EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Usagi Yojimbo/TMNT Crossover Namazu Continuity

General discussion about Usagi Yojimbo, the comics, the stories, the characters, collectibles, TV appearances, Stan Sakai, Space Usagi, Nilson & Hermy, and all other related topics.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Usagi Yojimbo/TMNT Crossover Namazu Continuity

Postby aberg08 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:47 +0000

Hi,

I was wondering how the story "Namazu" fits into the continuity of the main Usagi Yojimbo story, if at all?

Thanks!
aberg08
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: Usagi Yojimbo/TMNT Crossover Namazu Continuity

Postby aberg08 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:03 +0000

Hi,

I wanted to clarify my question a bit because I wasn't getting any traction. I am new to the message boards and I recently read for the first time the entire series of UY. It has been a blast, UY its now my favorite comic series of all time. Anyway, I have this burning question that I cant seem to find the answer anywhere.

Where does the story "Namazu" fit into the current UY continuity?

Last time Jei is in a series (or the spirit of Jei), is at the end of Sparrows(book 24) when the spirit of Jei enters Hama. In the story, Namazu we find Jei amassing an army for an eventual showdown with the turtles and Usagi. Is this the Jei that enters Hama at the end of Sparrows? and if so where does this story take place in relation to the other books? I feel like this story fits anywhere before or after the series of stories with inspector Ishida ( books 29 - 33), but that is just guess work on my part. Sometimes i think there is chance that this story happens ahead of where we are current ( IDW #5)

I feel like Namazu is cannon, because of the references to shades to green. Usagi saying "you are not the leo i know", has always been one of the coolest references, I love that Usagi has interacted with both the mirage and IDW turtles in the same timeline (for Usagi).

Anyway, I have rambled on quite a bit but if anyone has any insight, i would appreciate it!

Thanks
Last edited by aberg08 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:06 +0000, edited 2 times in total.
aberg08

Postby Maka » Sat Oct 26, 2019 16:57 +0000

I really don’t know.

Stan was saying (and I’m probably remembering wrong :roll: ) that the last three trade paperbacks is about one season in Usagi life. So time passes slowly and a lot happens in a short time period in Usagi’s world.

Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby maichan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 20:33 +0000

I'm not sure either. :oops:

This is where I wish there would be a timeline and a map explaining/showing when and where everything that has happened during Usagi's journeys.
Michael, a.k.a., Maichan

My Usagi Collection
maichan
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby aberg08 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:03 +0000

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah I agree, about the seasons and a lot happening. I like that Stan does that through out the series, it helps group the stories and give them a continuity. I think Usagi just went through the summer/monsoon season. There were a lot of rainy stories (in the last several books) and the kinda ends in the IDW series. We catch that conversion with the farmers in IDW #4 who are harvesting there crops after a rainy summer.

I agree! I wish there was a map/timeline, that would be awesome!
aberg08

Return to Usagi Yojimbo Main Forum