).

I was able to get one copy from my LCBS. They only ordered a few - all were customer requests.

2019-09-12_09-54-54 by Michael Foertsch, on Flickr

Another shop I deal with said they can order some for delivery in two weeks.

I've been told in the past, that shops don't need to order a given set amount of books, they can order 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 copies or more (any anything in between). To the best of my knowledge, anyone's local shop should be able to order as few or as many copies as requested. So anyone wanting to still get a copy, talk to you local shop(s) to see if they can order a copy or two for you. :D
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Gaffey » Thu Sep 12, 2019 14:03 +0000

My shop had a few copies.

You have pretty good taste in comics. Isola, Usagi and Ronin Island. 8)
Gaffey

Postby maichan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 14:27 +0000

Gaffey wrote:You have pretty good taste in comics. Isola, Usagi and Ronin Island. 8)

Thank you. I just picked up Isola out of curiosity and now need to track down back issues.

Is that photo your weekly haul? :roll: :lol:
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Gaffey » Thu Sep 12, 2019 16:58 +0000

I wish. Unfortunately, I'm one of those trade waiters so I'm a bit behind on everything.

I took the picture from my shops weekly "New Stuff" postings.
Gaffey

Postby david20009 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 18:32 +0000

jabba359 wrote:No luck with the second printing at the four shops I checked with. But a friend said his shop will order in some extra copies, so I'll just have to wait an extra couple weeks to get mine (plus one for somebody from the group buys that PM'd me about getting him a copy - I have to check my messages to remember who).

That was me since I won’t be able to get a copy here in Singapore.
david20009

PreviousNext

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum