EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

UY 131 is finished

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

UY 131 is finished

Postby Stan Sakai » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:15 +0000

I sent off the 25 page Return to Hell story to Dark Horse today. It is the conclusion to a two-part story, and will be the last story in UY Book 28 or 29. That trade is tentatively titled "To Hell and Back". I also sent the cover to UY 134: Toad Oil.

As usual after almost every completed issue, I will spend a week doing non-Usagi work or freebie projects such as art for conventions and auctions, the next World of Warcraft strip, and a nursery rhyme coffee table book anthology.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Re: UY 131 is finished

Postby shaxper » Tue Jun 01, 2010 15:04 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote: the next World of Warcraft strip,

First heard you mention this at MCCC. Is that in a World of Warcraft comic book or magazine? What does the strip entail? Is this an ongoing project?

and a nursery rhyme coffee table book anthology.

I definitely need to know more about this!
shaxper
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Re: UY 131 is finished

Postby Stan Sakai » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:32 +0000

shaxper wrote:
Stan Sakai wrote: the next World of Warcraft strip,

First heard you mention this at MCCC. Is that in a World of Warcraft comic book or magazine? What does the strip entail? Is this an ongoing project?

and a nursery rhyme coffee table book anthology.

I definitely need to know more about this!

It is for the WoW quarterly magazine. Gnome vs Goblin is pretty much Spy vs Spy. I'm contracted for 4 strip (1 year), but we are already talking about next year. The 1-page strip will be in black and white.

The nursery rhyme anthology is for First Second Books (a division of Macmillan). It is a gift book with about 100 pages with 50 artists each adapting a nursery rhyme in 2 pages. I've got dibs on Hector Protector. Other artists include Gahan Wilson, Lynda Barry, Richard Thompson, and Patrick McDonnell. I don't know when this is coming out, but with my experience of working on anthologies with a lot of cartoonists, I don't think it will be anytime soon.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Return to Dojo News