EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

The Complete Fantagraphics Usagi Yojimbo

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

Postby furystorm » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 +0000

You must open this. I cannot wait for my copy to arrive, and it should be here on the 21st.
furystorm
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Steve Hubbell » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:56 +0000

I received my copy from Amazon a couple days ago, and it looks great!.

I had to open the shrink wrap to look it over.

Glad I did because I found a spot in volume 2 around the 560 page point where the binding was damaged (ripped). Amazon already has a replacement copy on its way and I have to drop the original off at UPS to return it.

My copy ordered through the local comic shop also came in and is waiting for pick-up this weekend.
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby shaxper » Fri Dec 17, 2010 20:39 +0000

Got mine today.

I think the presentation could have been stronger (binding is a little sloppy, cover and interior art could have reflected more effort), but you just can't go wrong with a complete hardcover collection of the entire Fantagraph run in two volumes, no matter what it looks like.

All in all, I've been nearly frozen in a ridiculously pleased stupor since this came in the mail today.
shaxper
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby coolray85 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:33 +0000

ordered mine just last night through amazon...shall take 2 to 5 weeks until I'll recieve it...
coolray85

Postby kawfeadikt » Wed Dec 22, 2010 15:50 +0000

Got mine yesterday, had to return one because first copy got dinged in shipping. Amazon replaced it overnight with no hassles whatsoever. A+ for them.

The edition itself is very nice, I am very pleased with the use of coated stock.

Some niggling notes: The printing was, however, uneven--as I noted several pages throughout both volumes experienced ink transfer. Anybody else see that? The reproduction of the art in the second book also seemed be heavier than the first book, although I'm not sure if the originals were printed that way as well. I also wouldn't have minded Stan's story notes were alongside as well as indications of where the story first appeared (I'm not so versed in UY I know right off the bat).

Overall, I'm very happy with having the Fantagraphics run done so well and look forward to reading the stories again and again.
kawfeadikt

Postby Mayhem » Thu Dec 30, 2010 20:08 +0000

I checked mine and everything appears to be in order, no errors, binding issues or problem pages. At least that's something to be grateful for heh, wouldn't fancy returning it to the US :P
With a breeze comes a storm, but then you'll all be washed away...
Mayhem
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Aco » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:27 +0000

Got mine yesterdays, very well packed by amazon and it came without any damages. The edition is very nice, however, i don´t like the fact that the covers are not included before the stories. I don´t know if they are all included at the end of the second book, but i´d rather have them placed before every issue.
Otherwise, it is a very nice book(s), and comparing to Punisher omnibus by Garthe Ennis or similar books, you can actually read them without using all of your arm mucles;-)). Also the size iz ok - i´d like to have all Usagi Yojimbo stories published like this so let´s hope Dark Horse makes something similar in the future as Fantagraphics.
Aco

Postby Stan Sakai » Fri Dec 31, 2010 16:38 +0000

Editor Kim told me it is Fantagraphics' #1 seller on Amazon right now. Not bad for a $100 book (well, discounted).
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby coolray85 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:24 +0000

so now that the book is this successful aren't the folks at fantagraphics biting in their fists right know because they decided to make it a LIMITED run in advance?....(the could have made more money from it...)
or is the status as rare and sought after book a good thing for them, too(in any way?)
coolray85

Previous

Return to Dojo News