EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Legends of the Guard

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

Legends of the Guard

Postby Stan Sakai » Tue Jul 27, 2010 17:58 +0000

It was announced at the Archaia panel Sunday that I will be one of the guys involved in The Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard 2. In this series other creators take a stab at writing/drawing short stories about David Petersen's MG characters and world.

No schedule has been set for this yet.

Diana and I had discussed a similar project involving Usagi many years ago titled Usagi Yojimbo: Kagemusha. But nothing came out of it. I doubt we will ever resurrect the project.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby pl212 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 18:22 +0000

Wow sounds interesting , cant wait to see what you come up with :D looking forward to it !!
pl212
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Maka » Tue Jul 27, 2010 22:08 +0000

Hello Stan,

I hope Diana and you would reconsider this Usagi project. You could hand pick your friends and colleagues who you want to contribute. I know it's been done many times before (miracle man, legends of the fall, batman, and even UY 100) but I think many of us fans enjoy seeing other interpretations of Usagi's world. Maybe a focus could be on side characters like Zato-Ino, inspector Ishida, etc.

Of course, we know you have enough projects to keep you busy For a life time. And comics need to be profitable and I don't know how anthologies do. Still I can dream. Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Chris Schweizer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 +0000

The mouseguard project sounds interesting.

I do hope that the Kagemusha project is eventually considered again. I can imagine few cartoonists who would not leap at the chance to do an Usagi story.
Chris Schweizer
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Stan Sakai » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 +0000

Chris Schweizer wrote:The mouseguard project sounds interesting.

I do hope that the Kagemusha project is eventually considered again. I can imagine few cartoonists who would not leap at the chance to do an Usagi story.

I'm looking forward to doing my Crogan short story in a couple of years.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Return to Dojo News