EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Motor City Comic Con Dojo Dinner Get-together....

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

Postby shaxper » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:10 +0000

The big thing to keep in mind would be last minute invites. Last time around, I don't believe we were counting on David Petersen and his group joining us. Also, is Sergio coming this time?

Ultimately, I guess the question becomes whether we need to consider doing more than one table this time, or would that defeat the purpose?

Really, I have no problem asking my friends to stay behind on this one if it will make a difference for everyone else. I'd LOVE for them to meet Stan, but they aren't long-time fans who absolutely need to be there.
Last edited by shaxper on Mon Apr 26, 2010 19:25 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
shaxper
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Jennswack » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:26 +0000

OH wow, the shirt is awesome. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the 2007 Sergio one, so I'm definitely saving back the cash to pick one of these up for my husband and I!
Jennswack
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Jennswack » Fri Apr 09, 2010 14:36 +0000

I'm more of a casual visitor to the site, but my husband and I would love to join the dinner if possible. Huge Usagi fan here for years. I was posting under Foxfiree but don't have the email it was attached to anymore and forgot my password :(
Jennswack

Postby shaxper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 19:24 +0000

Just thought I'd try reviving this thread since Motor City is steadfastly approaching. Do we have a reservation? I can make one if Steve hasn't already. Should we try to get a final head count of who's coming, or should we wait until we're closer to the convention date?

I can't tell you how excited Keira and I are to see Stan and all of you once again! Last time was a memory that we'll carry with us forever.
shaxper

Postby Steve Hubbell » Mon Apr 26, 2010 20:23 +0000

MCCC Dojo Dinner get-together chairperson Shaxper wrote:Just thought I'd try reviving this thread since Motor City is steadfastly approaching. Do we have a reservation? I can make one if Steve hasn't already. Should we try to get a final head count of who's coming, or should we wait until we're closer to the convention date?

I have not made any reservations yet, been waiting to see if there were going to be any more Dojo members wanting to participate. I can PM you the contact info for the Cherry Blossom if you would like to take care of it this time around. Now that we are down to the last few weeks before MCCC takes place, we probably should start finallizing some of the details.

Shaxper's party - 6
MikeM's party - 3
Jennswack & husband - 2
Stan & Sergio(?) - 2
Me & Jacob - 2

total so far - 15[/quote]
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby MikeM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 15:48 +0000

It's going to be great seeing you guys again.
Steve, is Jacob the same nephew you brought last time?

MikeM
MikeM

Postby Steve Hubbell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 16:44 +0000

MikeM wrote:Steve, is Jacob the same nephew you brought last time?

MikeM

Nope, differant nephew. Jacob is Nick's younger brother.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby shaxper » Tue Apr 27, 2010 16:46 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:
MCCC Dojo Dinner get-together chairperson Shaxper wrote:Just thought I'd try reviving this thread since Motor City is steadfastly approaching. Do we have a reservation? I can make one if Steve hasn't already. Should we try to get a final head count of who's coming, or should we wait until we're closer to the convention date?

I have not made any reservations yet, been waiting to see if there were going to be any more Dojo members wanting to participate. I can PM you the contact info for the Cherry Blossom if you would like to take care of it this time around. Now that we are down to the last few weeks before MCCC takes place, we probably should start finallizing some of the details.

Shaxper's party - 6
MikeM's party - 3
Jennswack & husband - 2
Stan & Sergio(?) - 2
Me & Jacob - 2

total so far - 15
[/quote]

PMed you. Oh, and with the toddlers, my group comes to 7, though I am considering attempting to change this. I don't want to tarnish the intimacy of the event by bringing too many people.

Incidentally, Steve, thanks for the title ;)
shaxper

Postby shaxper » Sat May 01, 2010 11:08 +0000

Okay folks, we officially have a reservation for Saturday, May 15th at 7:30pm. I figured this would give everyone enough time to get back from the convention, change, and then feel refreshed for dinner, but would earlier make more sense?

They are giving us three tatami rooms which will be opened up so that it will be one large party room. I tentatively have us down for 16 to 20 people. We have 15 right now, and that leaves us space for a few last minute additions. If it looks like we'll have 30 people, they can open up all four tatami rooms and give us the royal treatment, but we would have to let them know soon.

So more people are still welcome to join us. Just let me know as soon as possible!
shaxper

Postby shaxper » Tue May 04, 2010 13:23 +0000

Wildfire405 and his wife are now joining the dinner, as well.

Current headcount has us at 17. Not bad!

And, of course, please do keep in mind that we are all paying our own ways here (except, of course, for Stan -- and Sergio, if he joins us). The restaurant will be adding a mandatory 15% gratuity to all checks, as well.

If you'd like to check out the menu in advance, you can find it here: http://cherryblossom.biz/Novi/about.html

Dinner will be at 7:30. We can also choose to meet at Stan's table earlier in the day for a little Dojo get together. It might make sense to wait until the speaker room schedules are posted before choosing a time for this.

Anything else that I'm leaving out?
shaxper

Postby Maka » Tue May 04, 2010 20:13 +0000

What a great get together for the Dojo! Have fun!

Peace, maka
Maka

Postby furystorm » Sun May 16, 2010 10:02 +0000

I'm jealous because I was unable to attend the show and possibly the dinner. But I will say, as I have in the past, as a new member, I have never been shown so much hospitality over such a short period of time by any other forum on the internet. This is a great community of fans, and I hope everyone who was able to attend the dinner had a great time. One day, hopefully in the not too distant future, I will be able to attend a Dojo function and meet some of you fine people.

Cheers everyone! :D
furystorm

Postby VikingSpawn » Fri Jun 25, 2010 17:54 +0000

Is it too late to order a shirt now???

:(
VikingSpawn

Postby Maka » Fri Jun 25, 2010 17:58 +0000

VikingSpawn wrote:Is it too late to order a shirt now???

Hello VikingSpawn,
I think so. I never got an email or call back. Sorry. Peace, maka
Maka

Postby VikingSpawn » Fri Jun 25, 2010 18:01 +0000

Maka wrote:
VikingSpawn wrote:Is it too late to order a shirt now???

Hello VikingSpawn,
I think so. I never got an email or call back. Sorry. Peace, maka

darn...I just sent an email to the website but I guess it's a long shot now...

:? :oops:
VikingSpawn

PreviousNext

Return to Dojo News