EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

Who do you want in a Usagi Yojimbo Series 3 statue set?

A moderated forum where Stan Sakai and the UYD Shogunate regularly post UY-related news, comic con and signing info, Dojo contest info, and special announcements to UYD Members.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, digulla, Moderators

What characters would you like to see in a Series Three set of Usagi Yojimbo statues?

Yagi & Gorogoro (the Lone Goat & Kid)
25%
Stray Dog
10%
Chizu
11%
Inazuma
3%
Sanshobo
1%
Shingen
2%
Sasuké the Demon Queller
8%
Inspector Ishida
16%
Sakura
No votes
Kenichi
1%
Mariko
No votes
Lord Mifune
No votes
Lord Hikiji
1%
Lord Hebi
2%
Komori Ninja
No votes
Neko Ninja
7%
Mogura Ninja
1%
Woodcutter & wife
9%

Total votes : 87

Re: Who do you want in a Usagi Yojimbo Series 3 statue set?

Postby Maka » Thu Feb 05, 2015 17:43 +0000

If you new (or long time) UYDer haven't read the posts on how these statues came to be, here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2448&p=15639#p15639
Roel has been giving us a lot of great UY statues, a cool T-shirt, and a film! It was so cool to follow it as it was happening here on the Dojo. And it's cool that it is still here for us to enjoy. Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby BuckRogers » Thu Feb 05, 2015 18:17 +0000

Maka wrote:If you new (or long time) UYDer haven't read the posts on how these statues came to be, here's the link: http://usagiyojimbo.com/forum3/viewtopi ... 639#p15639
Roel has been giving us a lot of great UY statues, a cool T-shirt, and a film! It was so cool to follow it as it was happening here on the Dojo. And it's cool that it is still here for us to enjoy. Peace, maka

Thanks Maka! I read the first 5 pages and it is so cool to see it evolve. Usagi history documented day by day. I will continue to read through it as it is really cool.

I must say that on one hand I am happy that I did not have to wait soooo long to actually order them but on the other hand I am totally bummed as I missed out on Series Two and they are now all sold out!!!
BuckRogers
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby BuckRogers » Fri Feb 13, 2015 17:53 +0000

Just received my Series One Exclusive complete set today and I am blown away! Holy smokes! They are REALLY amazing. I thought that they would be nice but not THIS nice. They are a heavy, LARGE statue and soooo, so well done. The Gen one is especially amazing but all of them are great. So very excited to have them and the kids just love them as well!!! Highly recommend them if you are considering buying them. Roku Toys still have Series One in stock but are completely out of Series Two (Dang it!)
BuckRogers

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:01 +0000

Now you need to get yourself a statue of Sam-Moo-Rai to give Usagi a truly worthy opponent!

Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby BuckRogers » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:53 +0000

Steve Hubbell wrote:Now you need to get yourself a statue of Sam-Moo-Rai to give Usagi a truly worthy opponent!

Ha! This is really great and more than a bit apropos as I was raised on a small dairy farm in northern Vermont and worked with cows every day until I left for college!

Is he from another comic or anime or something else? I have not heard of him.

Thanks!
Buck
BuckRogers

Postby Steve Hubbell » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:05 +0000

She (notice the udders hanging out from the bottom of the armor) was produced for the New York "Cow Parade" in 2002

http://www.cowparade.com/our-story/

http://newyork.cowparade.com/

http://newyork.cowparade.com/cow/detail/294
Steve Hubbell
Taisho

Postby Lobster Johnson » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:13 +0000

I was reading through some older threads and realized I've never posted on this one. My choices would be:
1. Sasuke the Demon Queller
2. Inspector Ishida
Those two are the only ones I'm definitely sure about. There are a bunch of other characters that I like equally and can't decide between which ones would make the best statues. Some of those characters are: Sanshobo, Chizu, the woodcutters, any of the ninja groups, Inazuma (with interchangeable Jei/Inazuma heads!), Nezumi, Shingen, Lord Hebi, Lord Hikiji, another Usagi variant (maybe in the uniform he wore in Dragon Bellow Conspiracy?), Yagi and Gorogoro, and probably lots more that I'm forgetting.
The statues sound very cool. I'd like to get them someday.
Lobster Johnson

Previous

Return to Dojo News