EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Sorting through my collection...

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Sorting through my collection...

Postby Gaffey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:20 +0000

*I'll keep all my annoying questions to this thread. :P

Is Mysteries the only large signature card that had two versions? One says Available Now! and the other says Available June 2018!

I feel like I've asked that before, but now that I'm sorting through my collection (keep/trade/donate), I'd like to get as much info as possible on what's out there.

Image

Image
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby Gaffey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:55 +0000

I opened my statue cases and found an extra poster. 8) So I'll have one for you guys to fight over if Roel can't find his extras.

Image

Image
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby Maka » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:27 +0000

I had no idea there were two different mysteries promo cards.

I refuse to fight for that Rokutoys poster. 8) I know I have to be selective when it comes to posters in my household. Cheryl is the interior decorator and I already have more Usagi posters than walls. :lol:

That is a very cool poster, however. I wonder why I didn't get one when I ordered mine? I order both sets when they were initially offered. After I donated them to the CAPS auction, I bought the sets again from Roel when he had the Rokutoys sale announcement here. All four boxes didn't come with posters. Not that I'm complaining . . . again, I have no wall space. :lol:

Peace, maka
User avatar
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 20:10 +0000
Location: California

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby jabba359 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:45 +0000

The small pile of Mysteries cards I have all say "Available now" on them, which makes sense they'd all be the same since I got them all at once.
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1877
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby Gaffey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:52 +0000

Maka wrote:I had no idea there were two different mysteries promo cards.

I refuse to fight for that Rokutoys poster. 8) I know I have to be selective when it comes to posters in my household. Cheryl is the interior decorator and I already have more Usagi posters than walls. :lol:
Instead of a fight to the death you could always enter the annual DojoBoard Haiku Contest. Subject: TBD

Maka wrote:That is a very cool poster, however. I wonder why I didn't get one when I ordered mine? I order both sets when they were initially offered. After I donated them to the CAPS auction, I bought the sets again from Roel when he had the Rokutoys sale announcement here. All four boxes didn't come with posters. Not that I'm complaining . . . again, I have no wall space. :lol:

Peace, maka
I'm surprised you didn't even get the postcard that Mayhem has. I just assumed everyone got something in their case. Let's hope Roel has a stack of them somewhere (even though you don't need one) :P .

I forgot you donated your statues. Didn't you get a sweet piece of art for your act of kindness?

jabba359 wrote:The small pile of Mysteries cards I have all say "Available now" on them, which makes sense they'd all be the same since I got them all at once.
Interesting. I don't remember where I got the Available June 2018 card.
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby Maka » Mon Aug 19, 2019 13:12 +0000

Yes, Stan gave an unused splash page of Senso. I was stunned when it showed up in the mail and I am still stunned every time I look at it. Peace, maka
User avatar
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 20:10 +0000
Location: California

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby Gaffey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 13:20 +0000

Curiosity question: Is everyone's banner turning pink? I haven't looked at these in quite some time so I don't remember if that's the way it was from the get-go.

Perhaps it's the blood of his enemies.
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby maichan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 16:22 +0000

Gaffey wrote:*I'll keep all my annoying questions to this thread. :P

Is Mysteries the only large signature card that had two versions? One says Available Now! and the other says Available June 2018!

I feel like I've asked that before, but now that I'm sorting through my collection (keep/trade/donate), I'd like to get as much info as possible on what's out there.


I will check my cards tonight if I remember... I know I have one or two cards that are variations for some reason - I just don't recall which cards they are.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: A little Minka, somewhere in the countryside...

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby maichan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:23 +0000

maichan wrote:
Gaffey wrote:*I'll keep all my annoying questions to this thread. :P

Is Mysteries the only large signature card that had two versions? One says Available Now! and the other says Available June 2018!

I feel like I've asked that before, but now that I'm sorting through my collection (keep/trade/donate), I'd like to get as much info as possible on what's out there.


I will check my cards tonight if I remember... I know I have one or two cards that are variations for some reason - I just don't recall which cards they are.


So it turns out I only have one version of the "Mysteries" card. My version is the "Available Now"

I do have two versions though for "Traitors of the Earth"

Image20190819_203917 by Michael Foertsch, on Flickr

Can I join in on the annoying questions?

How many large signature cards are there.
This is what I have:
Image
2019-08-20_09-14-22 by Michael Foertsch, on Flickr

Staring with "Glimpses of Death" (which I think is 2011) through "Mysterieds" for 2018. I seem to be missing the card for 2013. The black & white TFAW does not have a year, although there is mention of some date (month & day) on the back.

Also for "Glimpses of Death", I noticed it has blank space for #___ of ___ - does anyone have a numbered card?
Last edited by maichan on Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:33 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: A little Minka, somewhere in the countryside...

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby maichan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 +0000

Gaffey wrote:I opened my statue cases and found an extra poster. 8) So I'll have one for you guys to fight over if Roel can't find his extras.


I think I still have my boxes. Maybe I better double check them in case I missed it on the bottom. :lol:

Otherwise I'll get the dohyō (Sumo wrestling ring) ready.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: A little Minka, somewhere in the countryside...

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby Gaffey » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:09 +0000

Two versions of Traitors of the Earth? I'm not sure which one I have.

That Two Hundred Jizo signed in gold is nice! I'll take a pic of my cards tonight.

I see you have the elusive Hell Screen card. I know there are three on eBay but I'm not paying $50 for one. They've been up for over a year.
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby maichan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:42 +0000

Gaffey wrote:I see you have the elusive Hell Screen card. I know there are three on eBay but I'm not paying $50 for one. They've been up for over a year.


EDIT..... reply error...... keep moving, nothing to see here.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
User avatar
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 23:04 +0000
Location: A little Minka, somewhere in the countryside...

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby Gaffey » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 +0000

I have two different Sakai business cards (backs are different). Not that they're official merchandise or anything like that.

Image

Image
User avatar
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:37 +0000

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby jabba359 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:36 +0000

Gaffey wrote:Curiosity question: Is everyone's banner turning pink? I haven't looked at these in quite some time so I don't remember if that's the way it was from the get-go.


The one I bought on eBay just arrived and it looks exactly like yours.
-Kyle
User avatar
jabba359
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 1877
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 +0000
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Sorting through my collection...

Postby Mayhem » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:10 +0000

Could be very slow ink leakage. Will see if I can unpack mine and check the banner.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
User avatar
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:54 +0000
Location: London, England


Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest