EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Sorting through my collection...

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Sorting through my collection...

Postby Gaffey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:20 +0000

*I'll keep all my annoying questions to this thread. :P

Is Mysteries the only large signature card that had two versions? One says Available Now! and the other says Available June 2018!

I feel like I've asked that before, but now that I'm sorting through my collection (keep/trade/donate), I'd like to get as much info as possible on what's out there.

Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby Gaffey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:55 +0000

I opened my statue cases and found an extra poster. 8) So I'll have one for you guys to fight over if Roel can't find his extras.

Gaffey

Postby Maka » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:27 +0000

I had no idea there were two different mysteries promo cards.

I refuse to fight for that Rokutoys poster. 8) I know I have to be selective when it comes to posters in my household. Cheryl is the interior decorator and I already have more Usagi posters than walls. :lol:

That is a very cool poster, however. I wonder why I didn't get one when I ordered mine? I order both sets when they were initially offered. After I donated them to the CAPS auction, I bought the sets again from Roel when he had the Rokutoys sale announcement here. All four boxes didn't come with posters. Not that I'm complaining . . . again, I have no wall space. :lol:

Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby jabba359 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:45 +0000

The small pile of Mysteries cards I have all say "Available now" on them, which makes sense they'd all be the same since I got them all at once.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Gaffey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:52 +0000

Maka wrote:I had no idea there were two different mysteries promo cards.

I refuse to fight for that Rokutoys poster. 8) I know I have to be selective when it comes to posters in my household. Cheryl is the interior decorator and I already have more Usagi posters than walls. :lol:
Instead of a fight to the death you could always enter the annual DojoBoard Haiku Contest. Subject: TBD

Maka wrote:That is a very cool poster, however. I wonder why I didn't get one when I ordered mine? I order both sets when they were initially offered. After I donated them to the CAPS auction, I bought the sets again from Roel when he had the Rokutoys sale announcement here. All four boxes didn't come with posters. Not that I'm complaining . . . again, I have no wall space. :lol:

Peace, maka
I'm surprised you didn't even get the postcard that Mayhem has. I just assumed everyone got something in their case. Let's hope Roel has a stack of them somewhere (even though you don't need one) :P .

I forgot you donated your statues. Didn't you get a sweet piece of art for your act of kindness?

jabba359 wrote:The small pile of Mysteries cards I have all say "Available now" on them, which makes sense they'd all be the same since I got them all at once.
Interesting. I don't remember where I got the Available June 2018 card.
Gaffey

Postby Maka » Mon Aug 19, 2019 13:12 +0000

Yes, Stan gave an unused splash page of Senso. I was stunned when it showed up in the mail and I am still stunned every time I look at it. Peace, maka
Maka

Postby Gaffey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 13:20 +0000

Curiosity question: Is everyone's banner turning pink? I haven't looked at these in quite some time so I don't remember if that's the way it was from the get-go.

Perhaps it's the blood of his enemies.

Gaffey

Postby maichan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 16:22 +0000

Gaffey wrote:*I'll keep all my annoying questions to this thread. :P

Is Mysteries the only large signature card that had two versions? One says Available Now! and the other says Available June 2018!

I feel like I've asked that before, but now that I'm sorting through my collection (keep/trade/donate), I'd like to get as much info as possible on what's out there.

I will check my cards tonight if I remember... I know I have one or two cards that are variations for some reason - I just don't recall which cards they are.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:23 +0000

maichan wrote:
Gaffey wrote:*I'll keep all my annoying questions to this thread. :P

I will check my cards tonight if I remember... I know I have one or two cards that are variations for some reason - I just don't recall which cards they are.

So it turns out I only have one version of the "Mysteries" card. My version is the "Available Now"

I do have two versions though for "Traitors of the Earth"

Image20190819_203917 by Michael Foertsch, on Flickr

Can I join in on the annoying questions?

How many large signature cards are there.
This is what I have:
2019-08-20_09-14-22 by Michael Foertsch, on Flickr

Staring with "Glimpses of Death" (which I think is 2011) through "Mysterieds" for 2018. I seem to be missing the card for 2013. The black & white TFAW does not have a year, although there is mention of some date (month & day) on the back.

Also for "Glimpses of Death", I noticed it has blank space for #___ of ___ - does anyone have a numbered card?
Last edited by maichan on Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:33 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby maichan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 +0000

Gaffey wrote:I opened my statue cases and found an extra poster. 8) So I'll have one for you guys to fight over if Roel can't find his extras.

I think I still have my boxes. Maybe I better double check them in case I missed it on the bottom. :lol:

Otherwise I'll get the dohyō (Sumo wrestling ring) ready.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Gaffey » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:09 +0000

Two versions of Traitors of the Earth? I'm not sure which one I have.

That Two Hundred Jizo signed in gold is nice! I'll take a pic of my cards tonight.

I see you have the elusive Hell Screen card. I know there are three on eBay but I'm not paying $50 for one. They've been up for over a year.
Gaffey

Postby maichan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:42 +0000

Gaffey wrote:I see you have the elusive Hell Screen card. I know there are three on eBay but I'm not paying $50 for one. They've been up for over a year.

EDIT..... reply error...... keep moving, nothing to see here.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Gaffey » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 +0000

I have two different Sakai business cards (backs are different). Not that they're official merchandise or anything like that.

Gaffey

Postby jabba359 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:36 +0000

Gaffey wrote:Curiosity question: Is everyone's banner turning pink? I haven't looked at these in quite some time so I don't remember if that's the way it was from the get-go.

The one I bought on eBay just arrived and it looks exactly like yours.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby Mayhem » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:10 +0000

Could be very slow ink leakage. Will see if I can unpack mine and check the banner.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum