EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

UY Book 22: Tomoe's Story

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

Postby Krogu » Tue Feb 03, 2009 14:06 +0000

Ok i've read book 22, The polish edition looks good, the cover is better then it looks on computer, everything is fine.

But im disappointed there are no more dark horse issues inside...i don't know why but it's a little bit strange to read old and new issues of uy in one book, i guess i don't like it. The DH Issues are perfect, i mean Ghost in the well story is interesting, there is a lot of politics (i love uy politics :) ) and the story fits great the book, i also enjoyed reading history of kitsune and her story in geishu province, it was funny and very good issue for me, I won't talk much about chanyou it's amazing story! Such emotions in a comic book, G - R - E - A - T .... and the 1st part of history of tomoe is nice, i actually enjoyed it, but the story of sumi?! i dont understand, didnt usagi just killed with sasuke its owner? but story is older then sumi-e? so.... im confused.

the "fox" tale is good, but its the weakest issue in this book for me, chanyou is the best, and i guess ill order 23 book right from usa right after its releasement, can't wait another 1,5 year for next book :P
"A mogło być zupełnie inaczej..."
Krogu
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby toine » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:28 +0000

I did write a small review (in french) about Tomoe's Story : http://www.bdgest.com/chronique-4881-BD ... me-22.html .

Tomoe's story will be available in french for the Angoulême Salon (Stan is attending). Paquet Editions, the publisher, announces on his website a combined sale for the title of over 100'000 books sold !

"The future is unwritten, know your rights"

The Clash

toine

Re: UY Book 22: Tomoe's Story

Postby Usagi64 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:21 +0000

I got this book when I ordered it with "Space Usagi" and "Book #21: Mother Of The Mountains", and I think it's an excellent collection of stories in the series that involved Usagi spending time with Tomoe. After reading it from beginning to end, it kinda made me want to see more stories with those two characters being together, since I really like how close they are as a couple of great friends, and I also heard that they could be a possible couple as well. However, I am also aware that there could be plans for Tomoe to be married to a neighboring lord (who is actually very old), and I'm very anxious to know how that would effect her friendship with Usagi. Even so, "Book #22: Tomoe's Story" is a must have for any fan of the series.
Usagi64

Re:

Postby lookatyouhacker » Thu Jun 06, 2019 15:54 +0000

Ben wrote:Did anyone else notice Noriko in the background on page 12?

Oh, I sure as hell did. I checked if she was there in the earlier version and she wasn't.
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Postby Mayhem » Fri Jun 07, 2019 0:41 +0000

Stan made a few changes as he redrew the story, as he couldn’t find the originals for the book. Adding Noriko to a panel was one of them.
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby lookatyouhacker » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 +0000

The other two color specials were included as well. How come the visuals weren't updated in either of them?
Restriction Number 666 Released! Dimensional Interference Field Deployed! Code SOL! BlazeBlue Activate!

lookatyouhacker

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:14 +0000

lookatyouhacker wrote:The other two color specials were included as well. How come the visuals weren't updated in either of them?

Mayhem wrote:Stan made a few changes as he redrew the story, as he couldn’t find the originals for the book....

The original pages for the other two color special stories were still available for use when Tomoe's Story was compiled.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby estee » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:40 +0000

I noticed what I consider some self-censoring by Stan.

In the in the original Colo(u)r Special the Fox calls Tomoe, well, a nasty pejorative.

But in the trade it was changed to 'snarl'.

:D :oops:
estee

Postby lookatyouhacker » Fri Jun 07, 2019 13:19 +0000

And a use of the word "hell" was removed too. Now if only Stan used that same self-censoring when re-releasing "Shi" part 2 during the argument between the girl infatuated with Usagi and her jealous boyfriend. He called her something that made me think, "All ages, my ***."

lookatyouhacker

Previous

Return to Dojo News