EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Future Usagi projects

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Future Usagi projects

Postby lookatyouhacker » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:31 +0000

Now, as Stan Sakai himself said on the "We Miss You, Tomoe" thread that I set up a while back, he has a new project that will appear next year, and that an Usagi Yojimbo spin-off series focusing on Usagi's supporting cast will wait until the project's completion before it gets off the ground. Right now, I'm suspecting that the Space Usagi miniseries that he mentioned in his interview with CBR last year might actually be that project he just referred to, but I could be wrong, and if so, he can correct me.
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Future Usagi projects

Postby lookatyouhacker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:36 +0000

jabba359 wrote:
Gaffey wrote:
lookatyouhacker wrote:Yes, but did Sakai-sama make a new announcement or two regarding future projects?
I'm sure Kyle will let us know when he can. He's probably just decompressing from 5 days on con life.

Nothing super new. Next year's "secret project" is the hinted-at-before Chibi Usagi series with Stan's wife Julie. As for the spin-off stories that are to follow at some point, Stan said he had several artists in mind to reach out to.

Regarding UY issue #6, which will come out 35 years after Albedo #2, we may have some variant covers to look forward to. I saw the pencils for one such cover while chatting with an artist that did one of the issue #1 variants.

That's pretty much all the new info I can recall hearing that I can share.

Too bad. I was hoping the project for next year would be the Space Usagi 3 storyline that Stan mentioned back in the CBR interview back in 2018. Though, who's gonna write the stories for the spin-off series?
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum