EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

San Diego Con: What to bring?

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

San Diego Con: What to bring?

Postby Stan Sakai » Mon Jul 01, 2019 20:30 +0000

I'm bringing a lot less stuff than usual to San Diego, so if there is anything out of the ordinary that you would like me to bring let me know. If you have ordered everything through Kyle then not need to contact me as I will work with him.

I will not be at the booth as often as last year. I'm a special guest this time and I will be on a bunch of panels and doing a few signings elsewhere.

We will have new pins (including Jei--both regular and Chibi), prints (including the serigraph of UY 1 cover), and Sketchbook 16. As usual we will have a couple of portfolios of original drawings and covers. We will also have UY Book 33: The Hidden in tpbk and HC and the same with Saga 8. The Complete TMNT/Usagi just came out as a trade.

Daniel has been handling most merchandise, but let me know if you have any questions.

Oh yes, we expect Ruth will be there Saturday.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Re: San Diego Con: What to bring?

Postby maichan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:34 +0000

Dear Stan.

Is the "serigraph of UY 1 cover" the same as the one announced on the Dogu website some time ago (the Albedo #2: 35th Anniversary Recreation Cover)?
If it is, can you please ask Daniel on behalf of those of us who expressed an interest via the Dogu website, on what our status is? And if he has pricing yet? I don't think any of us have received a confirmation email or a payment link. (Do we pay in advance, or at SDCC?)

Also, will we be able to request for any of these items to be signed and/or personalized in advance, since you may not always be there at the booth?
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Stan Sakai » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:50 +0000

maichan wrote:Dear Stan.

Is the "serigraph of UY 1 cover" the same as the one announced on the Dogu website some time ago (the Albedo #2: 35th Anniversary Recreation Cover)?
If it is, can you please ask Daniel on behalf of those of us who expressed an interest via the Dogu website, on what our status is? And if he has pricing yet? I don't think any of us have received a confirmation email or a payment link. (Do we pay in advance, or at SDCC?)

Also, will we be able to request for any of these items to be signed and/or personalized in advance, since you may not always be there at the booth?

We received the serigraphs just yesterday, and they are stunning. The delay was in getting a special paper that I had requested. They will be signed and numbered in a regular full color and a black and white (with spot color) editions. Daniel and Ruth handle the pricing and the orders so I'm out of the loop there.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby jabba359 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 15:43 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
maichan wrote:If it is, can you please ask Daniel on behalf of those of us who expressed an interest via the Dogu website, on what our status is? And if he has pricing yet? I don't think any of us have received a confirmation email or a payment link. (Do we pay in advance, or at SDCC?)

Daniel and Ruth handle the pricing and the orders so I'm out of the loop there.

I emailed Dogu to let them know that there were some questions on the Dojo and Ruth said Daniel would probably be posting about the prints soon.
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Silent Phantom » Mon Jul 08, 2019 18:32 +0000

Sent you a PM Sensei.
Silent Phantom
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby jabba359 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 +0000

Did you get any comp copies of your Ragnarok: The Breaking of Helheim cover? If so, I'd be interested in a copy. I know IDW will be selling the virgin version at the convention, but I'd like to get one that also has the title graphics as well.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Maka » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:10 +0000

jabba359 wrote:Did you get any comp copies of your Ragnarok: The Breaking of Helheim cover? If so, I'd be interested in a copy. I know IDW will be selling the virgin version at the convention, but I'd like to get one that also has the title graphics as well.

Stan, I am also interested in this Ragnarok incentive cover as well. And if you have any more blue signature chop pins, I would ask to purchase one. Kyle, once again, has agreed to pick up UY merch from your table on my behalf. Thanks! Peace, maka
Maka

Postby maichan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 +0000

Dear Stan,

Kyle will also be picking up my items for me. Among some merchandise that I am interested in are several mini prints.
I would like to request the following ones:

- Sepia watercolor Usagi & Sparrow mini print
- Chibi Usagi Surf wipeout mini print
- Surf Usagi and Ninjas mini print

I also placed an order for the Albedo print set for pick-up at SDCC
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Trevis Woods » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:13 +0000

Stan,
PM sent regarding two items for SDCC...Thanks!
Trevis Woods

Postby lookatyouhacker » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 +0000

Sakai-sama, you mentioned a special project that is going to come to fruition next year a while back. I hope you talk about it during the SDCC.
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Postby Trevis Woods » Tue Jul 16, 2019 20:42 +0000

One final PM sent regarding an AP HC volume 33...thanks!
Trevis Woods

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum