EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Legends Comics Buzz variant update

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Legends Comics Buzz variant update

Postby Gaffey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 13:12 +0000

***This was originally discussed in the SDCC thread***

Maka wrote:
Gaffey wrote:
Gaffey wrote:Legends is already selling their leftover copies on ebay for $75. Since I didn't join in on the group order I'll probably wait for the reprinting.

Already sold. :shock: I hope they reprint the virgin cover. Is it a done deal that they won't be?

I talked to Buzz yesterday (which was delightful) at a signing and he told me there won’t be any virgin cover reprinting. I guess you can never say never, but he is in the know, so I would say no.

Peace, maka
A quick conversation with Legends Comics and Games (Fresno).

ME: Hello, How many of these do you have left? I'm waiting to see if I can get one through the Usagi Yojimbo DojoBoard before buying one here. Thank you

THEM: I have about 6 left. IDW just told us that they will replace the damaged copies. If you're not in a rush, we should have them some time in August. We'll have them at our normal $30 price once we confirm that they are not damaged like the original run.

ME: If they are still going to be the virgin cover then I'll wait. Thank you.

THEM: Yes, they will be the virgin cover.
They've listed another Buzz copy for $75. The following quote was taken from their eBay listing (July 25th).

This is a brand new, unread IDW Usagi Yojimbo #1 Legends Comics and Games variant, with cover art by Aldrin "Buzz" Aw. The majority of the books came in severely damaged. Official print run of VF or better copies is 144. Only 50 copies are being replaced, making this one of the scarcest variant books. This one is in NM- condition.
I hope they honor the $30 quote on the replacements, but I'd understand if they didn't.
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Re: Legends Comics Buzz variant update

Postby Maka » Thu Jul 25, 2019 14:36 +0000

Only 50 being replaced. :( That's a bummer.

Maybe send them a follow up email with your conversation thread so they might be more likely to honor you $30 price. Good luck getting your copy, Gaffey.

Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Gaffey » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:42 +0000

Gaffey

Postby Gaffey » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:47 +0000

You can find the remaining Usagi Buzz covers here. Looks like the replacements were slightly damaged too.

https://legendscomics-games.com/collections/indie-comics/products/usagi-yojimbo-1-legends-comics-games-fresno-exclusive
Gaffey

Postby jabba359 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:34 +0000

Wow, only 144 survived! That's a pretty rare book! :shock:
-Kyle
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum