EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

IDW Usagi Yojimbo #3 SPOILERS!

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: IDW Usagi Yojimbo #3 SPOILERS!

Postby Maka » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:16 +0000

maichan wrote:
Maka wrote:I’ve been thinking we should another UYD book club weekend using these first three issues/story arch. But do it on the Usagi Yojimbo! Page instead of the UYD page, since it is so much easier for people to post photos. Maybe next weekend. Stay tuned. :) peace, maka

That sounds like it might be fun!

I'm curious though... the Usagi Yojimbo! page is a Group, administered by a fan who I am not familiar with. The page seems to be quite popular with only 620 members.

The Usagi Yojimbo Dojo however is a community page, and has over 13,000 "Likes" and "Followers"
I guess a community has different rules and settings than a group does. I know several of our Dojo Forum members adminitrate the FB Dojo page. Could we, should we set up a FB Dojo group if it is easier for members to contribute and participate?

Good questions, Miachan!

My opinion: the Usagi Yojimbo! group is doing fine without us creating another one. There is a lot of positive natural engagement there. If we tried to build a new group it might create confusion and why questions. I think it is great that someone created the group and it seems to be in the same spirit of UYD page. Win-win, for now. :twisted:

Personally, I think the group has a lot of engagement right now between all the collectors (including us :)). Let's see if the engagement is at a similar amount if we do a book club on the group. We will still announce it on the UYD page but point them to the UY! group.

Of course, I'm not the final say. Just putting my thoughts out there. :)

Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby maichan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 15:24 +0000

Maka wrote:
maichan wrote:
Maka wrote:I’ve been thinking we should another UYD book club weekend using these first three issues/story arch. But do it on the Usagi Yojimbo! Page instead of the UYD page, since it is so much easier for people to post photos. Maybe next weekend. Stay tuned. :) peace, maka

That sounds like it might be fun!

I'm curious though... the Usagi Yojimbo! page is a Group, administered by a fan who I am not familiar with. The page seems to be quite popular with only 620 members.

The Usagi Yojimbo Dojo however is a community page, and has over 13,000 "Likes" and "Followers"
I guess a community has different rules and settings than a group does. I know several of our Dojo Forum members adminitrate the FB Dojo page. Could we, should we set up a FB Dojo group if it is easier for members to contribute and participate?

Good questions, Miachan!

My opinion: the Usagi Yojimbo! group is doing fine without us creating another one. There is a lot of positive natural engagement there. If we tried to build a new group it might create confusion and why questions. I think it is great that someone created the group and it seems to be in the same spirit of UYD page. Win-win, for now. :twisted:

Personally, I think the group has a lot of engagement right now between all the collectors (including us :)). Let's see if the engagement is at a similar amount if we do a book club on the group. We will still announce it on the UYD page but point them to the UY! group.

Of course, I'm not the final say. Just putting my thoughts out there. :)

Peace, maka

Those are good points Maka! I just like making observations and coming up with ideas (which may be good or bad). :lol:

I think the FB Dojo page is a good facility for announcements. The one bad thing I see with it are visitor posts get delegated to a separate page and don't seem to get a lot of views (Likes or comments).
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby nicholasdoyle » Fri Aug 30, 2019 15:51 +0000

So far, I've loved all three of the IDW issues, with one (admittedly not-very-important) exception: I can't stand the paper that they're printed on. I know that most comics are printed on glossy/slick paper nowadays, but I'd love it if they would use the type of paper DC's currently using for their Superman comics. Of course, this has nothing to do with the story, which was fantastic, as usual.
nicholasdoyle
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Previous

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum